Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

Karaiblis

Hi everyone, as Damion mentioned in an earlier forum post, this was incredibly important for the development team to resolve. We think that we’ve found the best solution for all users affected by the changes made to the Spymaster, Phantom, Trailblazer, and Preceptor outfits in Patch 1.6.2. In Game Update 1.7 (which should be going live in the next month or so), we are going to offer versions of the aforementioned outfits as they appeared before the 1.6.2 changes in addition to the current versions that appear in the Cartel Market Packs. Players will be able to obtain (via Cartel Packs) both the “Classic” (pre 1.6.2) versions of the outfits and the current versions (post 1.6.2).

What about players who already purchased this before the 1.6.2 changes? Or even the players that enjoy the new looks? We’re going to do what’s best for all and in the next major Game Update, any player that has any pieces of the four outfits (Spymaster, Phantom, Trailbazer, and Preceptor) will receive the “Classic” version (pre 1.6.2) of those pieces as well, at no extra cost.

We will scan the bank, currently equipped items, and personal mail to check for the pieces to these outfits, so be sure to remove them from a Guild Bank before then (don’t worry, we will let people know well ahead of time when the next Game Update will go live). If we find that you own these pieces, we will mail you the “Classic” versions of these items. These extra outfit pieces will be unbound, so you may do whatever you like with them. If an item is on the GTN during the maintenance when we make this change, the auction will be canceled and you will receive both versions of the item in the mail after we come back out of maintenance.

We feel that this is the best possible design decision to make all of our players happy and we will continue to improve our internal processes in order to prevent a situation like this from happening again.

Thank you for your patience, and thank you for continuing to support Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Thank you for this, I hope it goes without a hitch. Should we rip mods out before the patch runs?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for providing a solution.

It does favor those that like the "new look" as they will receive a bonus armor item that they can sell where as users (like myself) that preferred the "old" look will need to spend cash pulling mods and adding augment slots and are left with an unwanted shell that cannot be transferred to another toon or sold.

I would prefer if you could split out mods/augs and unbind existing instances of the armor on patch 1.7 but I guess I'm getting wishful here...

Hi everyone, as Damion mentioned in an earlier forum post, this was incredibly important for the development team to resolve. We think that we’ve found the best solution for all users affected by the changes made to the Spymaster, Phantom, Trailblazer, and Preceptor outfits in Patch 1.6.2. In Game Update 1.7 (which should be going live in the next month or so), we are going to offer versions of the aforementioned outfits as they appeared before the 1.6.2 changes in addition to the current versions that appear in the Cartel Market Packs. Players will be able to obtain (via Cartel Packs) both the “Classic” (pre 1.6.2) versions of the outfits and the current versions (post 1.6.2).

What about players who already purchased this before the 1.6.2 changes? Or even the players that enjoy the new looks? We’re going to do what’s best for all and in the next major Game Update, any player that has any pieces of the four outfits (Spymaster, Phantom, Trailbazer, and Preceptor) will receive the “Classic” version (pre 1.6.2) of those pieces as well, at no extra cost.

We will scan the bank, currently equipped items, and personal mail to check for the pieces to these outfits, so be sure to remove them from a Guild Bank before then (don’t worry, we will let people know well ahead of time when the next Game Update will go live). If we find that you own these pieces, we will mail you the “Classic” versions of these items. These extra outfit pieces will be unbound, so you may do whatever you like with them. If an item is on the GTN during the maintenance when we make this change, the auction will be canceled and you will receive both versions of the item in the mail after we come back out of maintenance.

We feel that this is the best possible design decision to make all of our players happy and we will continue to improve our internal processes in order to prevent a situation like this from happening again.

Thank you for your patience, and thank you for continuing to support Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Thank you very much for this solution.

Thank you for the great solution on behalf of people in my guild who were looking forward to how will this be decided. While I personally see this as a minor issue, there was great communication and adequate steps taken, which obviously made people happy. Keep up the same pace, it's the right track.

(While at it, whoever from Bio is reading this, just drop a line to the developers that the game still doesn't have a /readycheck.)

Thank you for explaining when and how - this is definitely the kind of communication we need more often :D

And for the majority of people who spent credits for augment kits and the augmentation cost itself, I guess we'll just have to absorb the cost of buying new kits and augmenting the newly acquired pieces, or perhaps I'm wrong and should see a free item as a gift, while ignoring the aggravation of this whole fiasco? :rolleyes:

Not trying to be difficult, but on top of the grievous error in judgement that was the inception of the problem, we have to wait another month or potentially more, plus absorb the cost of augmenting new pieces, since many of us augmented our original purchases.

What are you guys doing? For the amount of time it took to even share this possible solution the thought put into it is again much less than thorough.

