Legacy or Just Character Level 10?

Beemerchick

I had been saving my credits to unlock a few races for my legacy prior to F2P. Now the Cartel Shop, I can just spend CC to do it. However, the races say "Legacy and Character Level 10." Does this mean (1) I have to have a legacy level of 10 to unlock the races through the shop, or (2) I have to have a legacy and have a character that is level 10?

The second I have. The first will take a while, and I'm likely to save up enough credits to buy the unlock through the legacy shop by the time I hit Legacy 10.

Now a legacy. Do you have to level it?:csw_yoda:

Yes, but not in the way you'd level your character. It just passively gains XP when you normally would, even at level 50. Having certain legacy levels is crucial to use and/or gain access to some of the unlocks, like the various species unlocks.

You don't have to 'grind' legacy levels and it would be quite silly to do so at any rate since legacy xp accumulates on all of your characters on that particular legacy.

I had been saving my credits to unlock a few races for my legacy prior to F2P. Now the Cartel Shop, I can just spend CC to do it. However, the races say "Legacy and Character Level 10." Does this mean (1) I have to have a legacy level of 10 to unlock the races through the shop, or (2) I have to have a legacy and have a character that is level 10?

The second I have. The first will take a while, and I'm likely to save up enough credits to buy the unlock through the legacy shop by the time I hit Legacy 10.

It's awkwardly worded but it just means a character that is level 10 and has opened up Legacy.

That does seem pretty goofy. To even begin getting legacy XP, one character must complete chapter 1 of their class quests. I'm not sure there is a way to complete chapter 1 before level 10 (if you can do it, you have my respect). Chapter one is generally completed in the low 30's.

So if you have legacy level 10, unless you delete characters constantly, you should have a character at level 10.

That does seem pretty goofy. To even begin getting legacy XP, one character must complete chapter 1 of their class quests. I'm not sure there is a way to complete chapter 1 before level 10 (if you can do it, you have my respect). Chapter one is generally completed in the low 30's.

So if you have legacy level 10, unless you delete characters constantly, you should have a character at level 10.

Since 1.5, Legacy is unlocked at level 10 instead of at the completion of Chapter One.