PSA: Attention Guild Masters!

ThadiusMoor

It has definitely proven a welcome change. Me and my second in command have spent millions donating items into our guild that previously were not donatable, including the synthetic/universal/industrial decos off the deco droids. What's nice is having Jollo from the Fallen Empire mission now donatable, he's sweeping rugs everywhere!

Some things that I haven't seen donatable yet:

bundled artwork from the cartel market

year 3 anniversary items (even though year 5 items are, and year 3 were donatable when first introduced)

class companions

cartel-bought companions such as the Annihilator T4-1D droid

datacrons (like the illum dark datacron)

operation decos such as the dread palace holocron of fear / dread (yet the hypergate irregularity from TFB is)

This must be one of those stealth updates they slipped in without telling anyone cause I just found it yesterday.

Usually those stealth updates don't work out this well for the players ;) I appreciate your post.

Nice, but the slot machine still doesn't have any detectable chance to drop cartel certificates, does it?

But thanks for the PSA. I didn't notice.

This chart is still accurate, and yes, the cartel market certificates still drop.

-------------------------------------------

outcome---------------------chance

"lose"----------------------------25%

"win_token"--------------------20%

------------------------------------------

"win_jawa_junk"--------------10%

"win_droid_parts"------------10%

"win_scavenged_scrap"---10%

"win_trophy_small"----------10%

"win_trophy_medium"--------8%

"win_trophy_large"------------5%

"win_certificate"--------------1.99%

"win_walker_mount"-------0.01%

total-----------------------------100%

Edited by ThadiusMoor

total uselessness----------100%

Fixed.

The only thing accurate about the contraband slot machine since it got nerfed. It's only use is that it's somewhere to flush your credits away. :rolleyes:

Edited by PorsaLindahl

This chart is still accurate, and yes, the cartel market certificates still drop.

outcome---------------------chance

"lose"----------------------------25%

"win_token"--------------------20%

"win_jawa_junk"--------------10%

"win_droid_parts"------------10%

"win_scavenged_scrap"---10%

"win_trophy_small"----------10%

"win_trophy_medium"--------8%

"win_trophy_large"------------5%

"win_certificate"--------------1.99%

"win_walker_mount"-------0.01%

total-----------------------------100%

Hm, interesting. I must have exceptionally bad luck then. In a thousand chips I had only reputation tokens (I'm maxed out on rep, so useless) and my lose rate was closer to 40%. According to this I should have had at least some jawa stuff. :(

Only found this out the day I put a disguise terminal in both my guild on Darth Malgus ,on my other account as guild leaders is on that account)

Two, don't even have one for my own strongholds. This is good we can now do this but shockingly poor customer service by BW that they did not advertise this more in the weeks leading up to this change. 1600ccc wasted. I would of used 800cc to buy one, but 1 would have done all 3. So very annoyed but also glad we can now donate more to guild.

So far I have donated the contraband slot machine to both guilds. This is something that could of been donated before but used the ones I had for myself. Now both guilds have it. So player within guild can now at least try should they wish to get the rep points. A sort of parting gift as leaving the game soon. 50k in-game credits per guild I think was reasonable.

It is worth pointing out that you don't have to be guildmaster to donate. any guild member can for in-game credits, as others have mentioned not every item can be but any that can, can be by any guild member as long as that player has one in there own collection.

Edited by TalleraLane

So far all decorations that were unavailable before are available such as any of the items on the decoration vendors, items you get from pre-fab, all flashpoints drops (there were some like Mentor's Processing core- you had to donate xx amount for the amount wanted) and operation drops.

I noticed this after the last patch but figured everyone knew it since I tend to find out afterwards.

Edited by casirabit

I've been meaning to make a forum post about the changes to deco donations that came with the last patch. I track this pretty religiously and have tried to call out for the devs the inconsistencies around deco donations in the past. I was extremely happy to see the changes this patch. There are still a couple outliers but overall it's a huge improvement.

FP decos and prefab decos were previously still donatable by physical copy donation, now there's just two ways to donate them and more options is great. The best part, though, in my opinion, is that a whole bunch of decorations that were previously BOP or BOL with no way to donate them at all have now been updated with a price. This is wonderful.

