Mako is out of place.

TheUninite

Hello, I wasn't quite sure where to put this since I am not much of a Forum poster, but here goes.

I believe that Mako is in the wrong side of the Galaxy, she keeps going mad everytime I do a Darkside choice, now I would have no real problem with that, if it wasn't for the fact that the Bounty Hunter is a sith class. I know she is just following the Bounty Hunter codex, but as far as I know the codex doesn't say anything about it being bad to kill the innocent for some good credits or to give droids to the Empire.

I believe there should be a companion mod that makes the Character lightside, darkside, or neutral.

Edited by TheUninite

The way I see it, Mako likes a Bounty Hunter, but not one who's "evilly evil for the sake of evil evilness". (That's obviously exaggerated), but she is fond of the BH that does his job and doesn't necessarily act like a jerk/kill people that won't earn him/her credits, that's why as a BH, I will spare as many people as I can if I do not have a bounty on them, that is if it's a Light v. Dark choice.

I mean, I doubt I'd like a guy that killed everyone for kicks, lest they get angry and point that blaster at me.

You're looking at it wrong. Each companion has their own personality, their own moral code. In Mako's cause, while she is a bounty hunter, she does not believe in pointless killing. If the bounty is dead or alive, she'll take alive - there's no reason to kill someone needlessly.

I know a lot of Sith Empire players seem to get angry at companions like Mako, because she tends to frown on any dark side choice. Working for the Sith Empire does NOT mean you are dark side, or are expected to take dark side choices. There are plenty of people in the Empire, who would probably do just fine in the Republic, not all of them go around senselessly killing people.

she is fond of the BH that does his job and doesn't necessarily act like a jerk/kill people that won't earn him/her credits, that's why as a BH, I will spare as many people as I can if I do not have a bounty on them, that is if it's a Light v. Dark choice.

Problem with that logic is you will get both Darkside Points and Lightside points out of that.

What's wrong with that?

Well the problem is you get nothing out of being neutral in this game, not yet at least.

I do not really care, I can survive without the "l33t3st gear in the west".

Well, I prefer knowing the responses to all of my choices, so everytime I am about to complete a quest I click esc and redo the whole conversation, unless I don't feel like it of course.

Obviously I also skip what I have already heard, would be boring to hear the same stuff over and over.

Edited by TheUninite

Well the problem is you get nothing out of being neutral in this game, not yet at least.

Your point? The two aren't related. If your so keen on min/maxing, you can easily farm either light/darkside with diplomacy or flashpoints, or companion points with gifts (easily attained with underworld).

You make a good point, thats why I'd have no quarrel being in the empire if I had to choose between the two..the empire is not a faction full of evil people...they are a different ideology....even tho they have a bit of revenge fuel for the republic taking things too far last time. Edited by Stormcloudx

Your point? The two aren't related. If your so keen on min/maxing, you can easily farm either light/darkside with diplomacy or flashpoints, or companion points with gifts (easily attained with underworld).

That I did not know.

I guess its not that much of a problem then, but it would still be nice to have such a mod like I stated in my OP.

That I did not know.

I guess its not that much of a problem then, but it would still be nice to have such a mod like I stated in my OP.

Thing is, I like the "shade of grey" characters. Example- my Trooper's companion, Aric Jorgan, likes following the orders of the Republic, whether it's light or dark side. Imagine this-

In one situation, it's the lightside option to go ahead with arresting a criminal instead of taking a bribe, Aric would like that, but when you are told to go kill some people who may be innocent, the light side choice is to let them go, but Aric doesn't like going against orders.

That I did not know.

It would undermine the entire purpose of companions though, to just make them "fit" to your playstyle. They have their own views, it's just the way it is.

I know a lot of people can't be arsed to listen to the dialog, but if you do, you'll find that Bioware does a decent, I emphasize decent, in representing the views of the average soldier. It also doesn't paint the Republic in pastels. The Republic is shown through the planetary quests to have been up to some repugnant practices. I play a light side bounty hunter, because honestly, Bounty Hunting is not assassination. My IA is really dark. I love to interact with the soldiers on the battlefield, and I'm always compelled to be nice to them and do what I can to help them on the battlefield. Maybe because of my own military background, I don't know.

Like I said, they do decent job of separating the opinions of the common soldier, trapped under sniper fire from Republic insurgents say, and the Sith Lord back at the command center waxing philosophical about fighting the war. I'm usually less respectful to them.

One thing Bioware gets wrong is to always assume not killing is light sided. In Black Talon, Killran seems very disappointed that you didn't bring 'the general' back. I'm sure, as Marcellus Wallace said in Pulp Fiction, he would have spent the rest of his short a**ed life in agonizing pain. Yet, to not kill him is light sided, and to kill him, and spare him what you know he is going to endure, is dark sided.

One thing Bioware has done consistently throughout all of their games, Companion Characters have minds of their own, they don't just follow you because you said so, and don't just agree with you because you're the 'hero'. Companions will disagree with you when they think you are wrong, I know in other Bioware games, they will just leave if you aggrivate them to much. If you really want to get the best affection with a Companion, then you have to gear your responses to their personality not your own. I myself have companions who can't stand me no matter what I do, I chalk it up to their personality and mine don't jive and therefore don't use them. I've always played Bioware games this way and will continue to.

I know a lot of people can't be arsed to listen to the dialog, but if you do, you'll find that Bioware does a decent, I emphasize decent, in representing the views of the average soldier. It also doesn't paint the Republic in pastels. The Republic is shown through the planetary quests to have been up to some repugnant practices. I play a light side bounty hunter, because honestly, Bounty Hunting is not assassination. My IA is really dark. I love to interact with the soldiers on the battlefield, and I'm always compelled to be nice to them and do what I can to help them on the battlefield. Maybe because of my own military background, I don't know.

Like I said, they do decent job of separating the opinions of the common soldier, trapped under sniper fire from Republic insurgents say, and the Sith Lord back at the command center waxing philosophical about fighting the war. I'm usually less respectful to them.

One thing Bioware gets wrong is to always assume not killing is light sided. In Black Talon, Killran seems very disappointed that you didn't bring 'the general' back. I'm sure, as Marcellus Wallace said in Pulp Fiction, he would have spent the rest of his short a**ed life in agonizing pain. Yet, to not kill him is light sided, and to kill him, and spare him what you know he is going to endure, is dark sided.

I think you've found the first moral controversy I've agreed with, at least without doing the quest yet.