How exactly does PVP pick the ops leader anyway?

TeamMemberTwo

I get it very often as an elite warlord (valor rank 100), but, I also load into the game extremely fast because I have a monster computer. Could be who loads first, or a whole set of criteria. Edited by Aluvi

It clearly skews to higher experienced folks but beyond that seems a bit random.

My understanding was that it is not based on your Valor Rank but more on the progression through that rank. For instance, in my guild on my server we have an Elite Warlord player that never gets to be ops leader in warzones any more as he is max rank but cannot progress through that rank.

So, someone who is 1000 points towards their next Valor Rank will get the ops leader over someone on max level.

I hope I explained that well.

It's whoever is the highest rank in their valor level. So someone who is 99% to valor lvl 1 (However unlikely that is) will be ldr over a lv 99 50% of the way to 100.

It's pretty bad, but in pre-50 the people who level exclusively through pvp get chosen, which is a good sign.

But like the second or so poster said, who cares who's the ops leader? Seriously going to discard a good plan in favor of a bad one because of some darker text?

As stated. Highest valor rank in their level. Should two have the same valor rank, the one with the highest valor level will likely be chosen.

Elite Warlords are not chosen due to a bug that prevents them from capping valor at level 100.

It's whoever is the highest rank in their valor level. So someone who is 99% to valor lvl 1 (However unlikely that is) will be ldr over a lv 99 50% of the way to 100.

It's pretty bad, but in pre-50 the people who level exclusively through pvp get chosen, which is a good sign.

But like the second or so poster said, who cares who's the ops leader? Seriously going to discard a good plan in favor of a bad one because of some darker text?

QFT

This is it right here. Ive been Valor 100 forever, and will never see ops leader on this toon, unless Im grouped with 7 other elite warlords. It takes whoever is closest to dinging to the next valor rank.

It's based on the actual valor amount, not percentages. Remember that valor resets to 0 for every level, so whoever has the highest current valor in the warzone gets the lead.

Hence why Elite Warlords can never be ops lead, valor is capped at 0 once you hit max rank.

This is because your valor cannot exceed your regular level. At level 24 I'm capped at 5950/5950 Valor or something like that. So at 100% progress to next rank, I am often chose.

One significant bonus of being the ops leader is the ability to use (abuse?) raid announcements (/ra).

I was wondering that myself, why sometimes i'll get ops leader even tho my guys' valor are only in the 50s. Since i'm almost always ops leader on my lvl 40ish toons, I figured it was simply based off rank. The more you know!!

It's based on the actual valor amount, not percentages. Remember that valor resets to 0 for every level, so whoever has the highest current valor in the warzone gets the lead.

Hence why Elite Warlords can never be ops lead, valor is capped at 0 once you hit max rank.

This. I was regularly getting ops lead when my valor rank was in the 90s even though I was only say 50% through a rank because the actual number was higher than other peoples'.

Now of course, I never get it. Which suits me just fine :p

Edited by Jherad

Without knowing the answer, my guess is that it's your valour points.

I definitely got it a lot in my 90s - at higher valour levels, you need more valour points to cap. This means you'll spend a lot of time at higher valour points than people at lower valour levels, and get ops leader more often.

I also can't remember getting ops leader since hitting 100 valour.

Here's a rule of thumb test: if after you level up valour so you're at the start of the next bar you don't get ops leader much/at all, but you tend to get it a lot when you're at the high end of the valour bar to next level, then it's probably down to straight valour points rather than % of the level gained.

I felt that I tended to get ops lead at the end of valour levels, not so much when I'd just gained a valour level. But not knowing the valour levels and points of everyone I was in random wzs with, I can't say for sure.

Edited by Wainamoinen