Win\Lose Ratio Imp vs Rep

Seethreepeo

From the Official Post earlier

"Bad news for Republic players, though - the Empire currently leads overall, having won 53% of all Alderaan Civil War and Voidstar matches (across all servers). Huttball has been played the most, accounting for 39% of all matches – and yes, we’ll be adding a new same faction vs. same faction enabled Warzone in the future."

Surely this cannot be a suprise to anyone?? Tbh i thought it would be even more in our favour, we have generally speaking at least 70% of the population on every server thus have more lvl 50s to enter the PVP warzone and faceroll with the significant effect expertise has.

They havent Acknowledged this though as it would be admiting the system is flawed at the mo.

From the Official Post earlier

"Bad news for Republic players, though - the Empire currently leads overall, having won 53% of all Alderaan Civil War and Voidstar matches (across all servers). Huttball has been played the most, accounting for 39% of all matches – and yes, we’ll be adding a new same faction vs. same faction enabled Warzone in the future."

Surely this cannot be a suprise to anyone?? Tbh i thought it would be even more in our favour, we have generally speaking at least 70% of the population on every server thus have more lvl 50s to enter the PVP warzone and faceroll with the significant effect expertise has.

They havent Acknowledged this though as it would be admiting the system is flawed at the mo.

Instead of fixing the faction imbalance problem, they just create MOAR same-faction battlegrounds. Pure genius /s

How long before they make Ilum same-faction too because Imps will be complaining there are no Republic to find for their new "kill x quest"?

Then we can lay the final nail on this game, rename it Star Wars: The Old Empire, and everyone moves on to GW2?

Edited by corebit

I don't know where they pulled those numbers from but it's more like 80% win for the imperials in Alderaan and Voidstar.

3-4 level 10, 11, 12, and < 20 in your group doesn't help matters much. I wish these lowbies would go and level instead of trying to play Obi Wan Kenobi in Warzones and take on the level 50 Sith Inquisitors.

Instead of fixing the faction imbalance problem, they just create MOAR same-faction battlegrounds. Pure genius /s

How long before they make Ilum same-faction too because Imps will be complaining there are no Republic to find for their new "kill x quest"?

Then we can lay the final nail on this game, rename it Star Wars: The Old Empire, and everyone moves on to GW2?

How would you fix a faction imbalance without causing more headaches? A game with 2 factions will ALWAYS have a faction imbalance.

Implement a queue system that forces servers to have an equal ratio at all times?

- Then casual players wont be able to log on because of the hardcore players.

Forcing servers to have faction quotas pre launch?

- Friends that would want to play the game later wont be able to play with their friends that started earlier.

These "solutions" will not come without consequences.

Lets look at the solutions other games used.

DAOC

- 3 factions, which is as balanced as it can get.

WOW

- Created BGS to "fix" the faction imbalance pvp issue, but at the same time killed world pvp. However, this solution doesn't fix the issue entirely, because the faction with more people will have more hardcore players.

- Cross server BGS - spreads the hardcore players out so the imbalance has less of an impact on an individual server, but kills all sense of server community and rivalry.

- Create a FOTM race that looks "cooler" than the other faction. Blood Elves vs Draenei. - Lucas arts will throw a fit, but hey, I'd want to play an Ewok.

Edited by tonpu

Or the republic will complain that there are 500 imps just camping the zone and they cant kill anyone.

Don't like it, why are you still here? Game just came out.. Sorry this isn't Carebear WoW or actual Carebears online..

Don't like the game, don't play it. You want to complain actually give constructive criticism. Its always easiest to whine the give a solution. And whining never gets anyone anywhere productively.

if we could actually pvp without the extreme lag present in warzones the numbers might even out

for me warzones in its present state its unplayable and ive decided not to participate in warzones until this improves.

world pvp is fine i have no lag at all, enter a warzone and its painful...

pvp is highly competitive and if its not fluent its not worth doing

so until the warzones lag gets sorted its just world pvp for me

I think the imbalance in factions is fine. I mean, 3 factions would without any doubt, be the most fun solution - but as it is right now, I don't mind playing the underdog.

I mean, playing as a Republic Trooper with a buddy of mine, we're bound to meet a lot of enemy players while we level up - so we're going to have our hands full all the while fighting the emo side.

Come Illum, we'll be doing everything we can to mess up the Imperial's Justin Bieber & Tokyo Hotel discussion groups there - no matter how much makeup we have to blast through.

You say faction imbalance? I say BRING IT ON!

