Best Looking Armor Sets

toxicundergroov

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm...

all the pieces until now look more like UN Peacekeeping or Heavy Duty Police armor with all the white on them.

Every US Ranger or SEAL would kick them in the dump because it's like puting on a target sign for shooting range on you head.

Where are camo style heavy armors?

Edited by Gomor

Honestly, this might sound weird but I just picked up armortech, and made some low 30's armor and its my favorite set so far. Just plain white with black accents like classic Stormtroopers.

Already starting some late 30s pieces and they are starting to have color on them again :(

Honestly, this might sound weird but I just picked up armortech, and made some low 30's armor and its my favorite set so far. Just plain white with black accents like classic Stormtroopers.

Already starting some late 30s pieces and they are starting to have color on them again :(

I believe it's the Phobium Onslaught armor that you're talking about and is available as custom. I have the chest, legs and helm so far in orange schematics.

I believe it's the Phobium Onslaught armor that you're talking about and is available as custom. I have the chest, legs and helm so far in orange schematics.

Thanks I will take a look at your suggestion.

I got the chest piece from doing Heroics on Voss, but to be honest I don't remember if it was an actual reward, or if I got it from choosing a box. The night I ran them I got one Orange quality chestpiece as a reward, and one from a box, and I don't remember which was which. Somehow I missed the other pieces to this, and now I wish I would have grabbed them, if they were mission rewards.

This setpiece is from the Heroics/End quests/Class quests on Voss in its entirety. I don't remember which Heroics were which except for a few:

-The Chestpiece is definitely from a heroic mission on Voss- I don't remember the exact name of it, but it was one of the Heroic 4 missions.

-The Gloves came from the class quests, but not the ones immediately on Voss. There's an interlude-like section of quests following the Voss ones, and once you get the objective to go to Corellia, you get the gloves from that.

-The boots came from the final non-Class non-Bonus story quest on Voss.

I'm doing the Voss bonus series now, so I'll edit this post with what quests reward the other orange pieces. I'm not including the blues because they're blues, and therefore get replaced too quickly to be of much coincidence.

Edited by Eianna

Any idea what the chest and legs are in that screen?

The chest is the Jedi heavy armor level 40 pvp gear (obviously with trooper mods put in). The legs are Champion Eliminator's Greaves.

The screenshot was taken at the very end of Act 3 after capturing General Rakton.

Bought the whole set off GTN today, probably random world drop, here's how it looks like:

TD-17A Colossus 1

TD-17A Colossus 2

TD-17A Colossus 3

All moddable, it also has belt/bracers that are moddable (only have the bracers right now)... Anyway, my new set! Looks awesome. :)

WHAAAAAT

I watch the GTN at least twice a day and I have never ever seen that helmet, those pants or those boots that were moddable. Let alone ANY moddable wrist/belt items.

I guess it's nice to know they exist but... damn.

A simple wardrobe tab would make this SOOO much easier!!

• 2 weeks later...
Bought the whole set off GTN today, probably random world drop, here's how it looks like:

TD-17A Colossus 1

TD-17A Colossus 2

TD-17A Colossus 3

All moddable, it also has belt/bracers that are moddable (only have the bracers right now)... Anyway, my new set! Looks awesome. :)

Wearing mostly TD-17A here, but I've swapped out the TD-17A chest and legs for the Cadimemu ranger pieces. Not a big fan of the orange bandoleer on the TD-17A and like the look of the small gear packs on the ranger legs. The only downside is the backpack on the Ranger chest piece looks inferior to the TD-17A one.

Still tossing up between the TD-17A and Athiss helmets though. The TD-17A is cool looking, but I like the streamlined look of the Athiss helmet on a Vanguard when I charge into a group of imps. The TD-17A sometimes looks like an oversized costume helmet being worn by a kid. If I bend over, it might fall off... heh.

All of my companions are in mixed Athiss, Varad, and Cadimemu armor since the colors match. Using the Cadimemu open helmet on Elara looks pretty sharp in her medic role. I just wish there was a matching orange highlight theme for Forex. That droid needs more than three customizations to choose from.

Edited by Tatanka

Quick question, on the TT-16A Powered Assault set from Belsavvis, the chest seems to be craftable. My question is, can it be fully upgraded because from the look of it there is only a mod and enhancement slot, no armor slot and it would seem pointless to get the set if I can't continue to upgrade it as I finish leveling.

Personally I would go with the Electrum Onslaught set. I feel that the TT-16A helmet is more fitting for the Electrum Onslaught Chest and legs. Basically I wanted my armor to look more like my avatar cause i dig the whole camo look.

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb167/thor9356/?action=view&current=Screenshot_2012-02-06_22_13_54_439214.jpg

Edited by Vicvoss

Im still looking for orange moddable belt. Player made or where available? Running Maelstrom gear atm.

Bracers and belts are both world drops, which makes them incredibly tough to snag.

Lowest possible level for a belt is like 7, bracers 15- of course, other than looks since it's orange gear, you could then use them the whole way to 50. I've seen one JK belt going for over 100K.