Seattle (Pax Prime) Cantina Tour Files

Iwipe

Hey everyone, here are the contents of tonight's cantina your from Seattle. Special thanks to Fool’s Company guild on Beregen Colony for sending me these files.

There are some screenshots of the upcoming Rakata Prime FP and some released cartel market images. Not much else unfortunately.

http://dulfy.net/2014/09/01/swtor-pax-prime-2014-seattle-cantina-tour-files/

Enjoy!

I have one of the Q&A's that your earlier source missed (I was there, I asked the question, and if you don't believe me, Musco remembered me as the Heal to Full guy from last year! Hahaha!) :D

This is gonna be a bit of a paraphrase, as it's 4 hours later.

Q: As a small, tight knit guild, we feel like we are slaves to nothing more than the conquest objectives just to claw our way into the top ten against megaguilds with hundreds of members who can just zerg. Are there any plans in the works to maybe introduce an alternate, per-capita type metrics so smaller, tighter guilds can be competitive without having to slave away (or--forgot to add this--dilute themselves into nothingness by merging or mass recruitment)?

A: We are definitely aware that this is a major issue with the current conquest system as it definitely lends itself to very, very large guilds being able to field a lot of members doing a lot of objectives all at once. We are working on various methods to allow smaller guilds a better shot at the competition. However conquests is still very new and a little experimental so it will probably take a couple to few months to develop some alternative options for the smaller guilds out there (while still leaving the larger guilds free to pursue their goals as well).

I have one of the Q&A's that your earlier source missed (I was there, I asked the question, and if you don't believe me, Musco remembered me as the Heal to Full guy from last year! Hahaha!) :D

This is gonna be a bit of a paraphrase, as it's 4 hours later.

Q: As a small, tight knit guild, we feel like we are slaves to nothing more than the conquest objectives just to claw our way into the top ten against megaguilds with hundreds of members who can just zerg. Are there any plans in the works to maybe introduce an alternate, per-capita type metrics so smaller, tighter guilds can be competitive without having to slave away (or--forgot to add this--dilute themselves into nothingness by merging or mass recruitment)?

A: We are definitely aware that this is a major issue with the current conquest system as it definitely lends itself to very, very large guilds being able to field a lot of members doing a lot of objectives all at once. We are working on various methods to allow smaller guilds a better shot at the competition. However conquests is still very new and a little experimental so it will probably take a couple to few months to develop some alternative options for the smaller guilds out there (while still leaving the larger guilds free to pursue their goals as well).

I still dont see how it is an issue for smaller guilds to get into the top ten. We have at best 12-15 ppl on at peak hours and we are in 5th place onblamorra and as high as 3rdat 1 point.its about how active your guild is and finding which planet best fits your guild

I still dont see how it is an issue for smaller guilds to get into the top ten. We have at best 12-15 ppl on at peak hours and we are in 5th place onblamorra and as high as 3rdat 1 point.its about how active your guild is and finding which planet best fits your guild

Of course you make such comments with no idea of what guild I'm in or its character, though you would know my server if you read my sig. There are guilds out there with a highly active, tight knit core of people that number in the single digits. Their alts might bring up the roster to 50 or so. Your "12-15 people online at once" guild pretty much matches the entire regularly active unique player population of my guild, with the proportion of people who can be on for hardcore lengths of time even a fraction of that.

Let's just say that I slaved away to deliver about 240k, a little more than 25% of my guild's score, this last week (over six of my characters). We'd like to be able to have a reason to participate in/run conquests too, without having to become utter slaves to it to compete against guilds fifteen times and more our size just to get anything at all. Some type of per capita metric would allow smaller guilds to gain some guild rewards based upon a per-capita calculation (meaning that a small handful of players pumping out 50k across their alts would yield a higher per capita score than a larger guild with zergable numbers, but lower per capita participation), while still leaving the actual taking of planets to the larger guilds who do have the raw numbers to zerg for control. Add my 2 RL jobs to that and I think that the lead designer's jaw just about dropped when I told him later in the event. He understood my point quickly.

Yeah, we need to literally be more than an order of magnitude more active than the larger guilds to be competitive in obtaining any kind of guild reward at all, without outright being absorbed into them and/or mass recruiting. Either way would utterly dilute and sacrifice our guild culture and identity.

When I asked this question I got a round of applause and the person next to me said "I'm from a small guild too" and we exchanged ingame contact information.

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

True, on some servers, it is not problem to take place on the leaderboards, but lot of people like to win or at least be competitive with similar sized guilds (here is an idea, show how many active accounts the guild has in leaderboards), and sadly, winning is currently impossible unless you have 30+ people online most of the time (or an ungodly amount of resources and crapload of alts crafting)