Need help on DPS difference; Vanguard vs Gunslinger, please.

Davfor

I have both a DPS Vanguard (Assault spec) and a Gunslinger (Sharpshooter spec). Right now my Vanguard out gear my Gunslinger with a few more augments and rakata gear. And yet, on the Character pane, under Ranged, my Gunslinger does more damage (Damage (Pri):) and more Bonus Damage then my better geared Vanguard. Both are at about 35% crit and 75% surge. The Vanguard has 1725 Aim compared to my Gunslinger with only 1435 Cunning. So am I not factoring in something? Maybe in the combat style?

And just to be clear, this is not any complaint or QQ of the sort. Just trying to understand the Character pane numbers and if one does "more" DPS or is that just numbers and technically my Vanguard DOES do more DPS with the better gear. Maybe some smart person can help this dumb person here. :)

:jawa_cool:

the character pane numbers are not really valid to compare between specs and definitely not for class comparisons.

Actual skills and the rotation used makes a huge difference. Skills each have their own damage modifiers, and are inherently different between the 2 classes. The cooldown lengths and their effect on the DPS of the two is also going to be different.