Companion Respawn Fix is way Overdue

Elfa

It's just been way too long for something this large of an inconvenience to not have been fixed. Patch after patch after patch has sailed by without so much as a spoken word or acknowledgement by BW about this issue.

As a player who groups with 2 good friends in game, we often use my HK companion for extra DPS but companions stop respawning almost right away which means we have 3 possible choices right now:

1. Regroup, which fixes the issue for a few minutes.

2. Stop and pull out companion manually, which isn't helpful if we get attacked or draw aggro first.

3. Don't use a companion.

All 3 of these choices have draw backs that no player in SWTOR should be forced to deal with because the system should be working correctly and hasn't been for far too long.

Workarounds like the 3 mentioned above are meant to provide a potential solution until a bug is fixed, not used as an excuse not to have to fix a bug. Sure, there are far worse bugs in game, but few have lasted longer while being more irritating than this one nor encountered by group players more often.

Please address this issue.

Edited by Elfa

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fistbump

Have the same issue. Also Ashara doesnt look good naked.

I can't even see Vector naked :-(

But yeah, Companion issue is rather annoying -- especially when you aren't paying attention to it, and die numerous times because your companion isn't there >.<

I can't even see Vector naked :-(

But yeah, Companion issue is rather annoying -- especially when you aren't paying attention to it, and die numerous times because your companion isn't there >.<

If I had a dollar for every time that happened, I'd buy a controlling interest in EA and have the bug fixed.

If spawning companions cost CC they would have this fixed by tomorrow.

If it doesn't affect CM/CC, bug is low priority.

Been waiting for the hyperspace client crash fix for over 6 months.

What issue?

Because logging out and back in doesn't permanently fix either of the issues people have pointed out in this thread.

I believe he's talking about a different issue. Sometimes after you drop a full group your companion remains unable to deploy, even manually, and the icon indicates full group. Log out and back in fixes this.

I believe he's talking about a different issue. Sometimes after you drop a full group your companion remains unable to deploy, even manually, and the icon indicates full group. Log out and back in fixes this.

Oh! I've seen that too. But the way I fixed that, is by summoning an alternate companion through the Crew Skills/Companion window. That has always worked for me.

If you're in a group, your companions will disappear and you'll have to continually resumoning him, even when he is your third or fourth team member. Pain in the arse in FPs. I frankly believe they are all related to the same bug. Edited by AlaricSevGirl

Oh! I've seen that too. But the way I fixed that, is by summoning an alternate companion through the Crew Skills/Companion window. That has always worked for me.

I've had that work sometimes and not work sometimes. I've also had ctrl+u x2 work sometimes, but not others. Relog is the most reliable a fix, never had that not work.

No, I am talking about the issue where your companions randomly don't automatically come back when you get off your speeder. If you log out and back in, its 'fixed'.

No, I am talking about the issue where your companions randomly don't automatically come back when you get off your speeder. If you log out and back in, its 'fixed'.

No more fixed than me resummoning the companion. As it is "random", at least in my experience, relogging doesn't stop the issue from popping up.

I don't see how this would fix the issue, but I'll give it a shot. Pretty sure I've been in a group and had to relog due to DC and still had the issue after relogging.

Agreed, pretty pathetic that this bug still exists. Re-logging does absolutely nothing. I've notice that it happens when there are 3 people in your party. Anytime you get off your mount or change zone/instance your companion is gone. No amount of re-logging will fix this if there are three people, it will happen every single time.

The only fix I know is to group alone or if the third person leaves quit the group and reform with the remaining person.

It gets really annoying on things like the Esseles flashpoint which is usually run with less than a full group since it's a 2+ flashpoint. Every single time you access an elevator in that flashpoint, your companion drops. Since everyone tries to rush through it as fast as possible it becomes a constant little game of can I re-summon my companion faster than you attack the next mob, lol.

And while we're at it, can we get the bug fixed that causes the companion massacre when you quick travel between certain spots on Makeb?

Some days the bodies are piled waist deep.

I don't know exactly how big the unseen ship is that's picking us up and dropping us off is, but I always feel bad when Nadia falls to her death out the door just before we could land, possibly because of faulty seatbelts.