Please consider the augmentation aspect of the situation and the terrible drawn-out inconvenience and frustration of it all.

I agree that this is an even more generous solution than any of us could hope for! Thank you very much, to Joveth, Damion, and the whole team of developers!

Generous?! I'm not so sure people should be thanking the developers for anything, they should be thanking the many frustrated subscribers for their unprecedented patience with a situation that blindsided the majority of us with this issue.

This current partial solution is another example appreciation should be oriented towards the customer, no mention on augmentation costs and the idea that getting the piece you originally paid for is some type of generosity is a terrible flawed type of logic.

The item I currently own I never wanted and the developers returning my original purchase is NOT some great generous gift, it has been nothing but a test of patience, nothing more. :mad:

That's a generous fix. Thank you! And thanks for the level of communication on this, it's been good to see.

This. If the original Dev team would've been this forthcoming on information and give EXACTLY what they are doing, there would be a lot more people still here. This is the kind of communication that should always be here. I'm actually shocked.

Also, I hope that 1.7 is hitting the PTR before it goes to Live in that "month or so". We want bugs caught BEFORE it's released.

And for the majority of people who spent credits for augment kits and the augmentation cost itself, I guess we'll just have to absorb the cost of buying new kits and augmenting the newly acquired pieces, or perhaps I'm wrong and should see a free item as a gift, while ignoring the aggravation of this whole fiasco? :rolleyes:

Not trying to be difficult, but on top of the grievous error in judgement that was the inception of the problem, we have to wait another month or potentially more, plus absorb the cost of augmenting new pieces, since many of us augmented our original purchases.

What are you guys doing? For the amount of time it took to even share this possible solution the thought put into it is again much less than thorough.

Please consider the augmentation aspect of the situation and the terrible drawn-out inconvenience and frustration of it all.

Ideally the issue should never have arisen. But it did. And now a fix has been offered. Maybe it will be intelligent enough to 'auto augment' the additional item but I doubt this will be the case. So some small cost will be incurred but at least you will have the specific look back.

Personally, I feel the look is far more important than the relatively minor cost of putting some augment slots on it. And, it is far cheaper to rip mods out of equipment now than it has ever been (although I feel it should be free, once an item and mod is bound you should be allowed to do what you want with it at no further cost).

It really isn't that expensive to augment up a set of armour, at most a couple of days doing dailies.

I was wondering how many replies before someone came into whine about their fix. I think the vast majority of the community will be pleased with this solution, the developer's response and the level of communication with the community. Kudos!

The item I currently own I never wanted and the developers returning my original purchase is NOT some great generous gift, it has been nothing but a test of patience, nothing more.

The item you formerly owned was the incorrect implementation of the item you currently own. Now, you get to own two sets of armor to make up for the error. Augmentation Kits Mk-6 range from $30-40k credits per item. The cost is insubstantial to the majority of people putting their end game mods into aesthetic pieces.

And another thing I forgot to mention, besides the cost of augmenting, what about the cost we will have to absorb to rip out armorings, mods, enhancements and augments? :mad:

Bravo guys, bravo, just when you think there might be some thoughtful minds behind the scenes you realize it's just more typical human mediocrity, and I'm a bad man for pointing the emperor's naked behind. :rolleyes:

Ideally the issue should never have arisen. But it did. And now a fix has been offered. Maybe it will be intelligent enough to 'auto augment' the additional item but I doubt this will be the case. So some small cost will be incurred but at least you will have the specific look back.

Personally, I feel the look is far more important than the relatively minor cost of putting some augment slots on it. And, it is far cheaper to rip mods out of equipment now than it has ever been (although I feel it should be free, once an item and mod is bound you should be allowed to do what you want with it at no further cost).

It really isn't that expensive to augment up a set of armour, at most a couple of days doing dailies.

It's not about the cost, it is about the principal of the thing. Someone blindsides you out of the blue and sideswipes your vehicle causing damage to it while you were obeying the rules of the road, and what you are saying is "oh well, the cost of repair is not that bad, even though I was not at fault I'll cover it".

Are you actually serious that this is your thought process regarding liability and taking ownership of ones mistakes. This is a sad generation who's future is even sadder if this is the zeitgeist of social thinking. :(

And another thing I forgot to mention, besides the cost of augmenting, what about the cost we will have to absorb to rip out armorings, mods, enhancements and augments? :mad:

Bravo guys, bravo, just when you think there might be some thoughtful minds behind the scenes you realize it's just more typical human mediocrity, and I'm a bad man for pointing the emperor's naked behind. :rolleyes:

Well, if you can afford a Phantom set, which cost easily cost 700k before the accident, but can't afford replacing the mods.. I just don't know whether to take your complaint even remotely serious. Pulling out the mods is really small change compared to the initial cost. Not to mention, that you now have SEVERAL weeks to prepare for it. Compared to only a few days when that pack was first released.

