About voidstar....

Ouza

Who's bright idea was it to make a warzone thats all about zerging 2 spots in close proximity? I cringe whenever i get this warzone, because its a mess! There are a number of problems. The spawns are too close to the objectives, theres so much aoe going around, it takes forever to get past one point. Yes yes usually one side eventually breaks through, but its just not fun to me.

This is all my opinion, but with the increased health pools, the endless cc, and things i listed, i just do not enjoy this warzone. These are my concerns and i hope it gets mixed up.

Oh and i loathe the bolster system.

If it's not fun for you then maybe you should quit playing. I think all 3 warzones are brilliant. They're inventive, fast paced, and believe it or they demand thought and strategy.

If you want to talk about horrible warzones let's discuss Rift's pitiful excuse for battlegrounds.

edit: Bolster is also brilliant. It lets everyone play against everyone. I always hated the idea of level brackets in battlegrounds.

Edited by sumfizz

If it's not fun for you then maybe you should quit playing. I think all 3 warzones are brilliant. They're inventive, fast paced, and believe it or they demand thought and strategy.

If you want to talk about horrible warzones let's discuss Rift's pitiful excuse for battlegrounds.

This was my opinion, and you are entitled to yours. I think you are wrong and are just jazzed to be playing swtor.

Who's bright idea was it to make a warzone thats all about zerging 2 spots in close proximity? I cringe whenever i get this warzone, because its a mess! There are a number of problems. The spawns are too close to the objectives, theres so much aoe going around, it takes forever to get past one point. Yes yes usually one side eventually breaks through, but its just not fun to me.

This is all my opinion, but with the increased health pools, the endless cc, and things i listed, i just do not enjoy this warzone. These are my concerns and i hope it gets mixed up.

Oh and i loathe the bolster system.

Where I agree with you that I hate the Voidstar warzone I disagree about the bolster system. as you stated, everyone is entitled to their opinion though.

edit: Bolster is also brilliant. It lets everyone play against everyone. I always hated the idea of level brackets in battlegrounds.

It makes low level pvp redundant, and takes away part of the challenge for top level pvp. A level 30 will beat a level 20 simply for the extra abilities they earn. Yeah warzones arent about 1v1. That is not the point. Level brackets keep things fair, bolster system does not.

But zerging is a fundamental of pvp. Everyone ends up in the middle, so whats the problem with having a few chokepoints.

This is where the increased health compared to other games comes in. I do in a way like the slower pace of pvp, but i do not enjoy it when it means that zerg lasts forever and noone can push either side. The fight is still happening by the time we respawn (with the spawns so close to the action.) I saw someone earlier say they "felt like they were playing quake and not mmopvp"

This is where the increased health compared to other games comes in. I do in a way like the slower pace of pvp, but i do not enjoy it when it means that zerg lasts forever and noone can push either side. The fight is still happening by the time we respawn (with the spawns so close to the action.) I saw someone earlier say they "felt like they were playing quake and not mmopvp"

Ok, though I see what your saying; and I can conceit you a point on some level, I reallllly am digging the longer battles and the hard pushes. Makes things more focused, more intense, dramatic and suspenseful. The spawn points make the pace faster by not leggin it so far. I hear ya dude, but in the end, its taste.

This was my opinion, and you are entitled to yours. I think you are wrong and are just jazzed to be playing swtor.

as you stated, this was your opinion. so here is mine :

1 - Even if you seems to understand the term "opinion" you do not seems to understand the term "respect" because both of those terms are pretty tied togheter.

2 - I personally love voidstar. Yes sometimes i would beg to have that 1 extra little second i need to cap the bomb, but this is part of the challenge and of the strategy. Usually, most of the peoples go on one side and a little group of 2 or 3 more skilled players go on the other side to keep most of them occuped or try to cap fast by killing one or 2 of them trying to guard. This strategy works most of the time.

I've seen a lot of voidstar warzones finish with a 2 or 3 seconds difference between attackers and defenders (particularily one where the attacker ennemy team was just beside the final computer and they couldn't cap because missing one second, and in the same warzone, when we were attackers, we capped the computer with 2 seconds remaining. pretty close fight. was one of the most action packed and thrilling warzone i've ever played).

3 - Concerning other warzones. For pplz that are used to warzones/warfronts/BGs/etc... They usually have the same mechanic. I think that bioware did a good job trying to create warzones that feels a lot more different than in other games.

- I love the football equivalent in huttball,

- i love voidstar and huttball that are probably one of the most strategic intensive warzone of any games,

- and i love the way we have to play with the terrain (environment) to be able to succeed in huttball and Alderaan.

4 - I admit one big problem though :

Even if the bolster system is good in itself because we can't be one shotted like in some other games (like warhammer online), there should be 3 brakets in pvp. one for the lowbies (like level 10 to 20); one for the mid game players (like level 20-49); and one for the level 50s.

I know there are not of level 50s at the moment and the ones that are actually 50 will have to wait longer for queues, but they are totally ruining some warzones plays. I happened to pop in a warzone where it was totally a mess with 45-50s on one side and level 10-20 on the other. The lowbies just didn't stand a chance.

The lowbie braket would also be usefull for them to learn how to play in a warzone. How many times i pop in a warzone where half of the team just don't know what to do with the ball (in huttball) and just stand in the middle or try to go cap on our side and actually help the other team.

plus, as level 50s get better and better high end pvp gear, it will eventually be impossible to fight against some of them.

as you stated, this was your opinion. so here is mine :

1 - Even if you seems to understand the term "opinion" you do not seems to understand the term "respect" because both of those terms are pretty tied togheter.

I quit reading here because i knew where this was going. Don't take it personal, and chill. I love huttball and alderaan. Not voidstar.

I personally love Voidstar. It's an assault type map with no vehicles, which pretty much makes it amazing. The only thing that I dislike about it is the respawn barrier. I would honestly feel better if we had to take speeders back when we die, kind of like Alderaan. I know it's the same thing, but auto-running against a transparent wall for 30 seconds is just . . . bad.