Edited by GyroGate

47% vs. 53% surprisingly close. Just hope they dont make any too hasty decisions based on this 3% difference. I mean obviously they need to fix the animation lag for some combat moves to put them in balance with Imp side. Just hope this does not mean any nasty nerfs for imps...

I'm actually really pleased with those numbers. 47/53 implies that it is almost even if you allow something like +/-5% error due to random chance. I think what matters more than what the number is now is how that number changes over time; it might flip the other way next month for all we know.

I'm kind of surprised; I would have thought the Imperial side was more appealing to a PvP minded player. Goes to show what I know, apparently.

http://www.twitch.tv/taugrim/b/304575438

fast forward to 1:27:00 to learn what you need to know about why faction imbalance makes world pvp impossible, and makes balance worse.

He's speaking from one World of Warcraft's server point of view. On my server, the Horde/Alliance ratio was Horde favoured, yet we still won 50-60% of all Wintergrasps.

Just cause he says something, doesn't make it true.

I don't know where they pulled those numbers from but it's more like 80% win for the imperials in Alderaan and Voidstar.

3-4 level 10, 11, 12, and < 20 in your group doesn't help matters much. I wish these lowbies would go and level instead of trying to play Obi Wan Kenobi in Warzones and take on the level 50 Sith Inquisitors.

In my experience its fairly close to 50%, I'd believe the official 53%.

Let me point out a logical fallacy that I constantly see in every team game when talking about balance.

*Incoming Wisdom* - If the teams are a group of eight random players that queue at the same time, then over the long run the only constant on that team is YOU.

So if you're losing 80% over the long run....I think you can take it from there.

I don't know maybe they get those numbers from actual reproducable statistics IE pure cold hard numbers whereas your numbers are subjective ones pulled out of nowhere. Unless your logging every BG you go into and whether it's a win or loss i'd believe them over you every single time.

And while level 50's do over power the lower players (a problem Bioware are sorting as there's now enough level 50's to seperate them off whereas there wasn't until recently) the bolster system is pretty damn good so saying sub 20's shouldn't PvP while allowing those 20+ to still suffer the same problems with level 50 just goes to show your pure ignorance of the system.

The weak link is obviously you.

50% is about right for my server. Mainly depending on Premade Vs Pug, rather than Imp Vs Rep.

I think the numbers feel about right for my server, but like i said i would have guessed that imps were winning more based on the rush to 50 scenario and being more, the fact that there is a 3% diference and over 1 million games does mean that imps have won 3000 more, so there is slight issue there, and it could only get worse.

Yes worse does mean for both factions, because if ur winning all the time (forgetting rateds as there arent any yet, that means there is something wrong with balance, i personally thing if 50s where in their own barckets this number would be even closer to 50-50

Because all the current 50s did not play any pvp till they reached maxed level. Please.... This is a lack of bracket issue, not a player issue. Which Bioware acknowledged and is fixing.

47/53 is a 6 point margin, not 3%

Now i'd like to see the whole numbers, but it proves either that the activation time bugs for rep classes are truely bugs and thus makes victory leaning towards imperials, or that imperial players are more skilled. (I'm pretty sure i can guess who's gonna answer 1 and 2)

It's good that the republic is the underdog. If we can have open PVP with a 2 imps vs 1 rep, than things will start being fun.

I'm playing republic to be fighting against all odds. That's what all the movies are about.

Anyway, in case imperial players are not aware, the republic wins in the end ...

Larger population on Imperial side = more level 50's but does not mean more level 50's in each warzone. It's not about the number of level 50's on either side, it's the % of people queing up at level 50.

Examples

1,000 imperials to 100 republic Q'ing up for warzones. Imperials have 400 level 50's and republic have 60.

Imperials have far more level 50's, but the chance that any one character in the warzone is level 50 is only 40%, whereas the Republic have a 60% chance that any one character in the warzone is level 50.

So please stop spreading lies that imperials win ratio is higher because they have a larger population size.

I'm kind of surprised; I would have thought the Imperial side was more appealing to a PvP minded player. Goes to show what I know, apparently.

Why would someone want to be on the zerg side if they were serious about PvP? Because of the color of their mascara:P Ha!

1) He was talking about the FIRST WEEK of PVP, before everyone had gear.

2) If there are two servers, and on one the republic wins 99% of the time and the other the empire wins 99% of the time, then OVER ALL The win ratio is 50/50 and completely balanced.

It's marketing speak.

If you got the win/lose ration of the servers yesterday, I'm willing to bet most will be 60/40 with a unsettling amount being at 30/70. They posted the numbers they did just to make people thing it's better then it is.

Looks like it worked.