Elites should be removed from all non Heroic/FP/Operations missions

the game is actually massively overtuned for something to be able to log in a couple hours a week and actually get something done, it is a joke

The thing is a mmo takes years to develop and they go by the market conditions at the time when they design it. I'm sure when they built this game the market was saying WoW is too easy and it's a joke, then cataclysm came out and it failed hardcore so now the market wants everything easy.

It is too hard to predict what the market will be years from now and design the game around it. Rift was impossible at launch and no dungeon finder; this game is also way too hard for a normal person.

Edited by Letsplayrift

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So myself, a 27 year old adult, would have to lower myself to the comprehension level of a 10 year old because you're a bad parent?

She is 10 years old!!! Get her outside, get her into sports, playing with other girls... you know, care about how she develops as a human being?

How lazy can you possibly be? Get a 10 year old to play a MMO instead of developing her interests and show her the world basically. I seriously doubt that at that age and with such a shining example as a parent, her biggest problem is the elite bosses.

Edited by HolyGigi

Having to explain to a ten year old, let alone getting her brother to help her, that its not too hard doesn't cut it anymore. She; and for the most part her brother; are playing because games are supposed to be fun. While some will think ten is young with proper supervision the game is fine, she sees worse on cable and hears worse as school. That out of the way, far too many missions are stymieing her simple because of the elites involved. Her brother would never admit any problems but he is a bit more stubborn so eventually pushes his way past most if.

What I am getting to is that if she stops playing most likely the rest of us will too. She wants to do her character by herself (if I have to explain why you don't know young ladies) . While we can and do play together at times its a matter of timing. Leaving Christmas vacation and my timimg will be wholly different from theirs. There just isn't a point to the heroic mobs in the normal missions. They are only frustrating and not helping the story along. Of the four of us she does not do missions unless prodded but she will control the fate of four accounts.

... But... I dont even...

My only issue with elites in normal game content is that to often they just drop credits...I'm selfish and want more gear drops, lol!

As for the OP, your kid is 10....tell her to go play outside, we have enough fat kids sitting inside all day playing xbox and videogames and adding to the childhood obesity issues.

When I was a kid (10), I played games that were probably considered very inappropriate for my age. In fact, my online gaming started back in the good ol' days of MUDing, and I can assure you, the people who played those games were just as twisted as anything you'll see in this game, as content or in general chat... and back then there was no way to just turn it all off.

I played them and learned the emotional maturity required to deal with the things I experienced. Despite the references to sex, blood, violence, and drug and alcohol use depicted in those games (like this game) and the hundreds that came after, I turned into a fairly normal person.

All that said, if you truly believe your daughter has the maturity to be able to handle content and themes that are meant for 16+, then she should also have the maturity to either have the determination to figure things out on her own, or the maturity to ask for help without hurting her poor, childish pride. If she doesn't have either, then I can guarantee you, she doesn't have the emotional maturity to handle the content found in a game meant for people more than half a decade older than her. This coming from another woman who was once in her position.

If anything, you should be ashamed. You are teaching your daughter that it's okay to quit and give in, that it's okay not to try and improve herself. Video games are more than just simple entertainment, they are a lesson unto themselves. They teach persistence, social skills, reading comprehension, and much more. Instead, coach her, let her improve, and let her discover on her own the rewards she can earn from determination and ambition. Rather than teaching her that the world will bend over backwards for her... because I have news for you, it most definitely won't.

While i understand your problem, I would be very disappointed if FP difficulty was lowered. FP's are designed to be a challenge for a group and that group has to work together. Groups who are not playing together should not be very successful. Additionally, when you make dungeons really easy, they all feel the exact same. The only thing that separates dungeons from each other (other then story and environment) is the mechanics of the encounters. When the dungeons are too easy, then mechanics are ignored and they all feel the same. No reason to interrupt spells, avoid AOE, kill adds....etc. Everything is the boring same thing when that happens. In fact, as at this time i have done most FP's up to Cademimu....they already are a bit too easy. Crowd control is rarely used and trash pulls are mostly all the same.

Difficulty is important. Flashpoints are not for everyone. The lady needs to learn to work with others for a common goal-good RL skills anyway :)

So myself, a 27 year old adult, would have to lower myself to the comprehension level of a 10 year old because you're a bad parent?

She is 10 years old!!! Get her outside, get her into sports, playing with other girls... you know, care about how she develops as a human being?

How lazy can you possibly be? Get a 10 year old to play a MMO instead of developing her interests and show her the world basically. I seriously doubt that at that age and with such a shining example as a parent, her biggest problem is the elite bosses.

