TANK spec *NOT* dropping tank gear from cmd crates

Decidion

It took me a while to finally check out the new expansion, partly because of real life busy-ness and partly because I frankly wasn't all that excited about it. But I finally ran through the chapters and got my main up to 70 this past weekend.

I also got my first 3 command crates. All three have had an alacrity implant or ear piece, and all three have had an orange blaster rifle shell. On a gunslinger. I thought that the idea was that loot would match AC/spec? Did I miss something?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It took me a while to finally check out the new expansion, partly because of real life busy-ness and partly because I frankly wasn't all that excited about it. But I finally ran through the chapters and got my main up to 70 this past weekend.

I also got my first 3 command crates. All three have had an alacrity implant or ear piece, and all three have had an orange blaster rifle shell. On a gunslinger. I thought that the idea was that loot would match AC/spec? Did I miss something?

Only the armor (not the empty shells) should match the spec. The empty modable shells should be removed from the GC loot table all together.

The actual gear pieces do, the ones with stats. The orange shells are random.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

I am seeing some confusion in this thread about how Command Crates determine what gear to give you, so I want to provide some clarity. The spec that is selected via the dropdown in Galactic Command has nothing to do with gear, that only determines what spec you have selected when queueing for content.

When you open a Command Crate the Discipline that you are currently in is what determines what drops from a Crate. Ex: If you are in a tanking Discipline when you open a Crate, tank gear will drop.

I hope that clears up any confusion.

-eric

Hey folks,

I am seeing some confusion in this thread about how Command Crates determine what gear to give you, so I want to provide some clarity. The spec that is selected via the dropdown in Galactic Command has nothing to do with gear, that only determines what spec you have selected when queueing for content.

When you open a Command Crate the Discipline that you are currently in is what determines what drops from a Crate. Ex: If you are in a tanking Discipline when you open a Crate, tank gear will drop.

-eric

Different DPS classes need gear specific to their class, i am getting accuracy gear on a sage and alacrity gear on a sentinel.

I thought it was just me.. my guardian tank has gotten a grand total of one tanking ear piece and an implant.. on the other hand.. she has accuracy and crit to envy!

edit: Also.. She's gotten 3 sniper rifles and an assault cannon. Yay?

Edited by TaylaEwa

Hey folks,

-eric

i dont run as tank on any of my toons, and i have been opening crates on my merc main, so why are 90% of the schematics dropping for tanks? i might as well roll a new toon as a tank because now i have gear for one, even tho i hate running as tank

Hey folks,

-eric

I can tell you that its not working.. My tank is not getting very much Tanking gear from her command crates. I feel sorry for the healers who are going nuts trying to keep me alive with her DPS gear.

So to answer a few questions people posted after the yellow text:

Your spec does not effect the schemes or random empty oranges you get from the crates. Those are random. You'll note that the schemes are legacy bound and the random oranges are BoE. As for the question of End heavy gear, unless it is a purple set piece, they will not be fully balanced mods. Now Blue 230 enhancements for what ever reason are equal to purple enhancements but the Mods are not balanced and are many times end heavy. As for the question of why am I getting Acc as a sage, unless you are a healer or a tank you need Acc regardless of class. I have openned 70 packs so far and I have not gotten the incorrect gear as a tank. All the pieces, set and not set, have been the correct type of gear. Guildies who I have asked (healing, tank, and DPS specs) have received the correct type of gear each time they have opened a box. Make sure you are in the correct spec when you open a box. I for example often do my dailies as a Veng Jugg and change back to an Immortal Jugg when I open my boxes. The boxes are NOT tied to the spec you were in when you earned the box.

Edited by Silko

Hey folks,

-eric

Can I make the suggestion to change the gear from the discipline to the spec selected from the dropdown menu? It's already intuitive and sometimes I solo things on a healer in dps spec for gcp but I want healer gear.

Hey folks,

-eric

This might be how you intended for this to work, but there's a problem somewhere. I've disintegrated numerous light saber drops from crates--on my operative. So it might be designed to work like this, but something isn't quite right.

I can tell you that its not working.. My tank is not getting very much Tanking gear from her command crates. I feel sorry for the healers who are going nuts trying to keep me alive with her DPS gear.

Yep I'm a corruption sorc getting DPS gear. Remember when 4.0 allowed you to get any gear that you wanted with non-RNG unassembled gear tokens? Pepperidge Farm remembers...

So you're calling the poster a liar? With all of the bugs in 5.0 do you honestly think the poster's experience is outside of the realm of possibility?

More like calling the poster ignorant for complaining about the gear they have received by stating dps sages don't use accuracy and sentinels don't use alacrity.

Either they are very ignorant about stats, or their complaint was about not getting balanced stats, the first warrants a 'just ignore this idiot' response, the second warrants a 'use modifications to optimize and balance stats' response.

Yes they did. There was a **** storm about it originally and then announced it would be relevant to your spec as well as long as you were in that spec when opening the boxes.

Edit: Here's a link for the unbelievers.

Around the 3:30 min mark.

and.... they said we would get a crate about every hour of CASUAL play.

When are people going to realize we are being taken for a money-grabbing ride and they could give two diddlies about what paying customers want.

This might be how you intended for this to work, but there's a problem somewhere. I've disintegrated numerous light saber drops from crates--on my operative. So it might be designed to work like this, but something isn't quite right.

Those were empty orange shells? Those don't count. The equipment he is referring to is equipment with stats. Those empty orange shells are only useful for disintegration and accelerating the acquisition of the next galactic command level.

Can I make the suggestion to change the gear from the discipline to the spec selected from the dropdown menu? It's already intuitive and sometimes I solo things on a healer in dps spec for gcp but I want healer gear.

That would be cool in the sense you could start building gear for alts.

E.g. at level 45 ( or whatever the hell I am ) I don't really need any more gear drops that would make much different to my build ( if my 224 set bonus gets replaced by a 230 set bonus cool but no biggie ) - few other purple enhancements or mods but really the drops now aren't any use to me.

Switching to tank though and starting to get tank drops means I could start building an alt set for a tank toon via legacy gear ( and if the 230 set bonus dropped I needed on my DPS I could still use it ) and the next 45 levels to get to 90 wouldn't seem like such a waste of time ( to the point I'm struggling to get motivated to even bother ).

Good idea really for alt building. :)

Try to do a respec and see if it helps? The moment I changed to healer I started getting alacrity drops