Presence of Mind effect gain

Twor

Just curios, I have checked the box for all effect gains- so shouldn't I get an onscreen message when POM procs?

Always checking for the small icon in a non movable buff bar is not very comfortable ;)

at the moment, no. its not much better as a tele sage either. they get a bunch of proc abilities, the only one that is easy to notice is the tidal force proc since your head has like a gold glowing ring around it.

but, as much as i hate comparing swtor to wow, the proc notification system in wow was great. something similar to that would be very very helpful

at the moment, no. its not much better as a tele sage either. they get a bunch of proc abilities, the only one that is easy to notice is the tidal force proc since your head has like a gold glowing ring around it.

but, as much as i hate comparing swtor to wow, the proc notification system in wow was great. something similar to that would be very very helpful

A system that took years, and years... and years, to be implemented in WoW.

I do agree, however.

We need better notifications. But its all over the forums, it will happen.

A system that took years, and years... and years, to be implemented in WoW.

I do agree, however.

We need better notifications. But its all over the forums, it will happen.

I honestly don't think BW cares too much about the UI as long as it functions. I think they really want to get modding in so that they won't have to do much work in this area.

Bioware has provided information, regular updates and they also seem very set on competing for the lead mmo title.

I'm quite certain that they will indeed make changes to said areas. Bioware has yet to let down, their history is simply breathtaking and the start of this mmo is nothing less of.

However, it is just that, the start. I'm not expecting things to be solved over night but I'm dead set on the fact that it will happen, partly because you can truly notice that bioware monitors the forums (an indication of this is the fact that they "lock and link" threads - what this means is that they keep updated and gather all the critisism in one place)

I truly believe its merely a matter of time!

Bioware has provided information, regular updates and they also seem very set on competing for the lead mmo title.

I'm quite certain that they will indeed make changes to said areas. Bioware has yet to let down, their history is simply breathtaking and the start of this mmo is nothing less of.

However, it is just that, the start. I'm not expecting things to be solved over night but I'm dead set on the fact that it will happen, partly because you can truly notice that bioware monitors the forums (an indication of this is the fact that they "lock and link" threads - what this means is that they keep updated and gather all the critisism in one place)

I truly believe its merely a matter of time!

Perhaps, but the UI and it's lack of customization was easily the consistent biggest complaint across all builds throughout beta as well. It's not like BW doesn't know it sucks and has sucked for awhile now.

They made no real update to it through the last build going into launch other than to increase it's stability and remove some bugs. I just think it's not a top issue on their priority list atm.

Perhaps, but the UI and it's lack of customization was easily the consistent biggest complaint across all builds throughout beta as well. It's not like BW doesn't know it sucks and has sucked for awhile now.

They made no real update to it through the last build going into launch other than to increase it's stability and remove some bugs. I just think it's not a top issue on their priority list atm.

The thing with an MMO is that a lot of things are equally important, such as quests not completable, the green "instanc'ing'" glowing through the entire map, etc etc etc...

Bioware would be wise to listen to any and all feedback and act on it, and fast. Bioware is such a company of which I expect such service and they have up till now been keen on delivering it - I'm not worried yet.

Although all of this whine is slightly putting me off as I'm loving my time in the game.

I'm pushing towards 50 and will immediately push again with another char. This game is where I'll stay for a very long time and I simply hope people share that ambition.

MMO's are never finished, which sort of means waiting a month to have the issues whined about on the forums right now isn't a big deal.

(On a sidenote, the constant comparison to WoW is outrageous and quite pathetic, its an established game and was catastrophous at launch.)

The thing with an MMO is that a lot of things are equally important, such as quests not completable, the green "instanc'ing'" glowing through the entire map, etc etc etc...

Bioware would be wise to listen to any and all feedback and act on it, and fast. Bioware is such a company of which I expect such service and they have up till now been keen on delivering it - I'm not worried yet.

Although all of this whine is slightly putting me off as I'm loving my time in the game.

I'm pushing towards 50 and will immediately push again with another char. This game is where I'll stay for a very long time and I simply hope people share that ambition.

MMO's are never finished, which sort of means waiting a month to have the issues whined about on the forums right now isn't a big deal.

(On a sidenote, the constant comparison to WoW is outrageous and quite pathetic, its an established game and was catastrophous at launch.)

Oh don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed my time in game, and don't have any major complaints so far. Just stating that BW has known that the community is mostly dissatisified with the UI for awhile now and hasn't done much if anything to allay such concerns. Point being, they're not exactly listening to feedback and acting on it in this aspect, they've heard it for more months. :rolleyes:

Edited by Khadroth

No, it's because you don't want to risk breaking a functioning UI so close to launch.