1 - People of all ages are getting stomped by the class quest lines in this game.

2 - Don't tell people how to raise their kids, its rude. If they are spending time together as a family, then good for them.

While i understand your problem, I would be very disappointed if FP difficulty was lowered. FP's are designed to be a challenge for a group and that group has to work together. Groups who are not playing together should not be very successful. Additionally, when you make dungeons really easy, they all feel the exact same. The only thing that separates dungeons from each other (other then story and environment) is the mechanics of the encounters. When the dungeons are too easy, then mechanics are ignored and they all feel the same. No reason to interrupt spells, avoid AOE, kill adds....etc. Everything is the boring same thing when that happens. In fact, as at this time i have done most FP's up to Cademimu....they already are a bit too easy. Crowd control is rarely used and trash pulls are mostly all the same.

Difficulty is important. Flashpoints are not for everyone. The lady needs to learn to work with others for a common goal-good RL skills anyway :)

I didn't read the OP carefully enough, apparently. I thought he was speaking of FP's/Heroic quests-not Class Quests.

Class quest difficulty seems fine to me. In fact, most quests are rather easy. A more challenging class quest is refreshing. You just have to use all your abilities. We have special cooldowns, stuns, interupts, and crowd control abilities for a reason. If you are not skilled/geared enough to handle it, then go back and do it when you are a level or two over. I have not had any issues on my trooper, BH, IA, Smuggler or Consular of varying levels.

Edited by KoranHorn

1 - People of all ages are getting stomped by the class quest lines in this game.

2 - Don't tell people how to raise their kids, its rude. If they are spending time together as a family, then good for them.

1. People of all ages don't engage their brain and try to figure out how to best use all their abilities. The difficulty is fine-the people need to learn to play their class better and the Class quests can help you do that.

2.When you start talking about your family in a chat forum, you are asking for feedback on whatever you are discussing. And seriously, the modern day American family is a joke. Parents don't even parent their kids anymore- TV, video games, public school system, and daycare raise em because the parents are only there a few hours at most. People are badly in need of "being taught how to properly raise their kids". Maybe actually go back to having both a mom and a dad that are not so selfish and immature that they take an active and involved role in the development of their kids. Course, this is kinda hard when most kids are born by mistake and out of wedlock....but that is an entirely new problem.

This is a general statement, not in response to the OP specifically and this thread is steering way off the OP topic.

Edited by KoranHorn

Please do not adjust the difficulty, this game is already easy enough. If the games difficulty was adjusted for a 10 year old, that would eliminate 99% of the player base, so you can see why that would not be a good idea.

1. I play with two IRL friends. None of us had any problems what so ever on our class quests so far. All three of us are in the ~40-45 levels.

2. He complains that a 10 year old finds this game difficult because she is too stubborn to ask for help and EVERYONE else must comply or his family will quit the game because of it. Guess what? My 5 year old cousin cant even make it past login screen, should I post here that the devs should change the game because he cant read english yet or else I'll quit the game?

I dont care how he raises his kid, honestly, I dont. But I find his post insulting in regards to everyone who is over 10 years old and plays this game.

I agree, this is *********** nonsense.

Commander Rylon. 6400 hp and no buffs, kills companion and me alone. What the hell.

Jedi Knight Mashallon or whatever, *********** impossible to kill.

I try taking her aggro and reducing her movement speed, so my ranged companion can hurt her. Nope doesn't work, she has more ranged options than a goddamned trooper.

Seriously, I want to play the story, I don't want the challenge, I played Mass Effect, Dragon Age, KOTOR, all those games on Easy first then I would replay with the challenges or harder difficulties. Goddamn I knew this **** would happen when they said MMO, see with WoW, I do party up, because there's no story. But here, I don't want to roll for convo, I want to hear my character, not the multiple porkin clones we have in this game.

i agree, this is *********** nonsense.

Commander rylon. 6400 hp and no buffs, kills companion and me alone. What the hell.

Jedi knight mashallon or whatever, *********** impossible to kill.

I try taking her aggro and reducing her movement speed, so my ranged companion can hurt her. Nope doesn't work, she has more ranged options than a gosh darned trooper.

Seriously, i want to play the story, i don't want the challenge, i played mass effect, dragon age, kotor, all those games on easy first then i would replay with the challenges or harder difficulties. Gosh darn i knew this **** would happen when they said mmo, see with wow, i do party up, because there's no story. But here, i don't want to roll for convo, i want to hear my character, not the multiple porkin clones we have in this game.

rofl!!!!