Shame on me, LOL at me - "Seeker Droid" Series

Resently resub'd to see what's what. Got to level 52 and found myself against level 55 stuff on Makeb, so figured I was supposed to do those two quests on Coruscant that it offered, Seeker Droid, and Macrobinoculars.

Chased all the seeds and quests for little XP gain, and after all of that, to add insult to injury, it caps off by sending me to Ilum for a Heroic 4 that I knew I had absolutely zero chance of finding a group for. It probably was not a problem for a short time after it first launched, but now, on a weekend, I landed on Ilum and got what I expected when asking for a group. *crickets*

What a waste of time, and beyond dissatisfying, to have a solo series end up with a Heroic 4 on Ilum.

Shame on me for not seeing it coming, and LOL at me for getting hooked into a time sink for no pay off. I assume the same thing will happen to me when I reach the end of the Macrobinocular mess. Between this and the buggy mess I found in the binocular series that I posted about earlier... it's a resounding, "Welcome back!" to returning players. LOL.

Edited by BlueDestiny

Yeah there have been many feedbacks on that. The dev needs to make the final quest repeatable with relevant loots. So there are more people doing it.

The final Macrobinocular quest is worse than the Seeker Droid one, in the sense that you must have four people to "click objects", while the final seeker droid quest is actually soloable if you are overgeared. On the other hand the Macrobinocular final quest is more fun and satisfying.

There are still people doing them. Just take some time and patient to gather a group. Personally I have completed both series on multiple toons and have helped other players on the final quests. So don't abandon the quest and keep an eye out for people lfg on fleet.

On the subject of solo quest ending up heroic 4, isn't the whole game shaping that way? You start solo (and no companion) and the endgame is 8/16 man hard mode raids. So don't agree with that perspective. But I do understand it is frustrating of unable to find a group.

Edited by Banegio

Yeah, I had mentioned memory coming back and realizing that alot of TOR content was that way... eg. start solo and end up with group required to finish. It's just that having not played for so long and returning to subscribe, I had forgotten that wee bit of shenanigans. Fine if there's groups to do it, but frustrating waste of time if there isn't.

Thanks for the tips on trying to pull together a group on fleet. I'm not a big fan of sitting idle at a keyboard on fleet to find a group while time passes - sitting idle not being good gameplay. I was playing TOR before there was a fleet, and was annoyed by the creation of fleet instead of a good group finding mechanic that let you keep playing while waiting for a group. Now though, they did introduce the group finder much later, thankfully, too late probably, but doesn't include heroics. Still, thanks for the tips.