Vengeance/Vigilance Simple PVE Guide 5.10 (COMPLETELY REVISED) By Azray'ell

DISCLAIMER: This is just a simple breakdown of stats, a rotation, utility suggestions, and some general tips that I think are helpful; they are only suggestions, and in NO WAY something I'm forcing you to do!

Phew, with the disclaimer out of the way let's get to it! :rak_03:

NOTE: Please ignore my damn username it's dumb. Just call me Azray'ell.

SECOND NOTE: Of course, it's hard to read this guide on the forum, for that reason, there's a PDF of the rotations and stats on the way! However I still recommend you read the guide here for an in-detail explanation.

STATS:

Okay, this section (obviously) applies to both Pub and Imp variants of the class. In the Endgame, you have 2 options for how you should gear and it really comes down to your gear tier.

For item ratings 230-246 and 228 augments, I recommend:

HIGH-CRITICAL BUILD:

Accuracy: 740+ (Around 500 from gear and 240 from the proficiency stim)

Alacrity: 710~ (First breakpoint, it makes your GCD 1.4s rather than 1.5s)

Critical: Remainder of your tertiary stat budget. It should ideally bring crit chance to 40% at least (tertiary stats = Accuracy, Alacrity, and Critical).

Mastery & Power: Don't bother monitoring these as you won't really be able to balance them at all. So long as you don't get any tank augments like a dunce.

For item ratings 247-258 and 236-240 augments, I recommend:

HIGH-ALACRITY BUILD:

Accuracy: 740+ (Around 500 from gear and 240 from the proficiency stim).

Alacrity: 1860 or above (Second breakpoint, it makes your GCD 1.3s rather than 1.4s from the previous breakpoint).

Critical: Remainder of your tertiary stat budget. It should ideally bring crit chance to 40% at least (tertiary stats = Accuracy, Alacrity, and Critical).

Mastery & Power: Again, don't bother monitoring these as you won't really be able to balance them at all. So long as you don't get any tank augments like a dunce.

TIP: If you use an adrenal (which you should, right before force scream, it has no GCD so do it simultaneously with the previous ability). The one you'll use is different based on your preferred build. If you're rolling with the High-Critical Build, use ATTACK Adrenals; and if you're rolling with the High-Alacrity Build, use CRITICAL Adrenals! :)

SUGGESTION: If you're interested, you could grind the Biochem crew skill to 600, which would allow you to use the "MK-2" reusable versions of Stims, Adrenals, and Medpacs (which always come in handy).

IMPORTANT: As you should know by now if you're not a beginner, use only 2 kinds of relics:

• Relic of Serendipitous Assault

• Relic of Focused Retribution

If you don't have access to a FR one a Devastating Vengeance relic would do for the time being.

VENGEANCE SECTION:

Rotation:

Opener:

1.Enrage

2. Force Charge (if within jumping distance) OR Saber Throw (if you're too close)

TIP: Enrage does not have a GCD so you can use it at the same time as Charge to save time! :)

Rotation:

1. Filler

2. Shatter

3. Filler

4. Ravage

5. Filler

6. Sundering Assault

7. Filler

8. Hew (if procced) OR Saber Throw OR Enrage+Vicious Slash (If Saber Throw ain't ready and Enrage is off CD)

9. Repeat

Now you may be thinking "wHy ThE f@#! dO yOu HaVe So MaNy FiLLErS aZ?" Reason is the fillers are a rotation of their own.

Filler Rotation:

1. Impale

2. Force Scream

3. Vengeful Slam

4. Repeat

It may be a little confusing since there's 4 fillers but what you basically do is move use the first filler of that pass as the 4th. It's a little easier understood if you look at a full 24GCD run of the rotation below where I have the fillers in bold and underlined.

Full Rotation:

1. Impale

2. Shatter

3. Force Scream

4. Ravage

5. Vengeful Slam

6. Sundering Assault

7. Impale

8. Hew OR Saber Throw OR Enrage+Vicious Slash

9. Force Scream

10. Shatter

11. Vengeful Slam

12. Ravage

13. Impale

14. Sundering Assault

15. Force Scream

16. Hew OR Saber Throw OR Enrage+Vicious Slash

17. Vengeful Slam

18. Shatter

19. Impale

20. Ravage

21. Force Scream

22. Sundering Assault

23. Vengeful Slam

24. Hew OR Saber Throw OR Enrage+Vicious Slash

25. Repeat

Utility Build:

Okay, utilities are something that generally need to be changed depending on your situation. In some ops I'd change mine up a bit, or when I go in to do a Warzone for Conquest Points I'd optimize them for PVP. So since this all depends on YOU, and YOUR playstyle, I'd like you to take this part of the guide with a grain of salt. You don't have to use it, in fact I'm encouraging you to make your own; the below preset is just what I use for solo content (which is a lot of what I do, dailies and heroics and all). Cheers!

