Stunball and roots! 30m from goal and rooted for over a minute

J_Fred

You call him a dimwit, but I guess you're brain is just overloading too much from your higher level of understanding to realize that if he were to pass it off that squishy carnage sentinel would have been put through the exact same hell Myrm was, except he wouldn't have survived. Please try to think over what you post before you post it, and apply a little critical thinking to whats going on in the match before you blindly criticize others, and wind up looking clueless. Then again I guess a pro like you wouldn't have been susceptible to those roots though. :rolleyes: POT 5 seems to have the best trolls lately. I'll give you guys that.

Carnage sentinel? Funny, I thought you were Imperials.

Still, that squishy marauder has, for all I know, predation, undying rage, and his cc breaker all available. Doesn't exempt him from being roped by a trooper back into the pit. Yeah, he'd be screwed then. Otherwise, he scores if he's not terrible.

Of course, if he doesn't - and you KNOW this somehow, then yeah, passing would be pointless.

Edited by islander

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still, that squishy marauder has, for all I know, predation, undying rage, and his cc breaker all available. Doesn't exempt him from being roped by a trooper back into the pit. Yeah, he'd be screwed then. Otherwise, he scores if he's not terrible.

Of course, if he doesn't - and you KNOW this somehow, then yeah, passing would be pointless.

I played pub side the majority of my dual wielding days, and recently moved imp side. Get the terminology mixed up, sue me. Hopefully a pro like you would get the point, but I'm beginning to think thats too far of an assumption for me to make. :rolleyes:

Predation, undying rage, and cc breakers would not have saved that marauder who was barely hanging on to his life as it is. Did you not watch the video to see what the tank was put through? How many times his resolve bar was whited? He used his CC breaker, and that didn't help him. Again, post something actually constructive and relevant to the video rather than troll please.

^ and LOL well put Andy. ;)

Edited by PoliteAssasin

Islander, his healers were behind him. BEHIND. If he'd passed to Mallo instead of interceding to him at the beginning, Mallo would've been violated and poked with sharp pointy objects by the respawn in short order. The healers could not have reached Mallo in time to save him.

By the time he (edit to clarify: Myrmio) gets out of his first stunlock, Mallo was swarmed by the spawn so an interception would've been very likely.

He arguably could've passed to Sabina (full health) at one point, but Sabina dropped down so that pass would've been incomplete. Mallo was at half health with a bunch of enemy leapers in the pit waiting to jump to him had Myrmio passed to him.

Did I mention that I was in vent with him at the time so he KNEW I would be coming into the pit to keep him up?

But hey, let's not let this interfere with Islander's Monday morning quarterbacking. Monday morning quarterbacking is FUN! :rolleyes:

Yeah, not sure what Sabina was thinking when he dropped down, but hey, mistakes happen, we all make them.

and no, obviously if the guy is certain he's going to be safe with the ball no matter what, of COURSE you keep it then.

Monday morning QBing is almost as fun as QQing about CC's in this game :)

I'm sorry maybe next time I should ask him in ops chat if he has all of those available :D CC breaker will work on one stun/root, what will he do next? Predation doesn't free you from stuns/roots. Undying rage would have given him 5 seconds of immunity. I had to tank that ball for over a minute. I know people think maras/sents are OP but they really aren't. :cool:

anything else coach?

I'm sorry maybe next time I should ask him in ops chat if he has all of those available :D CC breaker will work on one stun/root, what will he do next? Predation doesn't free you from stuns/roots. Undying rage would have given him 5 seconds of immunity. I had to tank that ball for over a minute. I know people think maras/sents are OP but they really aren't. :cool:

anything else coach?

POT 5 players have "leet" marauders who can pop guarded for 1 minute.

Monday morning QBing is almost as fun as QQing about CC's in this game :)

Ah so you think I was QQing? I wasn't, nothing to whine about. This was simply the first time I had gone thru this kind of situation.

So in a related question - where was the rest of your team to ...you know....help out?

So we already know you're not actually watching the video, do we have to add reading the comments to that list too? Pretty sure he just answered your question a post or two ago.