Yes, ideally, this thing should never have happened, but the solution is a pretty good deal for the players I think.

It's not about the cost, it is about the principal of the thing. Someone blindsides you out of the blue and sideswipes your vehicle causing damage to it while you were obeying the rules of the road, and what you are saying is "oh well, the cost of repair is not that bad, even though I was not at fault I'll cover it".

Are you actually serious that this is your thought process regarding liability and taking ownership of ones mistakes. This is a sad generation who's future is even sadder if this is the zeitgeist of social thinking. :(

Using your analogy. You install after-market modifications on your vehicle, maybe a sub or something. Someone totals your car. Then replaces your car with a newer model. Then gives you the old model of your car back, too. Except, without the after market modifications. Sure, you're out the cost of your sub, but now you've got two cars.

Well, if you can afford a Phantom set, which cost easily cost 700k before the accident, but can't afford replacing the mods.. I just don't know whether to take your complaint even remotely serious. Pulling out the mods is really small change compared to the initial cost. Not to mention, that you now have SEVERAL weeks to prepare for it. Compared to only a few days when that pack was first released.

Yes, ideally, this thing should never have happened, but the solution is a pretty good deal for the players I think.

"Pretty good deal"? I'm sorry, I am not trying to pick on you, but as I mentioned earlier it is a matter of principal and the developers taking full ownership and providing excellent customer service and appreciation of those customers.

If you go to restaurant and order a steak and the waiter accidentally drops it, do you feel it is appropriate for that restaurant to make you pay for the dropped steak as well as the new one they will bring you, after all the cost is low and you have untill the end of the meal to prepare yourself to pay for a dropped steak right? :D

Edited by Tetsuos-despair

Using your analogy. You install after-market modifications on your vehicle, maybe a sub or something. Someone totals your car. Then replaces your car with a newer model. Then gives you the old model of your car back, too. Except, without the after market modifications. Sure, you're out the cost of your sub, but now you've got two cars.

Sorry friend this argument is not really an argument and is categorically illogical.

Keep in mind that one of these cars is a lemon you never wanted in the first place, this is not a clear way to reason, and defending a position that is wrong does not do you any favors, people need to hold the developers accountable for their mistakes, no more, NO LESS.

I'm pretty sure there are some people that even if they got the old set, fully modded and augmented, and a cookie they'd be like "Gee thanks guys, I already spent that money and I can't get it back, and I'm diabetic and on a diet, take your cookie and stuff it!" :rolleyes:

Good grief, remodding is nothing. I pull mods in and out all the time just playing with stats and changing appearances.

This is a perfectly good solution.

"Pretty good deal"? I'm sorry, I am not trying to pick on you, but as I mentioned earlier it is a matter of principal and the developers taking full ownership and providing excellent customer service and appreciation of those customers.

If you go to restaurant and order a steak and the waiter accidentally drops it, do you feel it is appropriate for that restaurant to make you pay for the dropped steak as well as the new one they will bring you, after all the cost is low and you have untill the end of the meal to prepare yourself to pay for a dropped steak right? :D

"MR. ORANGE: He's convinced me. Give me my dollar back."

Kudos to you guys! This was along the lines of what I've been suggesting all along. I'm grateful Bioware has more imagination than those players who kept arguing mindlessly as if it had to be one way or the other, never thinking for a moment that they can simply make TWO versions of the outfits to satisfy both parties as I've been saying.

Edited by LetoAtreidesII

But what about Revan's Set? Its grey and not black since 1.6.1 the robes no longer match the face mask cover with Revan's Mask and is ghastly to see being an OCD Player like myself.

Revan's Chestpeice and the Investigator's Robe both still have 2 hoods on them instead of 1.

Edited by Magnusheart

I already mentioned my dissatisfaction with the solution, to the developers by posting it here, I don't presume to work for the developers nor do I presume to tell them how, I simply pointed out some glaring facts and spoke concerning liability and ownership of a problem and how this solution is not complete and all encompassing.

Who you are or why you feel I'm debating you or even attempting to engage in conversation with you other than to address that you and a few others continue trying to tell some of us what we should do and how we should think is beyond me?

Please comment on the issue but leave the attempts at controlling people behind.

I'll give some polite discussion on the topic one more try here. Cause, heck, why not.

Now, clearly you think that the solution they've offerred isn't sufficient, but you won't say what actually would be a good soution. So I'm guessing they should just keep trying stuff until you find one you like?

I don't think the solution they offerred is perfect. It would be really nice if they were to reimburse those costs. However, given the openness of communication on the topic and the attempt at a resoltuion, I'm willing to call this one done. (That would be commenting on the issue.)