Queen of Sands

I have found some info on previous threads related to this subject but haven't found a designated thread for this so here it goes.

Looking at various thread I keep stumbling upon various bits and pieces of information regarding a possible World Boss named the Queen of Sands. I am assuming that it is not in game yet but want to know if anyone knows if it could be implemented in future patches like upcoming 1.2 or really information in general for this.

The devs spoke briefly about this when the whole bit about getting a white saber crystal (via an exploit) happened.

That is, she's not legitimately spawnable at this point, but will be in a future patch- (and white saber crystals are on her drop chart, since that's how the exploiter got one) so keep your eyes open. Artificers are champing at the bit to get their hands on one again.

• 1 year later...
Could do Alex, could also be the next boss in the Dread Tooth Saga, I know she was originally meant for Tatooine but Darvanis is a sandy world...

Dread Tooth saga? Sorry, fulltime PvP'er lost and can't find his way home :p

Quote from Dawginole from Secrets in SWTOR and Community thread

A friend of a dev (take that for what you will) hinted last November that Queen of Sands would be added to the game in Oct/Nov 2013. Interestingly enough, 2.4 is being added in Oct/Nov of 2013. So maybe the guy wasn't full of poo.

The thought process now is that this will be tied into PvP content somehow. In other words, something will be needed to pop Queen of Sands, a Krayt Dragon, via the clickable in Outlaw's Den. And since it is in a PvP arena then if the loot is desirable enough, then it could introduce some good PvP between alliances competing to get the kill after she's spawned.

Three months to sit on that one...

Got me interested =] Will definitely check back on the tome in 2.4.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Dread Tooth saga? Sorry, fulltime PvP'er lost and can't find his way home :p

The dread tooth saga is a series of secret bosses that have been progressively revealed when the last one has been killed. It started with dread tooth, the section x world boss that can have his difficulty set by adding stacks. For a long time his 10 stack mode was unkillable due to bugs. But once he was killed he dropped an amulet that spawned the dreadful entity (a secret boss)in Terror from Beyond 16m Hm . The Dreadful entity dropped an orb that had unknown use until carnage gaming figured out how to spawn the hateful entity in Scum and Villainy 16m NiM. One member then leaked the info to severity gaming who broadcasted their pull. Now it's been data mined that this boss will drop another item to spawn the next boss.

As for the tome, id be very impressed if Bioware thought this far ahead to get the boss to spawn from the mysterious tome using something from an operation that wasn't developed till over a year later. At this point I think it's a scrapped item that Bioware never took out. We'll find out though if severity Gaming manages to kill the Hateful Entity.

Edited by ExarKunxx

Always thought that The Queen of the Sands was a Krayt Dragon World boss that they'd introduce to Tatooine at some point.

I REALLY hope I'm right.

According to the internets (wookiepedia lol idk how "credible" that is), Krayt dragons are supposed to be REALLY big. Like.. they supposedly can feed on sarlaccs (wth!O_o).

Edited by paowee

According to the internets (wookiepedia lol idk how "credible" that is), Krayt dragons are supposed to be REALLY big. Like.. they supposedly can feed on sarlaccs (wth!O_o).

if u drive from the imperial camp at the entrance to the dune sea straight towards the world boss spawn you will come across the bones of one. (feels much bigger then the one in KOTOR) so basically if your going in the right direction you cant miss the giant set of bones

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Tatooine already has a world boss though.

I think it would be right at home on Rishi though, and that Pirate would needs new content.

I'm sure three centuries ago an old pirate captain smuggled a Krayt egg to Rishi and now at long last the dragon whelp! is a Queen 100 meters long and 20 meters wide.