/stuck in pvp do you consider it cheating?

Kegparty

Funny thing, but I did get stuck on a leap yesterday. The synching was off, as usual, and I made a leap to a person I saw running to a open door in voidstar. Evidently, they were around the corner already, and I got stuck inside a wall. /stuck didn't work to free me either.

The leap seems to be causing most of the stuck scenarios. Anyone else get stuck regularly?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious how the community felt. Personally I think you have to do it now to be competitive because everyone does it.

No I haven't read all umpteen pages.

And the answer is: If you're not stuck, /stuck is cheating.

Funny thing, but I did get stuck on a leap yesterday. The synching was off, as usual, and I made a leap to a person I saw running to a open door in voidstar. Evidently, they were around the corner already, and I got stuck inside a wall. /stuck didn't work to free me either.

I don't see how it possibly didn't work for you. When you /stuck you die and all you have to do is release to the spawn.

I have been stuck two separate times in a WZ. One was when I was stunned by an Operative on an incline, and I couldn't move or cast or anything. /stuck did not work for me.

The other time, I was running off a ledge with my Commando, and I "got caught" in the air, falling. I could use Hammer Shot, but not any skills with an activation time. /stuck did work on this. Because of the fact that I couldn't use induction skills (as I was technically moving), I would recommend the /stuck command kill you with a long timer to respawn, versus a long cast time on it. Sometimes you can't cast anything with an induction.

I don't see how it possibly didn't work for you. When you /stuck you die and all you have to do is release to the spawn.

Sometimes it doesn't work. I got stuck in a wall in voidstar after someone used a KB on me. It was inside the tunnels after a door was opened.

I couldnt /stuck or die or respawn but there was only a minute left in the game so I just hung out in the wall

The real problems are Huttball, where people do it to stop scores and Voidstar where people do it because their team has been left behind while the other team is across the bridge. ACW can have some problems as well if you have both side turrets.

I'm just saying that the only reason you would need to do this is if your team is failing anyway and i don't think using it will completely turn the tide in most cases. I still agree that something needs to be done (5 second timer to respawn when used maybe?).

I see it used in huttball all the time,.... you got the ball heading for their end zone then all of a sudden you see all 8 enemy players coming out of their starting position and slaughtering you.... It needs to be removed from warzones..

Actually...this would make a great CC break when you're chain stunned and death is imminent, I see no reason not to use it. It's not like it's some new bug...it's been this way since launch. Bioware has had a year to fix it and they haven't.

File a bug report in-game

I almost fell out of my chair laughing. I am sure you wanted to be sarcastic :D

Probably get a response:

This is droid x5r2323

Cartel coins are currently non refundable but you can sell purchased items on the GTN.

Sincerely - Droid

Removing /stuck is kinda out of the question as long as you can become desynchronized in a warzone. It doesn't happen too often, but when it does, it sucks. Invisible walls, not hitting target although you're standing next to him etc - I guess most of you know the symptoms. If you are not in combat when this hits, you can use /stuck and it solves the problem, you appear where you really should be. If you happen to be in combat, /stuck kills you, but it's still better than fighting a fight you cannot participate in.

Removing /stuck is kinda out of the question as long as you can become desynchronized in a warzone. It doesn't happen too often, but when it does, it sucks. Invisible walls, not hitting target although you're standing next to him etc - I guess most of you know the symptoms. If you are not in combat when this hits, you can use /stuck and it solves the problem, you appear where you really should be. If you happen to be in combat, /stuck kills you, but it's still better than fighting a fight you cannot participate in.

Hit CTRU+U :)

/stuck has been changed and can no longer be exploited.

Every once in a while inbetween all the stuff they break... something good happens.

Negative, I just tested it last night in Huttball and its still exploitable. It sent me right back to spawn from their goal-line.

• 4 weeks later...