BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

Dovahbrah

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will not let it drop. Too many classes with way more going for them, whining that they got toned down and are no longer gods.

Absolutely. I can't believe Assassins and Pyrotechs are complaining. Try rolling a merc/mando.

Absolutely. I can't believe Assassins and Pyrotechs are complaining. Try rolling a merc/mando.

The only thing they messed up with Assassin/Shadow is the Balance tree for PvP. It's bad. There's no reason to play it at all bad.

And did anyone from BW even think about the fact it keeps us at 30% actually does nothing against those classes with a dispatch ability, let alone the smashers.

Also, one thing I majorly DISLIKE BioFAIL for at the moment! So they spent time changing the animation for rapid scan for the Merc, whilst leaving Commando with the green beam... seriously? Are you that IGNORANT of what your customers have been begging for for over a year!?

As has been mentioned, the biggest problem for Merc or CM is the AC design. When you create classes like these and sages(sorcs) that rely so much on casts, then you allow so many abilities to interrupt, you are going to create an unfair system when those casts do not hit hard enough.

To be fair, executes are unavailable at 30% health. They become available at under 30% health. In a PVP environment the difference is minor so you'd be more than excused for not knowing that. It's definitely noticeable on boss fights though where you stay at 30% for more than a microsecond. Anyway, strictly speaking, if AR keeps you at 30% health you aren't vulnerable to executes till they hit you with some other ability and knock you below 30%.

Illum farm too hard.

I will admit the only thing I've seen that is stupid is the new 30% Health Regen heal. The only people it's really good vs are Sorcerers, Operatives, Commandos and Powertechs. But even those classes have enough spike to knock you down 30% of your health.

They really need to change it to where you hit 30% if your health you regen all the way up even past 30% for it's duration.

Honestly there isn't a lot that's knocking out 10k health in one shot, and if you can't knock it out in one shot that HoT ticks incredibly fast. It's pretty lulz worthy.

Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer it your way tbh, or even have it push us up to 15% above current HP level when we use it and have it keep us there for the 8 seconds. I'm not saying the ability, as it currently is, is some super amazing defensive cooldown, but then again it was pretty pathetic before as well. At least this version makes me laugh, and is honestly just as useful.

lower the base cooldown on tech override and reserve powercell.

that is all :cool:

AMEN good sir.

Sadness spec =(

Edited by ArchangelLBC

I use kolto override to much success.

Then again I'm good at kiting, much practice doing it as a Merc healer, that I'm used to it as a Arsenal DPS.

Pair it with an expertise adrenal, kolto bombs, and shortened healing scans. Add los, and two tech override/powersurge just at the end for maximum effect. Or use your medpack at the end of it, or if you're being focused hard use it earlier.

It's about judgement and rotating your cd. I proc it manually or if I think there's a chance that I may be bursted down.

But seriously, I don't think they realized that pvp'rs don't get the increased amount of stats that level 55 should've brought. We are a balanced class, and their nerfs to crit really demolished our unload damage. Please make it crit more against players, or make it uninterruptible.

I'll help keep this bumped while my sub is active (3 more weeks), even tho I have not played my Merc since 1.7.

It saddens me to see Merc be so futile in PvP (Ranked or vs. players of moderate to high skill).

I've given up attempting to speak reason, provide QoL suggestion, and holding on to any hope Merc will be "fixed" anytime soon.

I've been here since the beginning, early beta Merc/Firebug, and the decline has been steady, in terms of class viability and competitiveness in PvP.

2.0 has been an "improvement", but, since all other classes also received improvements, it's impact, the improvements that is(esp. in PvP), have been more or less a wash.

as a Merc/Pyro...well, I feel as though I've been betrayed. The subclass has been deemed virtually useless in comparison to other classes, based on their roles, in both PvP and PvE.

Healer...worst healer subclass

Pyro...worst DPS subclass

Arsenal...I don't care, I've played Arse for about 5 hours...I'm a FB/Pyro, 4 life.

-COMPETITIVE PvP'rs and rankeds have no use for a class that is 3rd best in healing.

-COMPETITIVE PvP'rs and rankeds have no use for a DPS class that can EASILY be shutdown and have minimal defenses.

Sure, highly skilled players do well, and can do well with quality team, strategy, and teamwork...

But, it's like driving a mini-van at the Indy 500...Sure, you COULD do it...But, aren't you trying to win?

Edited by T-Assassin

Dude seriously....Commandos are OP. Snipers/Marauders need a buff first, as far as healing buff scoundrels more first too.

If there is even a hint of seriousness in that post, I've just lost all faith in humanity.

(I'm gonna take it as sarcasm, and go pray...I feel dirty, having read that)

2.0 has been an "improvement", but, since all other classes also received improvements, it's impact, the improvements that is(esp. in PvP), have been more or less a wash.

The changes to merc/mandos would have placed us closer to "at par" if they'd come in any previous update, but since 2.0 was a game changer for so many other ACs, the relative improvement for merc/mandos is small once you get over the novelty of actually being able to break the perma-snare and kite properly (which, admittedly, does feel great, but only because the lack of it was so painfully glaring for so long). In PvP, everything is relative.

The changes to merc/mandos would have placed us closer to "at par" if they'd come in any previous update, but since 2.0 was a game changer for so many other ACs, the relative improvement for merc/mandos is small once you get over the novelty of actually being able to break the perma-snare and kite properly (which, admittedly, does feel great, but only because the lack of it was so painfully glaring for so long). In PvP, everything is relative.

