The Mysterious Ancient Tome

Yes that can be true, but how can it be considering this thread is still up and not closed. But what about this; In beta a item was used to summon this thing, that isn't out of reach just yet, DT in Section X at 10 stacks drops a charm that unlocks a boss called Dreadful Entity in a 55 12man operation. That boss is said to drop something somewhat similar to kill another boss named Hateful Entity I believe in a 55 12m operation. That boss has yet to be defeated and shown off with the specific item he drops but that could apply the correct buff to hit this unlocking the final sequence of the long boss fight in a second sense. This is a bit far off but trying to connect this with Queen Of The Sands that is going to become active in patch 2.3 or so better known as Dread Masters Patch. Would the chain move onto those two ops? I don't know but it would help explain a little but more about the "Dragon" that is on tattooing.

Severity Gaming has killed Hateful Entity

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=682837

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it's possible they have changed the way you summon the boss. Or this is actually old news, taken out of the game and the CM people in India that they have working for bioware are clueless and don't know anything about it but pretend to. And the forum police have completely missed this thread

Their game is going to merge into 1 server before this is figured out

Edited by -Messiah

i have found an Correlian Museum Crystal... right next to the crate that looks like skeleton of Kryat Dragon

the crate with skeleton and the crystal

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo26/Nebdar/Screenshot_2013-11-06_19_55_01_984884_zps03d170d8.jpg

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo26/Nebdar/Screenshot_2013-11-06_19_55_07_986227_zps92284a91.jpg

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo26/Nebdar/Screenshot_2013-11-06_19_54_56_037544_zps2bd95774.jpg

it is in mission items part of inventory so it can be some class quest item(from m guess possibly the Smuggler one).. but then why i can pick it up.. i haven't tried it yet on Tatooine....

EDIT: sorry it is for +10 Datacron...

Edited by Nebdar

Apropos mysteries - does anyone know what's that human bone pile above the Krayt Dragon funeral site is about ?

There is one giant skull lying nearby. (It's also the site of an daily GSI mission.)

The Jedi Consular has a companion mission at the Krayt Dragon bones for Qyzen. If I remember right one has to click something to summon a monster which is probably the bones your referring to.

The Jedi Consular has a companion mission at the Krayt Dragon bones for Qyzen. If I remember right one has to click something to summon a monster which is probably the bones your referring to.

Yep. Finally got around to maxing out Qyzen and did that quest recently

6-9 months sounds like the time it would take for a new operation to be put out, but Dread Fortress and Dread Palace don't have any known secret bosses, so I guess we play the waiting game. I love these mysteries about swtor.

Dread Palace does have respawning mobs. Although, they disappear once you have reached the Council.

If that was unclear, I meant: if you beat the first, second and or third boss in there and you head back any day before reset, the mobs/guards have respawned. Which is normally an indicator that a secret boss is present.

Although, this has nothing to do with the ancient tome.

• 2 weeks later...
6-9 months sounds like the time it would take for a new operation to be put out, but Dread Fortress and Dread Palace don't have any known secret bosses, so I guess we play the waiting game. I love these mysteries about swtor.

Clarification: HARD mode Dread Fortress/Palace don't have any secret bosses. I suspect that Nightmare mode will.

• 4 months later...

Hi guys, I'm a french player and for me, cracking a game secret is the most fun :)

I've been really enthusiast about this thread... wich sadly ended...

But something cought my eye and I think I know Where's the last buff we need to acces this tome

I'm quoting Bruce Maclean the Senior Producer :

Guild Flagships will now offer expanded functionality for Guilds:

Provide powerful buffs to Guild members from orbit

Original arcticle : http://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20140423

Not tho mention that they are speeking about new PVE mission tho provide a guild the planetery control....

And also, this post endent one the cantina tour answer :

ancient tome isnt anything anyone will talk about for 6 to 9 months.
back in 11.14.2013... well the stronghold extention was planed for june (now mouved back to august) well from November to june/august is 9/10 month...

Maybe I'm totally wrong, but there is a lot of coincidence...

What to you thing about this idea ??

• 2 weeks later...

Just joined the quest a few days ago, and have two things that are very interesting....

First, sent a ticket to CS, like so many have before, but after replying to the original response, I got this... (Names removed)

Dear -------

My name is ----- from Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service.

Thank you for your response to -----’s reply to you regarding The Ancient Tome!

As he stated we do not provide hints or tips regarding in game spoilers, which I understand you are not after, like so many others you are enjoying the mystery around this item and area.

I can only confirm to you that this item is "working as intended" at this time, this topic was brought up at a Star Wars: The Old Republic Community Cantina Tour event last year and I can see on the forums a post relating to it briefly

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=689254&page=4

I am sure you have already visited the long thread on this mystery at http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=667577

I would advise keeping your eyes out for any news on this item, should you require any further assistance any other queries, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

The second thing refers to Tat itself, where I found a Sanctuary (as in an area where there are no pvp flags, thus no battles) right in the middle of the Dune Sea, left from the Sarlacc pit. In the area, there were 4 small pits around a larger one (Can't provide a screenshot, just go left from the Sarlacc pit, you'll hit it fast). Already tried bringing the 3 buffs there, nothing happens. But still, interesting, huh?

Edited by Eqor

The second thing refers to Tat itself, where I found a Sanctuary (as in an area where there are no pvp flags, thus no battles) right in the middle of the Dune Sea, left from the Sarlacc pit. In the area, there were 4 small pits around a larger one (Can't provide a screenshot, just go left from the Sarlacc pit, you'll hit it fast). Already tried bringing the 3 buffs there, nothing happens. But still, interesting, huh?

AFAIK, that Sanctuary is the place where the entrance to the Rakghoul tunnels will be when the Rakghoul Resurgence event takes place on Tatooine. You could also get the Spike codex entry there.

I don't think it's related to the Ancient Tome.

Edited by Jerba

AFAIK, that Sanctuary is the place where the entrance to the Rakghoul tunnels will be when the Rakghoul Resurgence event takes place on Tatooine. You could also get the Spike codex entry there.

I don't think it's related to the Ancient Tome.

Ah, well. Still got the e-email from CS, confirming it's functioning. At least all we're doing isn't for nothing.

While exploring outlaw's den and farming pvp chests today I noticed something in the GTM

There are 8 ventilation pipes (or whatever these things are) in the room. They usually seem to have covers, but only 7 out of 8 have them. One is missing it's cover.

I know it's not much, but maybe it's a clue or something.

The small opening is too small for a player character to access but maybe something else, like the fed womp rat can access it?

Whatever, just wanted to share it :)

Screen attached

http://i.imgur.com/6q5dj3o.jpg

Edited by RubiksChrome

While exploring outlaw's den and farming pvp chests today I noticed something in the GTM

There are 8 ventilation pipes (or whatever these things are) in the room. They usually seem to have covers, but only 7 out of 8 have them. One is missing it's cover.

I know it's not much, but maybe it's a clue or something.

The small opening is too small for a player character to access but maybe something else, like the fed womp rat can access it?

Whatever, just wanted to share it :)

Screen attached

http://i.imgur.com/6q5dj3o.jpg

Great spot! :)

Maybe:

• Attack the womp rat, but don't kill it to get it's attention
  • Kite the womp rat to each vendor - kill the vendor so the wamp rat gets the buff
  • Once the wamp rat has got each buff, kite it over to the open panel and hope for the best!

:rak_02::rak_02: