Cathar Fur Color 1 Changed?

mbulmer

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did you guys change the color from orange to white on fur color 1 for cathar? I have multiple cathar characters using fur color 1 for the orange color and now their all white fur colored, why did you guys do this?

Hi,

so, I bought cathar unlock a while ago (found a really good price on GTN, so I thought, why the heck not), and I messed around the creator yesterday, trying to create some handsome looking cat smuggler.

But, today, to my shock, I discovered that the Fur Colo option 1 (imo the best, orange-brown) was replaced with some weird white fur.

Was this an intended change (if so, why no notice in Patch Notes?) or is it a bug as I suspect?

Pictures to show what I am talking about (same sliders)

Yesterday - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/526/uzdo.jpg/

Today - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/22/s8gp.jpg/

I'm pissed.

I log in and find my Cathar toon a pale white instead of the full colored orange/yellow tiger look that I PAID to get in the first place. The only way to change it back is to spend MORE Cartel Coins in the appearance designer and mess with the Complexion options. And it still doesn't look right.

BioWare, you lost my sub once with this Cartel Coin nickel and dime ********. You're about to lose it again. This is unacceptable.

I made a thread with images about this as well

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6470076#post6470076

Seeing as this got moved to bug reports from Customer Service, it looks to be a bug. Oh well, my Cathar smuggler will have to wait I guess...

Aha, thank you, especially for the screenshots! As I am not at all happy with the new color, I've already changed to a different one. Obviously I don't expect a refund, but it would be nice to have the change reverted.

Edited by mbulmer

Yeah, this is ridiculous.

We PAID to get Cathar toons, and then they screw it up and the only way to revert it back is to PAY AGAIN in the Appearance Designer and adjust the Complexion slider...and it still doesn't look right.

/sign

ok good so i won't have to change all 8 characters that I have this on :p.

I already paid to change one because it's my main and can't stand the new color. Not expecting a refund but I would like FC1 restored to its original color.

• Dev Post

First of all, I merged the three threads about this issue into one (two from the Bug Report forum and one here) for easier tracking.

This is absolutely a bug, and we have it prioritized to be fixed with Game Update 2.2.2. We're also going to add it to the Known Issues today.

Thanks for your reports and for your patience while we get the fur color changed back to orange.

Its interesting how some people react to a bug like this.

Some react the way one would think they should. By reporting it in a calm, collected manner and some even including visuals to show the bug.

Others take it as some sort of personal insult to their mothers and throw a hissy fit.

And some freak out completely and actually spend money on changing their characters skin with the appearance kiosk, which most likely means they will have to change it again once the bug is fixed (since it seems to be two skintones that have been accidentally switched)

Its interesting how some people react to a bug like this.

You know what, it's also interesting that this is even a problem in the first place. I've been patient with a lot of issues in this game, but when it comes to the Cartel Shop debacle, my patience has worn pretty thin. A new race never should've been a pay to unlock feature in the first place, much less changing any appearance option. Other games have barbershop type mechanics in place for that stuff where you spend IN GAME money for such changes, not REAL money.

So yeah, I'll be upset if I wanna be. They have milked this cash cow for long enough.

You know what, it's also interesting that this is even a problem in the first place. I've been patient with a lot of issues in this game, but when it comes to the Cartel Shop debacle, my patience has worn pretty thin. A new race never should've been a pay to unlock feature in the first place, much less changing any appearance option. Other games have barbershop type mechanics in place for that stuff where you spend IN GAME money for such changes, not REAL money.

So yeah, I'll be upset if I wanna be. They have milked this cash cow for long enough.

Wait, so you're not really upset about the bug, you are actually upset that the cathar was a cartel shop unlock and that the barber shop cost cartel coins?

Then why whine here? Why not whine in one of the threads about that instead?

This is a joy. So if someone saw this bug and used the cash-appearance-custmisation-kiosk to change the color to the one he wanted he will need to do this again once the bug is fixed? :D

Trololo...

Edited by jankiel