Clone Wars Episode 16 Review

Bird_of_Thunder

Would explain why Sidious keeps Maul alive and says he has other uses for him, get Maul to kill Ahsoka, get Anakin to kill Maul, have one emotionally messed up jedi to influence

Furthermore, it will make Anakin feel like he failed again, making his urge to save Padme even more understandable.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would explain why Sidious keeps Maul alive and says he has other uses for him, get Maul to kill Ahsoka, get Anakin to kill Maul, have one emotionally messed up jedi to influence
Or maybe as a tool to kill Ventress. Sidious knows Ventress is alive and sees her as a threat to his designs, she needs to die.

at long last, benevolent and pure hearted Chancellor has shown his kindness - no more burden for my eyes, Opress is gone. From now on, there should be much more episodes about our beloved leader cleaning lightsided mess.

oh, and now, there will be even more marauders roaming servers ( and dual sabers were a great choice for a Palpatine )

You knew palpatine wasnt really trying the moment he took out the 2nd saber.

dual sabers are as good as one ( and as someone who is initiated to swordsmanship I would even say that dual is stronger ), in SW universe everything depends on user and his force power level. but most definately dual sabers fit Sidious much better than any, thanks to acrobatic-sinister movies he uses

Great Episode. Lots of Sith and lots of mandalorians what is there not to love here.

I liked Savage and I almost felt bad for Maul/Savage duo losing all the work they put into their scheme. Now Maul is back to being a puppet to Sidious and things are as they should be.

Someone mentioned Maul being used to kill Ahsoka, that would he a great idea. I cant see Obi-wan killing Maul because it would be too much a revenge killing and that would not work for the lightsided Obi-wan, now Anakin...well that is a possibility.

I am going to assume Bo'katan will be the new Mandalorian Leader. So will will have a republic aligned mandalore that still has the warrior attitude, a more middle ground.

dual sabers are as good as one ( and as someone who is initiated to swordsmanship I would even say that dual is stronger ), in SW universe everything depends on user and his force power level. but most definately dual sabers fit Sidious much better than any, thanks to acrobatic-sinister movies he uses

Yeah but dual-sabers arent his strong point, yes he did master all 7 saber forms and the dark side itself but its not his main choice of a weapon, that goes to his lightning and 1 saber.

Yeah but dual-sabers arent his strong point, yes he did master all 7 saber forms and the dark side itself but its not his main choice of a weapon, that goes to his lightning and 1 saber.

that was pre clone wars episode 16, possibly updated canon lore will make him a dual fighter. I much more prefer his this way. This was probably the best fight in whole SW series; considering duels on screen

Edited by Surinen

that was pre clone wars episode 16, possibly updated canon lore will make him a dual fighter. I much more prefer his this way. This was probably the best fight in whole SW series; considering duels on screen

Actually, believe it or not, Palpatine always had two lightsabers.

Actually, believe it or not, Palpatine always had two lightsabers.

yes, he had trophies so with his own saber he had 3 lightsabers ( If I remember correctly ), but whenether he used 2 or 1 is rather uncovered. but from now on I want to see him dual wield them I would not even mind flashbacks from his past 4 episode long, full of battles

yes, he had trophies so with his own saber he had 3 lightsabers ( If I remember correctly ), but whenether he used 2 or 1 is rather uncovered. but from now on I want to see him dual wield them I would not even mind flashbacks from his past 4 episode long, full of battles
This is the only known battle in which Sidious wielded two lightsabers. He favoured one in every other instance. I suspect he used two at this point to counter the combination of Maul's blade and Savage's doubleblade which would have likely overwhelmed him if he only wielded one.

This is the only known battle in which Sidious wielded two lightsabers. He favoured one in every other instance. I suspect he used two at this point to counter the combination of Maul's blade and Savage's doubleblade which would have likely overwhelmed him if he only wielded one.

one would be sufficient to beat them two, 2 handed grip operated in a different manner so no problemo. Then from now on he should favour 2 lightsabers and reshape those silly, pathetic eu books.

Same here.

I'm just saying that Palpatine always had more than one. In Revenge of the Sith, one lightsaber got knocked out of his hand during his fight with Mace Windu. When he later fought Yoda, he pulled out another one. So, even before this episode, it was established that Palpatine at least kept two.

Edited by Aitix

Same here.

I'm just saying that Palpatine always had more than one. In Revenge of the Sith, one lightsaber got knocked out of his hand during his fight with Mace Windu. When he later fought Yoda, he pulled out another one. So, even before this episode, it was established that Palpatine at least kept two.

I know that, i'm just saying dual lightsabers werent his strong point as he always in every saber duel with a legitimate adversary (Mace Windu, Yoda) he preferred one, and his lightning. Fun Fact: In the ROTS game, the alternate ending is when Anakin kills Obi-Wan then meets up with Sidious who gives him one of his lightsabers which Anakin then uses to kill Sidious right after. So, techically if anakin had won vs obiwan he wouldve brought balance to the force faster.

I know that, i'm just saying dual lightsabers werent his strong point as he always in every saber duel with a legitimate adversary (Mace Windu, Yoda) he preferred one, and his lightning.

He was clearly having fun with Maul and Savage. He wasn't being serious, so he obviously experimented a bit.

Edited by Aitix

He was clearly having fun with Maul and Savage. He wasn't being serious, so he obviously experimented a bit.

fun does not only come from experiments - he was simply enjoying their pathetic and futile attempts - that can be viewed as experiment but not necessarily intended and thought as such. he was simply and only playing with them and Siths know their fun

I know that, i'm just saying dual lightsabers werent his strong point as he always in every saber duel with a legitimate adversary (Mace Windu, Yoda) he preferred one, and his lightning. Fun Fact: In the ROTS game, the alternate ending is when Anakin kills Obi-Wan then meets up with Sidious who gives him one of his lightsabers which Anakin then uses to kill Sidious right after. So, techically if anakin had won vs obiwan he wouldve brought balance to the force faster.

Killing Sidious isn't what brought balance to the force, killing Sidious and turning Vader good brought balance to the force. It's not balanced if he's still a Sith.

Edited by orangefishboy

Having Maul beg for his life seemed out of character. I would expect him to say "mercy is for the weak" instead of "HAVE MERCY!".

I think this was done intentionally..

1. Maul was trained under Sidious since he was a child. He probably got serious beatings like this before under Sidious. I think his mind regressed back to those days. He remembered how bad those beatings were and resorted to acting the way he did back then as a Day 1 Apprentice.

2. Maul isn't the first Sith to cry out for Mercy. In the Darth Bane novels, Bane talks about "those that cry out for Mercy, do not deserve it". Nevertheless, it's still worth a shot, when everything around you is taken away from you. Maul lost everything.

3. It was a cowardly deception. Sidious used it too against Mace Windu. If your going to lose, then humiliate yourself to make yourself look even weaker. Maybe the person about to kill you will have sympathy or find you so pathetic that they will let you live. Either way, YOUR ALIVE !! and every Sith would much rather be alive, then dead. Who cares about things like pride and honor. Start over, gain power, and try again.