Lost Island in PUG - What Gear Should I Have Before I Try It?

Level 50 Sentinel and I have done all of the FPs in HM (except Lost Island), all through GF. Thinking now of tackling Lost Island but am unsure what level gear I should have before I even click that box on th GF. I am in full columi with rakata earpiece and relics. Is this good enough, or do I need to wait for Black Hole gear?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Level 50 Sentinel and I have done all of the FPs in HM (except Lost Island), all through GF. Thinking now of tackling Lost Island but am unsure what level gear I should have before I even click that box on th GF. I am in full columi with rakata earpiece and relics. Is this good enough, or do I need to wait for Black Hole gear?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

You should follow what it says on the group finder itself, to make sure most of your gear is 136 rated columi. You can miss things like the mainhand or some pieces of gear but it's best not to be at tionese level when in a PuG. You should be fine though.

Tionese is fine as dps.. Anything above that is a bonus..

For Lost Island you should read the tactics, watch the videos and PLAY NORMAL MODE FIRST..

Once you know ALL the mechanics by heart, then you can try LI HM..

2 Tionese dps with a columi heals may not beat the soft enrage on lorrick. Also most group finder groups will kick an undergeared dps because it is easy to find a replacement.

Tionese is fine as dps.. Anything above that is a bonus..

For Lost Island you should read the tactics, watch the videos and PLAY NORMAL MODE FIRST..

Once you know ALL the mechanics by heart, then you can try LI HM..

I wouldn't try this as full Tionese unless you're really confident that you know your class and how to really max out damage for your spec. Gear is only half the story and I've seen two Columi/Rakata geared DPS reach enrage on the droid.

Some groups won't care but I wouldn't be surprised to see some attitude about your gear if you're full Tionese. A lot of people in there are well-geared and only go for the Rakghoul Weekly. Though they're the perfect people to 'carry' a Sent who only just meets the gear requirements, not many in this game are very charitable.

For pugging I'd recommend a mix of Columi and Tionese (and likely a piece of BH gear that you'd probably have been able to buy at that point). This gives you some leeway cranking out perfect DPS, a nicer health pool for your healer (particularly as melee), and less aggression from the pugs. And if someone still hassles you don't be shy to mention that the instance drops Columi because it's tuned for people still gearing in Columi. Just saying that and acting like you know what you're doing goes a ways.