Taking Back Talaos, Stage 2

Talyndor

Can anyone explain how to use the macrobinoculars? I use them, I see a blue ship float down, then I focus on the guns in the distance, and I get a yellow-orange reticule, but nothing happens.

Clearly there is something simple I cam doing wrong, but I cannot figure out what it is.

Thanks!

Left click to zoom in and hold down to start scanning the object.

A pop up will appear top right to show you when it has completed.

Right mouse click will bring you out of zoom and allow you to scan around again.

They can also be used to locate areas that can be scanned with seeker droids - there are markers that float in the sky above such locations.

Edited by SleepyJoeFriday

Can anyone explain how to use the macrobinoculars? I use them, I see a blue ship float down, then I focus on the guns in the distance, and I get a yellow-orange reticule, but nothing happens.

Clearly there is something simple I cam doing wrong, but I cannot figure out what it is.

Thanks!

make sure you are using the macrobinoculars from the quest itself. NOT the gsi pair :)

Ah...the regular once.

There's actually a special "range finder" that does the same thing as the macrobinoculars, but are only for that specific mission. Even trickier, I didn't get the item clicky thing in the mission shortcut to use them when I did it. It is possible that I simply had too many missions at the time though. So, go into your inventory, select the "mission items" tab, and you should find the item you need to use in order to complete that mission.