Chiss Sith?

xXxNYROxXx

It's explained in the flashpoint "A Traitor Among The Chiss", aka 'Copero', that Force-sensitivity among the Chiss is so rare as to be considered a 'curse' and a 'taint' with those discovered to have it being executed or cast out (which, for the Chiss that thrive on ties to each other, can be a severe punishment), sometimes even sold into slavery. Some, like Master Ranos, escape and join the Jedi; others are sent to Korriban to be trained as Sith (it's discovered that, if the Inquisitor's race is Chiss, then the Ascendency sold them into slavery among the Empire due to their being Force-sensitive, the slavery from which they leave to attend the Sith Academy at the start of the core game.)

Not sure if that's any help to what you're asking or not...

So were there never really any Chiss Sith or was it just not super common? I was reading up on the Chiss and apparently they are very very rarely force sensitive at all.

Depending on which wiki article or lore you go by, Chiss who are found to be Force-sensitive are either summarily executed when their sensitivity is discovered, or they are exiled (in the case of lower-class Chiss) or their sensitivity is suppressed through medical intervention (higher class Chiss).

In terms of specific Chiss characters in the collective Star Wars lore that are known to be Force users, Sev'rance Tann and Dark Acolyte on the Dark/Sith side, and on the Jedi side, Master Dazh Ranos, Knight Antaria Wellos, and Padawan Nuru Kungurama are the 3 examples.

Oh, and Master Ranos is one of the DvL companions in the game, so there is at least 1 example in swtor of a Force-wielding Chiss :rak_03:

Edited by Erevan_Kindelar

Chiss Force users are rare, whether Jedi or Sith. See the note above by turbomagnus. In Legends (old Extended Universe) there were only a handful of known Chiss Force users who operated in the open.

Oh, and Master Ranos is one of the DvL companions in the game, so there is at least 1 example in swtor of a Force-wielding Chiss :rak_03:

Two, actually.

Valss, the final boss in A Traitor Among the Chiss.

Edited by ceryxp

It's explained in the flashpoint "A Traitor Among The Chiss", aka 'Copero', that Force-sensitivity among the Chiss is so rare as to be considered a 'curse' and a 'taint' with those discovered to have it being executed or cast out (which, for the Chiss that thrive on ties to each other, can be a severe punishment), sometimes even sold into slavery. Some, like Master Ranos, escape and join the Jedi; others are sent to Korriban to be trained as Sith (it's discovered that, if the Inquisitor's race is Chiss, then the Ascendency sold them into slavery among the Empire due to their being Force-sensitive, the slavery from which they leave to attend the Sith Academy at the start of the core game.)

Not sure if that's any help to what you're asking or not...

Really? That's a legacy option too and was never part of the base game. Was that revealed in the copero flashpoint? Cause that's pretty cool and it'd be nice if they did that for more legacy species options.

Agreed.

I was happy to discover that my Chiss consular was recognised for what she was too, although it didn't go into quite as much detail as with the inquisitor.

I'd especially love for them to directly address republic/jedi purebloods and imperial/sith Miraluka.

Edited by JuventusAndFCK

Agreed.

I was happy to discover that my Chiss consular was recognised for what she was too, although it didn't go into quite as much detail as with the inquisitor.

I'd especially love for them to directly address republic/jedi purebloods and imperial/sith Miraluka.

It would be very neat.

I have one reservation about this. It shouldn't be a bit of dialogue that's there *just* so they can comment. There should be a valid narrative reason for someone to care.

That said, I'd like to see more acknowledgement, where it affects anything, for the species we choose to affect people's dialogue, and above all, not just Impside xenophobes ranting about alien filth.

There's a few...

Miralukan Knight telling the Sith on Alderaan that they don't need eyes to find him, they can smell his stench as long as they're in the same room.

Chiss Agent, we find out on Hoth that Hutta might have been their first assignment for Imperial Intelligence, but they had actually transferred over from the Chiss Secret Police.

If a Jedi Knight is a male Twi'lek and flirts with the village leader on Tython, she suggests he leave the Order and join the Twi'lek in the village, including her.

Inverse of the 'alien filth rants', there's a sidequest on Coruscant, Old Market District, where the Nautolan quest-giver rants about 'human privilege' if the player-character is human.

Those are just the ones that easily come to mind.

That said, I see both sides; too much and it would be like making players have to play 'x' species for 'y' scene/dialogue, everyone would be telling newcomers that 'you have to play 'x', it's the only way the game makes sense' and so forth. We all want to avoid that, I hope.

On the other hand, I'm one of those who would enjoy it if my Cathar and the various Mandalorians in the game could have a few hostile moments due to the destruction of the Cathar homeworld at Mandolorian hands three-hundred years prior; or would like it if Kira reacted to the Jedi Knight being a Pureblood Sith (or Lord Praven on Tatooine doing so, for that matter) or Elara reacting to the Trooper being Sith or Chiss, just because I'm at least that much of a role-player at times...

I have one reservation about this. It shouldn't be a bit of dialogue that's there *just* so they can comment. There should be a valid narrative reason for someone to care.

That said, I'd like to see more acknowledgement, where it affects anything, for the species we choose to affect people's dialogue, and above all, not just Impside xenophobes ranting about alien filth.

Oh yes, I do agree. It has to be done properly.

Copero is actually why I'm both a bid glad and dissatisfied with the Chiss references.

It's established that my Consular *is* Chiss, which is fine for at least verifying the legitimacy of having legacy races. But there really was some detail missing at the end of it.

Apparently I've made the ascendancy proud? I guess that would make sense in some ways but I'm still a force user.

The biggest problem was the dialogue after fighting sniper lady (Syndic Zenta?) where my consular is apparently a part of the ascendancy? Since when? There really needed to be a proper conversation somewhere, where our character could declare their opinion on - and we could decide our relationship to - the ascendancy.

My consular was very much a jedi above everything else, so she was not okay with killing Zenta. This was apparently weird and unexpected to Saganu. I'd have liked to have the option to proclaim distaste with Chiss society for killing and exiling people like my consular.

Edited by JuventusAndFCK

SNIP

All your spoilered examples aren't legacy unlock races though, I think you can play all those just by being a subscriber. They are races that the game was designed to allow for those classes.

The reason why the topic is Chiss is because originally you could only play agents and bounty hunters as a Chiss, hence the specific exaple you gave of them.

Traitor among the Chiss was the first time (i think?) that the game have recognised a character playing a race (Chiss) outside of the original design.

Edited by JuventusAndFCK