Jedi Covenant PvP Records Thread

NamikazeNaruto

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most likely that shadow put his gear to where he just stacked as much power and surge as possible, but dropped all his accuracy and crit rating. Unlike smashers, this has a profound negative effect on a shadow's overall damage. So basically he geared/specced just to get the biggest hit while making the sacrifice of having his overall damage be garbage. I'm thinking he had to try shadow striking several times to hit someone(since he had low accuracy probably) and crit someone(also because of the most likely low crit rating.) Then he had to find the right target who was undergeared and hope the stars aligned.

I just looked at this screenshot and the biggest issue that I have with it is that he it's in combat technique and running what appears to be a full 31/0/10 build since I see slow time on his bar (not to mention kinetic ward.. imo this would denote that he is using a shield) the times I have run kinetic builds in PvP I only see around a 4.5-4.9k SS. Now I know he could have respecd to an inf build or a balance inf hybrid to get TD and circling shadows for the highest possible SS but this seems unlikely due to his low overall dmg and kills. Yeah I know the stars could have aligned but it seems to me that it isjust a bug with the score board.

My 2¢

It's sad to see that Neb actually posted that highest damage. He died what, 2 times in the whole match? Took less than 50k overall damage. He stood uptop and did nothing but dot people. We decided early on to leave him alone due to the fact he wasn't really harming anyone. And didn't try to cap our node once. Which I'm sure he would have, we had a "decent" player there.

1. I took between 100-200k dmg.

2. I died 0 times I believe

3. I stopped a "for sure cap" 4 times that game because you guys "left me alone" when you cleared out mid.

4. You cared enough to toss flash bangs at me almost on cooldown

5. Out of those 11 kills against your team of healers, over 5 of them were finished off by me.....2-4 of which were against healers.

6. You had a shadow there. I'm a DF scoundrel who can't drop combat because of my dots, not to mention it doesn't stand up to scrapper for 1v1 prowess. I know my spot and I did it well. You also sent blunti there for backup later in the game.

7. Your team's 2 burst dps did almost twice the dmg of my team's 2 burst dps......yeah obviously my fault we lost.

What it boils down to is you are trying (and doing a terrible job) to do to me, what you think I was doing to your guildie. It is childish and proved how bad you were against a pug....but given the source I'm not surprised.

Edited by Ravashakk

I'll get this out of the way, setup

/thread

I had 3 of my guild members in that group last night, and said healer was pulling teammates off of targets that were within the last 5% of health, and pulling people from capturing turrets just so they could try for this. It honestly just made me sigh...

It's sad to see that Neb actually posted that highest damage. He died what, 2 times in the whole match? Took less than 50k overall damage. He stood uptop and did nothing but dot people. We decided early on to leave him alone due to the fact he wasn't really harming anyone. And didn't try to cap our node once. Which I'm sure he would have, we had a "decent" player there.

You judge skill on a squishy dps scoundrel trying to cap a node? In what world does that make sense? And if you guys only did 50k damage to him he was probably thanking the lord god almighty for not being tunneled, while laughing these guys are letting me free cast. Don't try to make someone look bad cause your team wasn't playing the game intelligently.

You judge skill on a squishy dps scoundrel trying to cap a node? In what world does that make sense? And if you guys only did 50k damage to him he was probably thanking the lord god almighty for not being tunneled, while laughing these guys are letting me free cast. Don't try to make someone look bad cause your team wasn't playing the game intelligently.

Yet they lost, right? If you look at a good dps scoundrel like Vasyel. He always puts pressure on the opposite node.....almost every time. It throws everyone for a curve and makes people scramble 90% of the time. Neb could have easily done this and probably got the node from us. Don't tell us we didn't play intelligent when we won. Obviously they didn't do much either looking at the boards.

1. I took between 100-200k dmg.

2. I died 0 times I believe

3. I stopped a "for sure cap" 4 times that game because you guys "left me alone" when you cleared out mid.

4. You cared enough to toss flash bangs at me almost on cooldown

5. Out of those 11 kills against your team of healers, over 5 of them were finished off by me.....2-4 of which were against healers.

6. You had a shadow there. I'm a DF scoundrel who can't drop combat because of my dots, not to mention it doesn't stand up to scrapper for 1v1 prowess. I know my spot and I did it well. You also sent blunti there for backup later in the game.

7. Your team's 2 burst dps did almost twice the dmg of my team's 2 burst dps......yeah obviously my fault we lost.

What it boils down to is you are trying (and doing a terrible job) to do to me, what you think I was doing to your guildie. It is childish and proved how bad you were against a pug....but given the source I'm not surprised.

Our team was a "pug" just like yours. Devil knew you guys were queing so he went in the pvp channel we use and asked for people to que with him. So we did. Next time you get over 1mil damage, let me know. And it not be from sitting up top putting dots on everyone. You're an amazing healer, don't get me wrong. Unicorns was stupid for losing you to LD50.

I don't think I'm alone, but if I am going against any pool of above average players I would always kill the lethality operative last in a rwz, that's just me, no execute and 10m cull is gimp,with little burst.

Most of the records posted require certain conditions along with great skill, I was in that match, I would not really describe it as a high paced exciting game. We just fought over middle like noobs until the timer ran out. I believe we had 3 dps and too much healing and no tank so we had 1 bubble stun sorc and 3 healers so we could not kill the other guys fast enough and Neb was our last target in our kill order if i recall correctly, so he did have a bit more ability to roam free for the majority of the fight other than the constant flash bangs myself devil and Ana tossed his way :rak_03:

I think Neb would admit that even though that was best dps match he has other ones that he is much more proud of. That being said I am fairly confident I will never post Neb numbers Ive never broken more than 1100hps and I would consider myself an above average healer ;) have used a few of his screen caps along with some of Moltinvixens PvE parses to shut down some folks who say operative dps is total garbage on reddit on multiple occasions :rak_01:

Yet they lost, right? If you look at a good dps scoundrel like Vasyel. He always puts pressure on the opposite node.....almost every time. It throws everyone for a curve and makes people scramble 90% of the time. Neb could have easily done this and probably got the node from us. Don't tell us we didn't play intelligent when we won. Obviously they didn't do much either looking at the boards.

