Camera Sensitivity is Out of Control

Wapner

I'm having the same issue. Also when I stay right clicked for any period of time my cursor will blink in and out and the camera will stop rotating. This is driving me nuts and as of right now the game is simply unplayable for me :/

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am agreeing with it not just being a sensitivity issue, but a response issue. If it was that problem, just reducing sensitivity would fix it. However, that's not the only problem.

There is a noticeable delay when looking around. I'm also a pretty big FPS player, so it was completely obvious the moment I started using the camera controls.

The sensitivity is still an issue. You shouldn't have to reduce to a setting not even possible within the game to make it reasonable.

[EDIT]

Just wanted to make a note, that using the menus and normal mouse controls are perfectly responsive. I have no problem with those. It is clearly a camera issue.

I am experiencing exactly this. omgJohn, on top of this have you noticed that it is better or worse depending on where you are in game? In open areas the controls seem good when steering with the mouse, but in close hallways, or caves my controls are awful when steering with the mouse. I wonder if its just me, or if others are experiencing the close quarters issues.

I haven't been paying attention that that specifically, but it would make sense. I'll look into it once I get back home.

And yes, they become more responsive when graphics quality is reduced.

However, I don't feel I should be forced to do that. The game runs fine on high settings (not great, but fine) and I shouldn't have to deal with worse visual fidelity just because mouse controls are poor otherwise.

I'm so glad I found this thread.

Mouse acceleration is SWTOR is driving me insane. You can reproduce it by moving your mouse with a "flick" movement. You end up spinning 3 times instead of looking behind you.

I also have a dead spot when I move the mouse very slowly. If I move the mouse slow enough, the camera doesn't move AT ALL. Anyone else getting this?

I've disable mouse acceleration at the registry level in Win7 and yet SWTOR still forces it on.

Bioware please - raw mouse input option!

Queue was long, but I got in, and I'm able to confirm that close quarters causes the issue with the mouse lag. The moment I walked from the imperial fleet hallway to the large open area hanger the issue went away. I walk back the hallway and it returns. I even had someone watch me move my mouse and look at my screen to make sure that I wasn't imagining the issue. I've been able to reproduce the issue every time.

Edit: The lag doesn't seem to be isolated to the mouse, menu options are sluggish, and there is also a delay with teh WASD controls. If one is happening they are all happening, if one is fixed they are all fixed.

Edited by Terkerknight

This is beyond a joke, didn't they beta test this game, EA are *********** useless when it comes to implementing proper mouse input. Actually got around to playing after sorting out some settings but words fail me how **** the mouse response, it's not really acceleration because it doesn't seem to accelerate in a linear fashion, words fail me cause it's that *********** bad...

I am also having this issue, using a G700 here. The problem is not camera speed per se, it's that the camera moves inconsistently. I will go to make a turn around a corner and end up spinning around twice and facing in a random direction, frequently looking straight up or down. It's like they have mouse acceleration on, but the curve on the acceleration is more like a vertical cliff, once you move it just a little too fast it accelerates to the point where you lose control of where you are looking/running.

I am having the same issue. I right click and try to rotate the camera and there is a delay. Sometimes it happens while I am moving and causes the camera to whip around. I'll be holding the button down while running and it's like my mouse forgets i'm still holding down right click and then it picks up again and sends the camera all crazy. I have a bad *** system and it's brand new.

Also I figured out something weird. Middle mouse button, if not bound to an action, functions the same way as right clicking....EXCEPT you never have the mouse lag problem. Pretty interesting. Now if I can only figure out how to get used to running while holding down middle mouse.

Ok so i tested something kind of weird. In windows I made the middle mouse button (using logitech software) my new "right click" button. I also made it so my right click on my mouse is actually my middle mouse button. In game middle mouse (on my mouse) still moved me around with no problems and no mouse lag/camera lag. Right click had camera lag and movement touble..my WSAD keys would stop working sometimes and my toon wouldnt move until I repressed the key or changed directions. This last parts hard to explain..my cursor usually disapears and reappears for a second then disappears again when I am having the mouse lag/camera issue, this time it didn't but my camera still went crazy.

Seems like the signal for right click is repeating or something like im pressing and releasing right click really fast when I am actually just holding the button down.

I also programmed my middle mouse button and right click button to both be "right click" and guess what? Middle mouse, no issue with camera movement/mouse lag. Right click...ISSUES. I think we are going to have to wait for a fix from the devs.

Same problem here. Most of the time camera sens playable, but sometimes on rightclicking and moving mouse 1mm away, it spins my camera >180 angle. Other times i have to look on minimap to check what side im facing, becouse after insane spinning i feel completly disorient.

Does bioware know about this issue?

We don't know. They haven't graced this thread with a response, so they could know about it, or not. I did send in an in-game bug report about it. Maybe if more people did that, it would get through their brickwall known as QA.

Edited by Frigidman