View Single Post

dijskykiller
04.30.2013 , 06:54 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by quirez View Post
its not for 1vs1 and has no burst + the only skill that makes it stronger in the dps department than the full tank build is a very situational and easily avoidable conal aoe. PFT + DOA are great for putting high numbers, but they are rarely killing any1 - we can see it on the screens you provided - that novare must have lasted 30 minutes or something + there is about 3m+ healing on your opponents side, little numbers of deaths/kills on each side.
Yah, there was 3 healers on each team on that game. I was guarding the south node and we were winning at the last minutes, before somebody on our team got disconnected. That explains the 4% to 0 score.

voidstar - you put a nice portion of dmg in there BUT 18 kills? again we can say that was fluff aoe, and while i admit in voidstar its whats needed (doa on the doors, Flame thrower while standing near doors is good and important in voidstar) every basic powertech build can do it, and can do it better.
We were on a disadvantage on that match because we faced an experienced pre-made. Though if you will check, I still got the highest kill number on my team. Also, some of my teammates could have done a better job with their dps.

having jet charge + HO is good mobility? yeah but EVERY tank has it, and you can spec into sooooo much more with tank for huttball if you take those speeds and longer HO and other movement improving stuff.
I prefer to make it more applicable to all warzones, and not just focus on huttball. I actually tried a mobility spec before just like what you're saying. It is really effective in that wz, however i don't find the benefit of it in other maps.

i do believe you make this build work, but i find it strongly inferior to any full tank build.
In terms of survivability, yes, full tank will always be superior. What this build brings is better damage in a tanking stance and getting all talents that beefs-up mitigation.

I think i would stick with PFT as it delivers good AoE damage and snare too as compared to Flame Sweep's slow and low damage. The only reason I picked-up flame surge is to help build up PFT and manage heat.
Hankk Dubs
Scrapper Scoundrel
Backrocket Bastards
RP swag, PvP flagged.