If anyone needs a reference for what is and isn't donatable, I maintain a comprehensive Google sheets spreadsheet that shows this (using filters is the best way to fully unlock its usefulness). It can be found here. It also tracks other information such as where decorations are sourced, and if it's a reputation faction deco what reputation level you need, and etc.

Where the guild donation price says N/A that's because I've been able to personally confirm that it can't be donated in any way (some of these are definitely still bugs). This category is now much smaller since the new patch, yay!

Where it says Unknown it's because I haven't personally unlocked the deco yet and therefore can't personally validate donation status. Sadness. :(

I've been meaning to make a forum post about the changes to deco donations that came with the last patch. I track this pretty religiously and have tried to call out for the devs the inconsistencies around deco donations in the past. I was extremely happy to see the changes this patch. There are still a couple outliers but overall it's a huge improvement.

FP decos and prefab decos were previously still donatable by physical copy donation, now there's just two ways to donate them and more options is great. The best part, though, in my opinion, is that a whole bunch of decorations that were previously BOP or BOL with no way to donate them at all have now been updated with a price. This is wonderful.

If anyone needs a reference for what is and isn't donatable, I maintain a comprehensive Google sheets spreadsheet that shows this (using filters is the best way to fully unlock its usefulness). It can be found here. It also tracks other information such as where decorations are sourced, and if it's a reputation faction deco what reputation level you need, and etc.

Where the guild donation price says N/A that's because I've been able to personally confirm that it can't be donated in any way (some of these are definitely still bugs). This category is now much smaller since the new patch, yay!

Where it says Unknown it's because I haven't personally unlocked the deco yet and therefore can't personally validate donation status. Sadness. :(

WHOA :eek::eek::eek:

You ROCK !

Thanks so much !

You should have your referral link in your signature, this deserves it so much.

Here's the list of decorations that weren't available with the Purchase For Guild option that ppear to be now, according to the spreadsheet linked above:

* Ambassador Jirrik

* Ambassador Ky'lee

* Astromech Requisition

* Circular Sign: Agent (and all other classes)

* Datacron: Dark vs Light

* Deactivated Skytrooper

* Flag: Alliance (Standing)

* Floor Safe

* Galactic Alliance Statue

* Gree Light (Blue)

* Gree Light (Orange)

* Gree Light Pillar (Blue)

* Gree Light Pillar (Orange)

* Incomplete Skytrooper Chassis

* Jollo

* Planter: Glowing Cave Fern

* Portable Zakullan Sentry Turret

* Potted Plant: Blooming Bud

* Propaganda: Fight for the Meatbags

* Skytrooper Model Display Tube

* Skytrooper Praetorian Armor Display

* Stacked Carbonite

* Trophy: Colossal Monolith (story)

* Trophy: Golden Fury (Story and HM)

* Trophy: The Ancient Threat

* Trophy: The Eyeless (Story and HM)

* Trophy: Xenoanalyst II (Story and HM)

* Wall Safe

* Weapon Rack: Bounty Brokers

* XR-9 Scrambler Grenade in Suspension Chamber

* Zakuulan Force Focus

* Zakuulan Prototype Medical Probe

* Data crystal vendor decorations such as Rakata Warrior

* Cartel certificate decorations

It's all the decos Xina LA listed above, plus some more.

Previously the majority of decorations purchased from faction Reputation vendors had to either be physically donated or there was no way to donate them at all, and now all of them from all factions (with the sole exception of the Abstract Rectangles Painting, which now as a sole outlier definitely is just a bug) are donatable at a credit cost.

Similarly, every deco that drops from the Star Fortress is now donatable with a credit cost (still also physically, for those that aren't bound), which they weren't before.

Almost all of the Flashpoint drop decos can now also be donated with a credit cost option, which was never previously true, and which is especially nice for decos from some of the less frequently run FPs like Red Reaper and Collicoid.

All in all this is a great improvement, and though there are still some decos that still can't be donated it seems more clear than ever, with this change, that that's probably a bug, so I'll be updating some posts over in the Bug Report forum to call out the remaining outliers.

It's good that the devs realize making decorating guild strongholds easier is a good thing. Now if only they'd realize it would be even an even better thing if guilds could have more than one stronghold, we'd have happy decorators and a credit sink both! ;)

Awesome! Respect.