Edited by PoliteAssasin

Ah so you think I was QQing? I wasn't, nothing to whine about. This was simply the first time I had gone thru this kind of situation.

and of course, your first reaction was to post a thread about stuns and roots....right.

So in a related question - where was the rest of your team to ...you know....help out?

I could only communicate with the right column, If I recall correctly this was a double premade. The entire left column should have been Faceroll Syndicate. As I stated before I had the two other players in my group return to mid to pick up the ball. I can't account for the other column however. On the imperial faction on begeren colony you have a lot of guilds who don't like to play with the team, and don't like people telling them what to do in warzones. All I can do is try to do my best with the players I can communicate with.

So we already know you're not actually watching the video, do we have to add reading the comments to that list too? Pretty sure he just answered your question a post or two ago.

I watched the video. It was quality healing!

and of course, your first reaction was to post a thread about stuns and roots....right.

You must be bored, because now you're grasping at straws. Go queue for rateds, I hear thats what you guys do all day on POT5.

I watched the video. It was quality healing!

The stuns/roots weren't interesting, not one bit. On an unrelated note I guess we can thank you for keeping the thread up. At least you're good for something after all, other than trolling a thread.

Edited by PoliteAssasin

This footage is from a match this past week. When i get less than 30 meters away from the goal line I get the stunfest of my life. Over a minute of roots and stuns until I can finally score. :rolleyes:

Stunball | The Roots Strike Back

You should have used your ability to activate your Resolve Bar! Just click it and go! /sarcasm off

We do have a patch coming in a few days. Let us hope it fixes something.

This footage is from a match this past week. When i get less than 30 meters away from the goal line I get the stunfest of my life. Over a minute of roots and stuns until I can finally score. :rolleyes:

Stunball | The Roots Strike Back

lol bro u would have convinced me alot more without the video. All that video shows is how stupid this game is with balance...

if u want to complain about something roll a VG tank at endgame pvp and see how u fair then lol.

lol bro u would have convinced me alot more without the video. All that video shows is how stupid this game is with balance...

if u want to complain about something roll a VG tank at endgame pvp and see how u fair then lol.

I wasn't complaining but as for vanguard's I have friends who have level 55 powertech tanks and they do amazing with it. I actually have both a powertech and vanguard 50 and I have been thinking of getting my powertech up to 55 and making it a tank. Powertech tanks bring a lot to the table if used right, and now with hold the line being available to troopers and bounty hunters I can't wait to see what I can do with the class now at 55.

lolwut?

Didn't you know, Ability: Activate the Resolve Bar has an 18-month cooldown?

1 month cooldown for every month this game has been out with no DR or immunity between stuns. The breaker doesn't even give a 5 second immunity for crying out loud! :p

Didn't you know, Ability: Activate the Resolve Bar has an 18-month cooldown?

1 month cooldown for every month this game has been out with no DR or immunity between stuns. The breaker doesn't even give a 5 second immunity for crying out loud! :p

Wait I thought I only had to pay 480cc? :eek:

Do people not know charge to a ball receiver is almost always an automatic interception, and that a receiver that's pulled/KBed almost always results a turnover? If you have the ball and got knocked off, at least you still have the ball. If you pass to someone who got knocked off as the ball is midair, you don't even have the ball anymore.

The only locations you should unconditional pass would be lower mid ramp to upper mid ramp, acid pool to lower right/left area after the firepits, and bottom of pit to anyone in endzone. Other than that, passing should be something you do when you're about to die. Now for the non tanky class you'll often die very fast with the ball so for those guys they should pass often, but for the tanks that are guarded and have your healer on your back, you're generally only worried about a fire trap, and the guy with the ball longest is likely to be least vulnerable to fire trap just because he probably has a lot of resolve built, while a fresh receiever likely have an empty resolve bar so he'll just get gripped into fire and die.

Would it be so bad to fill the resolve bar faster, make the stuns shorter, or add a five second immunity between them?

would be nice ... but there is lot beginners and they need stun as a first attack ... stuns might be completely removed from the game, i prefer more knockbacks or so though