** BIOWARE Response Needed for Game-breaking Ilum Bug **

Zaodon

Didn't read every post, but i had this happen to me today.

Was in Ilum and got stuck at 77/150 for about 20-30mins. The reason i found this to be was because i hadn't died a single time in about 40-60mins.

Thinking i was bugged or something, i decided to allow my self to be killed.

Once killed and back to my group, i started getting kill credits again.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completed both my weekly and daily today on Ilum. Perhaps this is a L2P issue?

hundreds of people say something is broken after a patch, and this guy comes in with L2P.

You could be helpful and say

"It seem to be working fine on my server, xxxxx "

But no, L2P is a lot more helpful.

Ugh /signed - Kill quite a few reps in mid - no valor no kill reward, same thing happens later that evening with different players. Had to do it the old fashioned way - crates. Must be a bloody nightmare for Republic on my server though, I do feel sorry for them.

-Hidden Beks-

It's obvious that BW as ZERO internal testing being done to avoid these bugs to make it to live. And let's not talk about the public test server that basicly requires you to level from 1 to 50 before you can start testing. Genious really.

Oh...they test. The problem may be who is doing the testing. From this article in the L.A. Times about SWTOR Development: http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2012/01/20/star-wars-the-old-republic-the-story-behind-a-galactic-gamble/#/0

Art has been outsourced to Russia, Estonia and China. Motion capture filming is done in L.A. and Vancouver, Canada, with voices recorded in New York, London and Paris in English, French and German. Quality assurance testing takes place in Romania, Argentina and India, while technical operations are run out of Virginia and the customer service center operates in Ireland. A regular plane shuttles employees between Austin and Electronic Arts’ headquarters in Redwood Shores, Calif.

Is it any wonder that every patch is borked. Honestly.

Edited by DarthOvertone

I'm going to complain, but Bioware will just put the blame on us as usual.

This game has so much potential, but Bioware doesn't give a damn.

I used to complete every PvP daily, until today. I am sick and tired of Error Code 9000 DCING me and kicking me out of warzones(I would love a guide on how to fix this, I have tried EVERYTHING).

I also dislike how warzones STILL don't count towards my daily and how they further broke Ilum(I mean seriously, how the **** do you pull that off)?

I'm not going to unsub yet, but if this game doesn't turn around by that major patch in march, then I suppose I will unsub.(I'll give up on MMO's at that point)

Edited by SithEBM

I just logged into my server and there are zero pubs on in ilum because of this change. They can't get valor from kills and there are 60 imps circling the crates so they aren't getting those either so ilum is a ghost town.

Im not much of a circle around and get crate kinda guy so I'm going to log off because this is a waste of time. Can you guys kindly roll this back to a partially functioning Ilum so we can play?

I mean, its the least you can do.

What they need to do is auto complete the daily for those of us who have been out here trying to do it.

They will say... "We need to schedule a maintenance of 8 hours to fix a bug found with the latest patch. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE"

But I have also something to say MY PATIENCE IS GONE.

Any idea how long they were alive before they died? I would think if you killed one at Central that he was alive at least for a minute.

Honestly, how the hell is he supposed to know how long they have been alive? What is he supposed to do?

"Hello good sir sith, can I trouble you for a moment. I'd just like to know exactly how long since you respawned, before we enter a fight to the death"

Bioware have successfully increased the chances that more people will kill trade. Because you can spend 2 hours killing a sith/rep zerg swarm and you may only get credit for a dozen or so.

So the sith/rep get together and say "Hey, Ilum is broken so lets do this in a way where were certain our kills will count"

Let the kill trading commence.

I don't see what're you people complaining about, they implemented a safeguard for valor exploit... to put it simple:

safeguard = no valor at all.

Works as Intended!

If this in fact is true then the sh* it is really about to hit the fan on the real! Do you know how many people have already obtained Valor rank 80+? To punish those of us who were using the broken Ilum the "intended" (Whatever the hel*l that means) way is just down right wrong.

And the ship plummets just a little bit deeper into the sea. Hopefully it can at least outlast the Titanic a.k.a Warhammer/Faxion by a few secs.....

Edited by PinkSugar

The way the moderators play "Nazi" with these forums in order to keep Bioware with a clean name, I'm truly surprised that this thread along with others hasn't been deleted yet. :eek:

Oh and so that I may also contribute to the topic :D I am not getting Valor either. It was working fine when I logged on this morning around 11am EST. However, very shortly after (about an hour of playing to be exact) the valor and credit towards my daily/weekly was gone. *Poof*

CAN YOU PRORATE OUR SUBSCRIPTION FEE THIS MONTH? :)

No really, can you?:confused:

Edited by PinkSugar

You and many others have been delt with. However making claims and demanding something wont get you anywhere. There is a yellow post saying the issue was being looked into but thats not good enough for most people so they keep posting and posting and making claim after claim. If you work providing customers service then you should know that some people with call multiple times a day with the same issue even after you have told the person what to do to fix the issue or you told them you would look into it.

I understand people dont care and those people also are narrow minded and need to chill.

First of all, I don't have All day to wait for them to fix this problem, I hope that they are acknowledging that it is a problem because I always complete my Dailies, and this will mark the first time that I can't.

I work till 6pm every day, i got a few hours to get my dailies done, now that its impossible to do, what do you want me to do. Forget about the daily , the only daily that provides me with Battlemaster bags that I can't get anywhere else.

Come on, all i want to know is if Bioware needs time to put up a hot fix then atleast give us a free daily completion. I can still get the weekly the next 6 days, but atleast inform the public that everyone will be rewarded their dailies so that we can give them enough time to get a hot fix out.

But currently It seems that only the Imperials will get their dailies done, because they are camping the central node and collecting the armnaments. ( remember even if it takes hours, they are still getting it done, only the republics can't get their dailies done )

Confirming

started up game today

picked up daily weekly's from the mission terminal

headed to Ilum

went to central killed 3 pubs wandering around center

got no valor...no kill credit for daily/weekly

died

killed a few more died again

still no valor, still no credit.

drove around and around central with 20 other imps for 2 hours looking for boxes..

felt like cutting myself.

add that to warzone wins that don't count,

50's who farmed Champ gear killing level 12's in single WZ brackets

and who also were able to farm up battle master by kill trading.

all of which has now been "fixed"....gee thanks.

Greetings folks!

We appreciate your patience while we moderated this thread. Several threads have been moderated, as a gentle reminder to everyone, please remember the following:

• Insults - Please do not resort to or use them in any way in your posts. Posts should be productive, not destructive.
  • Trolling - Please do not post messages that are purposefully designed to provoke, antagonize, or otherwise elicit a negative emotional response.
  • Agree to Disagree - Be respectful of others' viewpoints even if they are opposite of your own. Discuss disagreements constructively.
  • Flag, Don't Fight - Utilize the Flag Post feature to report possible rules violations, rather than responding to or fighting them.
  • Ignoring - If you feel you simply cannot get along with another community member, please place them on your ignore list.

Thank you!

I am insulted by your lack of concern towards a broken game. Furthermore, your development crew has trolled us, by not even responding to our cries for a fix! We dont want to fight over it... just flag you all down and get some info about when we can expect a hotfix. Notice how we feel like you all are ignoring us?

see what i did there. Now go fix it.

Lol, obvious troll. I solo killed 3 people at central... nothing.

Edit: If you are from EU, that could be the reason you are getting credit. So, no troll I guess.

I got credit on a US East coast server. Finished my daily about 40/150 on my weekly and around 8k Valor. This seems to only be happeneing on certain servers.