This is exactly the issue. They were brought up to PRE 2.0 viability...not 2.0 viability.

I won't say it's a wash. I think we've significantly closed the gap in gunnery. I'm not commenting on Assault, because it does not do to speak ill of the dead. Hold the line and the changes to grav round have had a very significant impact on our QoL and I'd be lying if I said otherwise. Combined with electronet and 2 charges of TO, it means that if someone does leap to us and try to snag their free kill we can make them pay cash, and that right there just improves the experience a million times over in regulars.

That being said, while we've closed the gap a good deal, we're still, I think, bottom of the heap as far as entire ACs go (I'll grant that things like sadness spec sorcs/sins may have it worse in terms of individual spec, but they have other ranked viable specs). Still, at this point I'd prefer they slowly tweak us till we're right where we should be instead of overbuffing us, which will result in a predictable overnerf.

To BW: you'll know we're probably balanced once threads pop us calling us too OP and actually meaning it.

I dunno guys I think Merc Arsenal is pretty tough now. I know people are complaining about pyro... I can see why it's lackin punch now. Arsenal is every bit as mobile as pyro used to be and has more punch. Arsenal Mercs are also a lot harder to kill and interrupt with the new PS and TM. I'm cautiously optimistic. I have an easier time killing on my merc now than I do on my carnage marauder... but that's could be gear since the marauder is 55 and using poor gear and then merc has better gear at 52.

I can keep targets at range better... I make people have to chase me... If they chase me I'm no longer an easy kill... I have enough pop to hit and fade. strict 1v1 is still advantage to the other class, especially if I decide to fight and not run... but running is much easier now. but our utility and dps now a fair trade off imo... BUT it's not really tested yet. I have to get to 55 and get in ranked to prove it. but it feels viable now.

I dunno guys I think Merc Arsenal is pretty tough now. I know people are complaining about pyro... I can see why it's lackin punch now. Arsenal is every bit as mobile as pyro used to be and has more punch. Arsenal Mercs are also a lot harder to kill and interrupt with the new PS and TM. I'm cautiously optimistic. I have an easier time killing on my merc now than I do on my carnage marauder... but that's could be gear since the marauder is 55 and using poor gear and then merc has better gear at 52.

I can keep targets at range better... I make people have to chase me... If they chase me I'm no longer an easy kill... I have enough pop to hit and fade. strict 1v1 is still advantage to the other class, especially if I decide to fight and not run... but running is much easier now. but our utility and dps now a fair trade off imo... BUT it's not really tested yet. I have to get to 55 and get in ranked to prove it. but it feels viable now.

I mean don't get me wrong. I agree with you. It FEELS a lot better now, which is why I say we've closed the gap to a very large extent. I DON'T think we've closed it enough because if a smart team is willing to pay cash to bait our cooldowns, we're largely back to where we were pre 2.0 in terms of shut down though of course we run much better than we used to.

Still I've gone from "I can do well in regulars but it's like pulling teeth and I'd much rather go on my shadow where I feel like I can contribute" to "electronet+HTL+instant cast GR + DR for 14k to the face weeeeeeeeeeeeeee".

I DON'T feel ranked viable, but I do like PVPing on my commando again.

There is no way that gunnery or arsenal is more mobile. You have to stop every time you want to cast. This is the entire problem with the class and the game. Two thirds of the classes rely on instant abilities, whilst two [sages and commandos] are stuck on this stupid insistence that they used casted abilities that are easily interrupted or LOSed. The changes to tech override help, but the instant that another class pays attention to us, we have to basically run away and stop DPS to survive. In an 8v8 game, the suggestion that we 'support' is stupid. It implies that somehow we will be in situations where we are always numerically superior to the enemy. However, we lack the resilience to guard nodes or to fight at key objectives, and we lack the tools to be effective at anything else that another class can already do better.

After waiting a year, I am drawing two possible conclusions. BW are either incredibly stupid and inept, or they hate the class with a passion for some unknown reason.

There is no way that gunnery or arsenal is more mobile. You have to stop every time you want to cast. This is the entire problem with the class and the game. Two thirds of the classes rely on instant abilities, whilst two [sages and commandos] are stuck on this stupid insistence that they used casted abilities that are easily interrupted or LOSed. The changes to tech override help, but the instant that another class pays attention to us, we have to basically run away and stop DPS to survive. In an 8v8 game, the suggestion that we 'support' is stupid. It implies that somehow we will be in situations where we are always numerically superior to the enemy. However, we lack the resilience to guard nodes or to fight at key objectives, and we lack the tools to be effective at anything else that another class can already do better.

After waiting a year, I am drawing two possible conclusions. BW are either incredibly stupid and inept, or they hate the class with a passion for some unknown reason.

I could not agree with you more. Even with the gutting of Assault, it's still the better spec for PvP imo. It sucks, don't misunderstand me, but it beats the constant interrupts that plague Gunnery.

Edited by TUXs

I could not agree with you more. Even with the gutting of Assault, it's still the better spec for PvP imo. It sucks, don't misunderstand me, but it beats the constant interrupts that plague Gunnery.

Try baiting interrupts with charged bolts, most melee go after the first castbar they see. If you're catching 2-3 interrupts you shouldn't be standing still anymore as you're probably 1-2 seconds from going splat