My Utilities

VIGILANCE SECTION:

Rotation:

Opener:

1. Combat Focus

2. Force Leap (if within jumping distance) OR Saber Throw (if you're too close)

TIP: Combat Focus does not have a GCD so you can use it at the same time as Leap to save time! :)

Rotation:

1. Filler

2. Plasma Brand

3. Filler

4. Blade Barrage

5. Filler

6. Sundering Strike

7. Filler

8. Whirling Blade (if procced) OR Saber Throw OR Combat Focus+Slash (If Saber Throw ain't ready and Combat Focus is off CD)

9. Repeat

Now you may be thinking "wHy ThE f@#! dO yOu HaVe So MaNy FiLLErS aZ?" Reason is the fillers are a rotation of their own.

Filler Rotation:

1. Overhead Slash

2. Blade Storm

3. Vigilant Thrust

4. Repeat

It may be a little confusing since there's 4 fillers but what you basically do is move use the first filler of that pass as the 4th. It's a little easier understood if you look at a full 24GCD run of the rotation below where I have the fillers in bold and underlined.

Full Rotation:

1. Overhead Slash

2. Plasma Brand

3. Blade Storm

4. Blade Barrage

5. Vigilant Thrust

6. Sundering Strike

7. Overhead Slash

8. Whirling Blade OR Saber Throw OR Combat Focus+Slash

9. Blade Storm

10. Plasma Brand

11. Vigilant Thrust

12. Blade Barrage

13. Overhead Slash

14. Sundering Strike

15. Blade Storm

16. Whirling Blade OR Saber Throw OR Combat Focus+Slash

17. Vigilant Thrust

18. Plasma Brand

19. Overhead Slash

20. Blade Barrage

21. Blade Storm

22. Sundering Strole

23. Vigilant Thrust

24. Whirling Blade OR Saber Throw OR Combat Focus+Slash

25. Repeat

Utility Build:

Okay, utilities are something that generally need to be changed depending on your situation. In some ops I'd change mine up a bit, or when I go in to do a Warzone for Conquest Points I'd optimize them for PVP. So since this all depends on YOU, and YOUR playstyle, I'd like you to take this part of the guide with a grain of salt. You don't have to use it, in fact I'm encouraging you to make your own; the below preset is just what I use for solo content (which is a lot of what I do, dailies and heroics and all). Cheers!

My Utilities

CLOSING REMARKS:

Vengeance/Vigilance is one of the most fun DPS specs in the game imho, so in all your adventures I hope this guide helps you to understand the class more and help you to reach your DPS goals. Cheers!

Edited by Assassinarian

Just a question, not a critique per say. Doesn't Plasma Brand reset the cool down on Blade Barrage? (It's been a long time since I looked at the utilities, so maybe I'm just spec'd for that). If that is the case, would it be better to open with Blade Barrage since it will be available again as soon as you use Plasma Brand? Or at least anytime before you use the first Plasma Brand.

Just a question, not a critique per say. Doesn't Plasma Brand reset the cool down on Blade Barrage? (It's been a long time since I looked at the utilities, so maybe I'm just spec'd for that). If that is the case, would it be better to open with Blade Barrage since it will be available again as soon as you use Plasma Brand? Or at least anytime before you use the first Plasma Brand.

It is not worth it, Blade Barrage is just a low priority filler. If in a real fight for whatever reason you don't get to use it at all before the next Plasma Brand, it's ok.

Edited by Equeliber

It is not worth it, Blade Barrage is just a low priority filler. If in a real fight for whatever reason you don't get to use it at all before the next Plasma Brand, it's ok.

I'm not going to comment on a PVE rotation aside from saying I agree. Blade barrage was heavily nerfed into a filler attack at best.

It's not worth using it to reset anymore, BD & ravage used to be a much harder hitting attack before damage was split off into hew for vigilance / vengeance & gore for carnage marauders / combat sentinels.

Edited by RACATW

• 3 months later...
I have a possibly stupid question. In every guide I've seen, people put enrage early in the rotation and sundering assault later on, but I can't seem to figure out why. Is it purely for pre-casting before leaping in, or is there some other benefit I'm not aware of?

I have a possibly stupid question. In every guide I've seen, people put enrage early in the rotation and sundering assault later on, but I can't seem to figure out why. Is it purely for pre-casting before leaping in, or is there some other benefit I'm not aware of?

pure dps.

look at it like: if you can get free rage(enrage), why spend a GCD for generating it with a low damage ability(SA) and delay your dots?

but keep in mind that the rotation shown in this guide got some tiny adjustments on where to place ravage with the new tactical in 6.0.

Edited by mrphstar

pure dps.

look at it like: if you can get free rage(enrage), why spend a GCD for generating it with a low damage ability(SA) and delay your dots?

but keep in mind that the rotation shown in this guide got some tiny adjustments on where to place ravage with the new tactical in 6.0.

Ah okay, that makes sense. Thanks.

pure dps.

that's the one I'm looking for, when to ravage with hemophilic slash lol

pure dps.

Where should ravage go now?