Using my mouse to swing my light saber at enemy

Jonathon_Ryback

Ok through out the game while attacking the enemy and waiting for my abilities to finishing cooling down I could left or right click my mouse to attack the enemy to finish the job. Well this has currently stopped working for me and no one in the game can help me solve this issue. Can anyone out there help me fix this problem?

There is no "general attack" button. Every class, however, does have its most basic attack (a quick lightsaber swing or a quick blaster shot) in slot #1. This attack generally does not use up (or might even build up) whatever you've built up in your Resource bar.

For example, if you're playing a Jedi Knight, then this attack is called "Strike" and it generates 2 Focus points for your Focus bar. For Jedi Consulars, its' called "Saber Strike" and it does not cost any Force points. In other classes, it's a simple blaster shot.

You probably still have this ability in slot #1. Mouse over it to see exactly what it does, which will help you figure out when to use it. It's really important to NOT spam this attack - it really isn't something you're supposed to do repeatedly, since it doesn't do much damage. If you keep finding yourself in a situation where you need to use it over and over again, that's not a good thing. For example, if you're playing a Knight and you have focus points to use, you're better off using a more potent attack with your Focus points. If you're a Consular class and your Force is still high, the same thing applies.

You mentioned that your other skills were still cooling down - I don't know what level you're at, but you will eventually have enough attacks that something is off its cooldown whenever the global cooldown is over. The real trick to this game is learning how to manage all your different attacks so the right one is off its cooldown right when you need it. If you really have nothing else to do than spam #1, then something isn't going right.

Edited by DPCummerbund