Vasyel is a scrapper, which is good for 1v1 with front loaded burst compared to me who is df, which is better for group play and the burst has ramp up. Part of being a good player is knowing your class. Play to their strengths and stray away from their weaknesses. Something that gets overlooked so very often.

Given that game's setup, I was playing the role of safety. I did my job well. I prevented you guys from capping plenty of times. Manson had 0 stats and was never a threat to us because he was your node guarder. No one took it from him therefore he did his job well. Had our team had another person playing safety, I would have gladly gone down more than I did to finish off more ppl.

Edited by Ravashakk

Our team was a "pug" just like yours. Devil knew you guys were queing so he went in the pvp channel we use and asked for people to que with him. So we did. Next time you get over 1mil damage, let me know. And it not be from sitting up top putting dots on everyone. You're an amazing healer, don't get me wrong. Unicorns was stupid for losing you to LD50.

I wasn't upset at your group comp. You guys did have the better team, and it showed. Ppl have a tendency to look at the losing team and say "who did what wrong" instead of the winning team and say "who did what right?"

If you look at the 1.4 mill dmg game I had, I never exceeded a 20m radius around the turret. I was in the fray getting beat on the entire game....which is why vandana set a record....cuz I got focused more than the healers.

Each game is going to be different. You have to adapt. I like being in the middle of things much more than staying away and just dotting.

I don't think I'm alone, but if I am going against any pool of above average players I would always kill the lethality operative last in a rwz, that's just me, no execute and 10m cull is gimp,with little burst.

Most of the records posted require certain conditions along with great skill, I was in that match, I would not really describe it as a high paced exciting game. We just fought over middle like noobs until the timer ran out. I believe we had 3 dps and too much healing and no tank so we had 1 bubble stun sorc and 3 healers so we could not kill the other guys fast enough and Neb was our last target in our kill order if i recall correctly, so he did have a bit more ability to roam free for the majority of the fight other than the constant flash bangs myself devil and Ana tossed his way :rak_03:

I think Neb would admit that even though that was best dps match he has other ones that he is much more proud of. That being said I am fairly confident I will never post Neb numbers Ive never broken more than 1100hps and I would consider myself an above average healer ;) have used a few of his screen caps along with some of Moltinvixens PvE parses to shut down some folks who say operative dps is total garbage on reddit on multiple occasions :rak_01:

If setup properly, df has a bigger burst phase than scrapper. With lucky rng, I can do almost 16k in 2 gcds. That's why I like doing more than tab dotting. Ppl ignore you then you line up burst and make them pay.

And for the record, in void star I normally end up with 800k-1kk and 20-35 kb's. you don't get that from tab dotting.

Edited by Ravashakk

Sab charge/back blast/Wounding shots + dot dmg in no particular order? i guess yeah i do something similar when i go concealment sometimes dirtykick/sab charg/backstab/ kills most players around 40% health

I have both a slinger an op and a sniper all at 50 in WH, i find the burst of a SS/MM sniper still the best

Overall i dont think it would be described as a burst spec, and you have to figure most players will not play it to its full potential

Edited by dego-harmonium

This happened one time and we passed it off as a joke from the start. We were getting rated pops against a PvE guild that were just trying to farm relics. We told them we wouldn't face-roll them and let them get their medals to not be total jerks. So that match Devil was the only one to dps while we healed as normal. The other dps just sat around. At no time did Uncensored attempt to pass that screen shot off as legit. Just a good laugh.

Also know when we face each other in a regular WZs regardless of the faction or team make-up we play to win. There's no "leave Jinxaz alone to heal freely" or "let Guts smash his brains out on these undergeared pugs". We play to win with or against each other.

iunno. I was in an imp side reg vstar where devil was running with a few try hards and devil announced that we were going to farm the other team (mostly commandos - horrible pug draw for them). so your boy certainly likes to rub stuff in. come to think of it, he'd make a wonderful <watchmen>.

Sab charge/back blast/Wounding shots + dot dmg in no particular order? i guess yeah i do something similar when i go concealment sometimes dirtykick/sab charg/backstab/ kills most players around 40% health

I have both a slinger an op and a sniper all at 50 in WH, i find the burst of a SS/MM sniper still the best

Overall i dont think it would be described as a burst spec, and you have to figure most players will not play it to its full potential

Sab charge, double wounding shot, vital shot double proc, shrap grenade tick. Even more if you lay fly-by down beforehand and you catch a healer trying to get a cast off before moving. Even without the flyby, that's easily capable of doing over 11k with normal critting in 2 gcds....16-17k if you're lucky.

You were close but back blast doesn't measure up to wounding shots' ~6k hits. I mainly play the spec because I like the fact it is one of the least used class/spec combos in the game. Afterall, I have a 50 marauder I haven't played since 1.2.

Edited by Ravashakk

Out of curiosity, do you think the hit was on that prob super under geared sorc that pulled a mere 47k damage and a whopping 4k heals?

Yeah most likely lol :p

To be honest I'm not sure who it was but it's the first time I ever got over 6K on a single hit, and before anyone says anything yes I know Focus is derpy and people hate it. Mostly I play Combat but right now I like derpy focus. :p