What class would Darth Bane be?

Wonkadude

The title says it all. I'm about half way through Path of Destruction, the first Darth Bane novel. (Just ordered the Fleet circling Ruusan to attack Farfallas reinforcements. 0.0)

So, what would the legendary sith'ari be? I'm torn between Juggernaut and Sorcerer/assasin hybrid.

Wookiepedia link here:http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Bane

The problem is that a lot of the star wars characters defy the limits put up by the classes, Bane might fight and look like a Sith Juggernaut, but also share the powers and some of the personality of the sith sorcerer

But if I had to choose I would place him as a Sith Juggernaut

The problem is that a lot of the star wars characters defy the limits put up by the classes, Bane might fight and look like a Sith Juggernaut, but also share the powers and some of the personality of the sith sorcerer

But if I had to choose I would place him as a Sith Juggernaut

Probably DPS/Tank hybrid since (i heard) latter he gets armor that can't be hurt by a lightsaber, and uses Djem So (aggresive LightSaber form)

Probably DPS/Tank hybrid since (i heard) latter he gets armor that can't be hurt by a lightsaber, and uses Djem So (aggresive LightSaber form)

Well he sounds like a Juggernaut DPS in my opinion, I have it easier seeing him carving up enemies rather than being defensive and taking hits, Darth Vader on the other hand is pure Sith Warrior Tank, that guy lost a limb in almost every fight and relied on greater survivability and stamina rather than deadliness with a lightsaber and force powers

EU chars don't follow any specific guideline for "class". Naga Sadow was a Sorcerer, yet his "class" type in swtor was supposedly Marauder, as explained by the trainer on Imperial Fleet after reaching lv10 with Sith Warrior. It doesn't make much sense as Sadow was clearly a sorc, but oh well.

If you wanted to classify Bane, he was a Sith Warrior in the 1st Novel, Juggernaut Immortal Spec in the 2nd novel when he had the Orbalisk Armor, and 3rd novel he was Juggernaut Rage spec, as it focused on both Melee and Force abilities. Bane could use Death Field like a sorc, but there seems to be different versions. Bane had already admitted in the 1st Novel that Force Rituals and things that were explained in Revan's holocron went way over his head and he'd never be able to learn them. Which is why he gave such things to Zannah who had an affinity for them.

Malgus is to be like a Juggernaut, but he can use Force Lightning. As it is with EU and NPC chars in game, they don't distinctly follow Mechanics and classifications as one would see in an RPG. Feck, look at Kyle Katarn for example. He's a Jedi Knight, came late to the Force, and he can use Force Lightning while still Lightsided.

Well i' going to add a small spoiler

After he visits Freedon Nads temple on Dxun

I would put him as Juggernaut, he becomes pretty much immune to lightsaber attacks

he enters this rage and no one can touch him. Example the Battle of Tython.

But then again his talent in using a variety of force powers. He was able use the force wave, force drain and several other powers that he was extremely talented in using. Although he did attempt sith sorcery, he failed at some of the more advanced ones.

EDIT: what i meant was after he goes to Dxun he becomes one hell of a juggernaut

Edited by Stephenjdoug

The EU characters are of a more special caliber than ours and thus were able to specialize in many different aspects of the Force.

I know this, I just thought we could have a mature adult discussion about it.

To the above Poster: I just started the second book and he found Qordis' book telling him to go to Dxun, so I assumed he would ge there. Please, carry on with your discussion.

• 1 year later...
He seems to have the imposing figure of a warrior, but he uses his cunning as much as his strength, also he loves zapping people with lightning. His love of sith philosophy and teachings make him more sound like an Inquisitor to me. Ive only read the first book and half of the second book so this could change Edited by Zgooden

Definitely a Juggernaut. Especially with his orbalisk armor. But even before that the guy was a beast in battle. If he were in game he'd be a BT3; he was described as two meters tall and well-muscled. Just read through the books and the things he does with his physical prowess alone...definitely a Juggernaut.

He seems more the Jugg type, though he could do things Juggs in the game are not limited to. Actually in the book you will see that the different classes are mentioned but not quite like what it is in the game.

"where individual students are sent depends on how much potential we see in them... Those with a noticeable but limited ability... become Sith Warriors or Marauders. They are taught to channel their emotions into mindless rage and battle fury. The power of the dark side transforms them into ravaging beasts of death and destruction to be unleashed against our enemies... Those with greater ability... become creatures of shadow, learning to use the dark side for secrecy, deception, and manipulation. Those who survive the training become unstoppable assassins, capable of drawing on the dark side to kill their targets without ever moving a muscle...on Dathomir and Iridonia...apprenctices... become the adepts and acolytes who swell the ranks of our armies. They are the counterparts to the Jedi Knights... those with the potential to become Sith Lords... are trained here on Korriban. [ch. 9]

What a great series...

I would vote for Jug as well. Though he uses Lighting, Force barrier (because he went out and learnt them from the holocrons he found).

Wouldnt it be cool if there holocrons that allowed you to learn a different class (in your faction) skill. Oh, the possibilities.