Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This moment will be quoted in future games to come as what not to do. I'm glad I was here to be a part of history.

I agree,..

now let me share an old meme I made which may be relevant,..

MMO warning,..

I AM enjoying the game still, haven't even seen Ilum yet,..

That said,...this could very well be another NGE fiasco that will cause more damage than deserved.

:rolleyes:

Turrets DON'T give valor. I don't know if they DID, but they don't anymore.

I just tried it with a group. We killed them WITH control of ilum and WITHOUT. Both failed.

WE DID however get 400+ legacy points. That is all.

It's too late.

They gave it.

On a side note, I have little sympathy for the Hardcore PvPers (lulz) that farmed lowbies for weeks at 50 in Carebear WZs. Your ilk fail as equally as BW, and I'm sure an Imp majority of them are farming the turrets as we speak. You farmed your Valor. Now they are farming theirs.

Definitely I farmed valor against lowbies considering I started pvping during early release at lvl 15 and pvped until i got 50. I've been stalwart in my support of brackets. If you think mmo pvp is hardcore, you are foolish. I've been playing Dota for 10 years, nowhere in my post did i say "I'm a hardcore swtor pvper." You are more than a little derpy if you think spawn camping = playing warzones. I've been 50 now for awhile and can say that republic consistently gets **** on in warzones due to no brackets - so If you think i farmed lowbies for my valor over the past month - you are foolish. Good day

So..you posted a vid of a gorup of imps killing OTHER PLAYERS and getting valor for killing OTHER PLAYERS

Now post othe one of them killing the TURRET and getting valor from killing the TURRET.

hmm using your ABC block text again? its really not accomplishing anything but making u look illiterate

I try and avoid posting on the forums, but this simply amazes me how quick people are to want stuff now. Fixes take time, roll backs take time, every meaningful change, and redo on this level will take time.

Besides this is hardly the first time an MMO has given out gears for free.

Before i stopped playing that "other game" the LoL barad (Tol barad) win gave out **** tons of honor and it took them a few days up to a week to fix it, meanwhile everyone and their mother was on the bridge, under it, and watching that timer to queue for it so that they could get the massive amounts of honor.

People were upset of course, but a normal person was just fine.

Plus I think the valor gains are being exaggerated a bit, sure you may get that one person that sits there all day aoe spamming with range attacks, melee got shafted with this bug as usual, that gets to valor so go ahead roll back idc. Just make sure i get to keep the gear item i got today for turning in the daily that took me an hour to do.

TL;DR: it will be fixed, probable roll back, if not its not the end of the world, people exaggerate /troll for funsies. fix incoming.

im at work, and am seeing this. if it is this bad and get's hotfixed i will unsub.

i strictly pvp completely, if there is no rollback and people get to take advantage of an exploit YET AGAIN without being penalized that will be the final straw.

if they simply hotfix this and the people farming this retain that valor it's not fair to those who legitimately leveld up the hard grind of 55+ valor ranking.

very dissapointed if there is no rollback and will not resub if there is no rollback.

Rollback valor now or a lot us that legitimately grinded battlemaster will be leaving.

i already cancelled my sub,

i went to work rank 66 valor HIGHEST in server wake up every freakn imp is battle master, a lvl 43 is rank 63 valor, and so so many hit 100

So..you posted a vid of a gorup of imps killing OTHER PLAYERS and getting valor for killing OTHER PLAYERS

Now post othe one of them killing the TURRET and getting valor from killing the TURRET.

Why are you so intent on not believing that you can receive valor from turrets? At this point does it even matter? Republic players still go to ilum, and therefore give valor to the Imperial Farmers. And as far as I've seen, you DO get valor from turrets. see patch notes pls

Playing on Republic side, I will never again go to Ilum. Screw the dailies and weeklies. Let the Imps farm them to their heart's content. If there is no Valor rollback then I will quit PvP and do pure PvE. Sad that PvP has come to this god awful state. 1.1 actually created more problems than it solved, because it did not solve anything. Faction imbalance is more prominent now than it ever was.

At a MINIMUM:

1) remove valor rewards from killing NPCs/turrets

2) Add more NPC guards/turrets to spawn points, enough to kill off 100 players at a time.

3) Roll back all valor gains since the patch went live.

4) Bolster the underdog by a percentage sufficient to offset the numerical disadvantage (based on real-time in-zone stats).

5) Bolster the valor gains by the underdog by a percentage sufficient to encourage the outnumbered faction to show up and make an effort.

4 & 5 can be tuned on a continual basis to even things out until a better, longer term fix can be applied.

I figured out months ago that the end game PvP in TOR wasn't going to be any better than WAR's, so I'm not particularly upset about this screw up.

But what I would like very much is some clear communication from Bioware about whether there is going to be a general rollback so I can know whether there's even a point to log in and do PvE on my characters today.

So a patch created issues in PvP? OMG THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED IN AN MMO BEFORE!!!!!!

Odds are they're scrambling to find a way to fix it, I'll bet the servers are down at some point in the next week with a fix.

Before you go on a sarcastic spree; have you seen the amount of damage this patch has done? :rolleyes: