Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of responses to the new expac questions.

Lots of responsees about the cartel market.

Lots of responses on bugged CM items.

Nada on us.

Quick question: How am I supposed to enjoy the new expac on a ghost town of a server??

Heroic 2 & 4 missions? Well i better improve my solo skills and comp gear.

New Fp's? Better hope guildies play the same time as me.

New Op's? same as above.

New WZ's? Same as above.

Lots of responses to the new expac questions.

Lots of responsees about the cartel market.

Lots of responses on bugged CM items.

Nada on us.

Quick question: How am I supposed to enjoy the new expac on a ghost town of a server??

Heroic 2 & 4 missions? Well i better improve my solo skills and comp gear.

New Fp's? Better hope guildies play the same time as me.

New Op's? same as above.

New WZ's? Same as above.

or you could just re-roll on the US servers while waiting for the transfers to happen. i'm pretty sure BW is leaning towards closing down the AP servers. they might be seeing it already that the cost of maintaining the servers in AP is not being met by the amount of subs/income the region brings in.

or you could just re-roll on the US servers while waiting for the transfers to happen. i'm pretty sure BW is leaning towards closing down the AP servers. they might be seeing it already that the cost of maintaining the servers in AP is not being met by the amount of subs/income the region brings in.

Even if they do close down the APAC servers, they will at least transfer all of our characters off them, they would not flat out delete them. I would rather this than re-rolling.

Also, please don't post in this thread telling people to re-roll. The people that are willing to do so, already have, the people still posting in this thread are the ones that want a proper solution. You are really not helping.

EDIT: Although I am grateful for the thread bump ;)

Edited by Chaori

Even if they do close down the APAC servers, they will at least transfer all of our characters off them, they would not flat out delete them. I would rather this than re-rolling.

Also, please don't post in this thread telling people to re-roll. The people that are willing to do so, already have, the people still posting in this thread are the ones that want a proper solution. You are really not helping.

EDIT: Although I am grateful for the thread bump ;)

yeah, i wasn't clear about it. i think what will happen is BW will eventually close out the AP servers, while providing a way for everyone to transfer their characters from AP to US. i think that is already a given. they can't do something less than that. i was just suggesting that you folks try to enjoy the game again by rolling some "alts" on the US as you wait for the transfers.

yeah, i wasn't clear about it. i think what will happen is BW will eventually close out the AP servers, while providing a way for everyone to transfer their characters from AP to US. i think that is already a given. they can't do something less than that. i was just suggesting that you folks try to enjoy the game again by rolling some "alts" on the US as you wait for the transfers.

Right.... cause re-rolling alts with zero legacy perks from scratch couldn't possibly bore us even more to tears?

I logged into my sniper on the bastion last night, within 2 mins of loading into taris, I logged out again.Keep in mind my sniper is the 4th toon i've had on imperial taris and it really doesnt change alot from republic taris (which ive done 4+ times).

I'd much rather watch episodes of Jerry Springer on the net between WZ and FP pops than go through that again.

Right.... cause re-rolling alts with zero legacy perks from scratch couldn't possibly bore us even more to tears?

I logged into my sniper on the bastion last night, within 2 mins of loading into taris, I logged out again.Keep in mind my sniper is the 4th toon i've had on imperial taris and it really doesnt change alot from republic taris (which ive done 4+ times).

I'd much rather watch episodes of Jerry Springer on the net between WZ and FP pops than go through that again.

then go ahead and watch jerry springer eps while you wait. anything that works for you. i was just suggesting an option while you folks wait for BW to do something, while at the same time enjoying the game. i just thought maybe doing quests, heroics, warzones and flashpoints with players is more fun than sitting in fleet with your decked toon doing nothing.

or if camping the forums hoping for some immediate response from BW also gives you entertainment, i guess this works too.

Hi Guys!!!

Great to see this thread is still going strong!!! Keep replying and soon we will make page 1 of all time most replied to threads!!! Currently towards the top of page 2.

OK

So pathetic of them not to address this issue... let me guess... "We are waiting to see the impact of the upcoming expansion on the APAC servers until we make a decision"

lol it wouldnt suprise me!!!!

Another thing I am thinking is they will apply a cost benefit analysis and shut down the APAC servers for good. They will basically write us off. But thats just my thinking and I think its justified because clearly at this stage they are doing nothing to help us.

Merry Xmas BW/EA... you wont be getting a Christmas Card from me!

Hey I know we are all waiting on a response about APAC servers, wondering whether to resubscribe, re-roll on other servers, take a break, wait for Makeb etc though in the meantime, Bioware/EA is clearily bending over backwards to maximise our gaming enjoyment while we wait hours upon hours every day for pops, so how about we all show some appreciation, I mean...

Twenty five fireworks. Twenty. Five. Fireworks.

...and if that is not enough you can always pay real money to spend Cartel Coins for more, what's not to like? :rolleyes:

Ok Chippy put together a consolidated post hoping to help the devs. But obviously it didn't quite work.

So I guess maybe we should keep trying to help the devs out by de-consolidating the concern posts.

Well there are already dozens of posts regarding an unreleased expansion after a couple of days since announced. So I don't think it is unresonable to see different angles/directions of discussion span more threads on APAC server concerns.

Ok Chippy put together a consolidated post hoping to help the devs. But obviously it didn't quite work.

So I guess maybe we should keep trying to help the devs out by de-consolidating the concern posts.

Well there are already dozens of posts regarding an unreleased expansion after a couple of days since announced. So I don't think it is unresonable to see different angles/directions of discussion span more threads on APAC server concerns.

Have already done so, the threads get ignored :p

I feel for you guys. Bioware NEVER cares about MINORITIES so I wouldn't keep my hopes up. They completely ignore very serious issues if they affect only a small number of people. You know, you're second grade customers for them.

Not to mention the lies they feed us all the time. After poking around for long enough you get an answer hoping that you will just p*** off. If you will keep poking them more, they will just simply ignore you (hi Joveth, thanks for not answering my tweets).

Our current plan is to wait for Free-to-Play to launch and see what the influx of new players does to the populations of these servers. We will give it a little time and if we do not see significant improvement, then we will move ahead with the solution that offers the best playing experience for the Oceanic community.

we will move ahead with the solution

The biggest lie to the APAC since launch. Still waiting!

Edited by Chaori