BUG: Revan's Robes

Aelther

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that this is a stretch of reality, but is it remotely possible that since Revan is currently...clothed... he might own, oh, I don't know, maybe several outfits?

I, for one, welcome the upcoming "Revan's loungewear bathrobe"

It's not funny...

I was kind of surprised too. Revan's lower robe just looks like a reskinned muse robe.

I think... its the belt. The rings and center piece of the lower robe seem to come from the belt from what I can tell. So... I don't think the lower robes are off. I think the belt is going to be that supe rare item that will be found in future packs or drops.

I think... its the belt. The rings and center piece of the lower robe seem to come from the belt from what I can tell. So... I don't think the lower robes are off. I think the belt is going to be that supe rare item that will be found in future packs or drops.

Did you not read my full post?

Now before you start saying how it is part of the belt or something let's look further, In both KOTOR and SWTOR versions of Revan's suit the skirt is black with a single red stripe in the middle, however the cartel one has 2 gray stripes instead.

It's not just the lower robe IMO, the upper robe is wrong as well. They are using a current robe in game with a reskin, and it should be a new model IMO that matches the original model exactly.

Just my opinion, but when you introduce a character that is one of your marquee characters you don't do a hack job on it's appearance.

I have to say that I agree. I like the set the way it is, but that's because I think it looks cool and not because it looks like Revan's Armor. I wouldn't mind an update for the gear though, the fact that it's reskinned from in game items is one thing, the fact that they didn't even get the right pieces from the SWTOR Revan is just absurd.

Though I have to say, how many people do you think will be mad that the first new (as in model) piece of gear we've gotten since 1.2 (Or was it later, they all blur, basically the end game PvP/PvE gear that keeps getting reskinned) is a Cartel Shop item.

Hey everyone, thank you for pointing this out. We're going to work on a solution to this, but know that it will take a bit of time for it to arrive in a patch. In the meantime, we've added this to our Known Issues. Thank you for your patience.

In other words.. "Ah crap, they figured it out, now we have to fix it.. Damn"

Yeah....that's not looking so good. Needs to have that ring and straps look. Especially important to fix ASAP when you are trying to sell this for RL Cash in the shop.

They are not selling the SWTOR Revan outfit in the shop for RL Cash. They are selling a chance to get one or more of the three pieces of the SWTOR Revan outfit for RL Cash. There is a big difference (and it's much worse if you look at it as it truly is).

The oversized shoulder thingamajig ruins the chestpiece for me. Needs to go back to the original look.

I couldn't agree more. They poofy shoulders ruin pretty much every item they've been placed on. The KOTOR look was definitely the better of the two and I might've been willing to pay extra cash for the KOTOR look. I still wouldn't pay real money for a chance of getting it, but I might have paid for it directly.

Hey everyone, thank you for pointing this out. We're going to work on a solution to this, but know that it will take a bit of time for it to arrive in a patch. In the meantime, we've added this to our Known Issues. Thank you for your patience.

Just to be sure, this recognizes the body three clipping issue, right? https://dl.dropbox.com/u/439516/SWTOR/revan%20clips%20on%20body%203.jpg

Of course we want to fix it. Somewhere along the line something happened that resulted in this mistake. Thanks to the efforts in this thread, we're able to pinpoint this as needing to be fixed.

Actually, I could side with you on this one. I never would've given it another thought personally. Then again, I've played both KOTORs only a couple of times, so it's easier for me to miss. Either that or I was so distracted by Revan being incredibly weak in-game and his poofy shoulder-pads that I never noticed the lower robe wasn't decorated properly. LOL!

Edited by InnerPieces

Of course we want to fix it. Somewhere along the line something happened that resulted in this mistake. Thanks to the efforts in this thread, we're able to pinpoint this as needing to be fixed.

We know you will fix it Joveth and we know your not responsible but, this should of never happened because it's the most sought after items in the Block Runner Pack. So, why wasn't their extra special care taken when designing these items. Whats worse is the complete lack of attention to detail when creating this outfit, it really doesn't look like Revans Robes as much as it looks like a cheap imitation of the real deal. But, whats even more worse than the lack of attention to detail is the pure laziness of the Dev responsible for creating theses items. All the dev had to do is take the exact outfit Revan is wearing in the foundry and copy it over to the Block-Runner Pac. But, instead the Dev responsible just decided he would slap an outfit together out of whatever he wanted, called it Revans Robes and then said IT'S MILLER TIME!!!

Do you get what I'm saying Joveth???:confused:

BTW : Please remove the Holographic target System from the new Cartel sniper rifle and use the holographic Target system for the old Cartel Sniper rifle. It would look much better.:)

Yeah, it's called your art departmet is lazy. Don't pretend like "Oh, not too sure how that got there like that"

You "want" to fix quite a lot things Joveth the number that actually get fixed however is significantly lower hence the cynicism. Though I suppose this is Cartel Market so as it affects cash flow directly it will get prioritised.

Oh wow I did not expect a reply from BW, not so soon at least, so thank you for that.

As for

You forgot something else. WHERE'S THE CAPE?!

While I would also really love to see Revan's outfit match the original as closely as possible, the point of this thread was to point out that the Cartel Revan's Robe does not look like SWTOR version of NPC Revan. Which BioWare has now acknowledged and promised to fix.

Oh wow I did not expect a reply from BW, not so soon at least, so thank you for that.

As for

While I would also really love to see Revan's outfit match the original as closely as possible, the point of this thread was to point out that the Cartel Revan's Robe does not look like SWTOR version of NPC Revan. Which BioWare has now acknowledged and promised to fix.

They promise a lot, be prepared to be let down.

Be careful, they're being vague about which issue he's talking about.

On the "Known Issues" thread, it's listed as:

•Revan's Robes do not have the correct appearance when equipped.

It's not clear whether they're referring to the clipping issue, the double-hood issue, or that they got caught recoloring random robes and calling them "Revan's"

Be careful about their promises. They promised us "Revan's" armor, and this is what we got.

Edited by Primarch_PWnD