Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

Karaiblis

BW let me give you a few pointers concerning these forums. Don't take silence here as if there is a problem. The only time I personally ever come here is when I'm ticked off, other then that, I'm busy playing the game. So here we are today, I haven't logged a single minute on my toon and usually by now would be on about my 10th warzone match. But I'm stuck with this freaking thread on my mind entirely, because you have made a massive mistake with the appearance of my character. Just because nobody voiced concerns over these changes previously, doesn't mean it was ok to go ahead and implement them. It just meant people were playing the game and were happy with the way they looked. And now many of us feel liked we were robbed of time, money, and credits on whoever's behalf it was to make this decision. Now it's up to you to act.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The awfulness of the phantom shoulder-pads barely registers next to the third breast they added in the middle of the female spymasters gear, that's larger than the two nature (or programing) has already provided them.

Still trying to figure out what the "master spy" is supposed to store in his or her bulgy breast pouch. I have settled on either binoculars or snacks. ...Honestly thinking it could be a meme. "What does Cipher Nine have between her ***** today?"

BW let me give you a few pointers concerning these forums. Don't take silence here as if there is a problem. The only time I personally ever come here is when I'm ticked off, other then that, I'm busy playing the game. So here we are today, I haven't logged a single minute on my toon and usually by now would be on about my 10th warzone match. But I'm stuck with this freaking thread on my mind entirely, because you have made a massive mistake with the appearance of my character. Just because nobody voiced concerns over these changes previously, doesn't mean it was ok to go ahead and implement them. It just meant people were playing the game and were happy with the way they looked. And now many of us feel liked we were robbed of time, money, and credits on whoever's behalf it was to make this decision. Now it's up to you to act.

This. Oh, so much this.

What Bioware should of done was pull the Cartel Pack from the game once they realized the items didn't match the advert. Instead they left it in the game for over a month which has led to this mess.

To expect the player base to search the forums to see if gear is going to change is ludicrous, at the very least Bioware should of made a post on the launcher indicating that the gear was wrong in the Cartel Pack... I'm guessing they didn't want to do that because people might not buy the Cartel Packs. And Everyone knows how Greedy EA is...

And lets be honest, The old Bioware is gone forever, what we have left is EA pretending to be Bioware so they can milk their reputation for everything they can.

Edited by Monoth

Still trying to figure out what the "master spy" is supposed to store in his or her bulgy breast pouch. I have settled on either binoculars or snacks. ...Honestly thinking it could be a meme. "What does Cipher Nine have between her ***** today?"

Spooky, thank you for the laugh, I so needed it today!!! =)

They did not randomly change the look. They posted last year that they were going to fix them to look like the advert.

The problem is the screenshot on the Cartel Market for that pack does not identify by name the items shown, so how could anyone say false advertisement when it's an unnamed image that some people assumed was the Phantom Chestguard.

The reality and what is truely false advertisement is that everyone that purchased the phantom Chestguard did so based on the preview of the named item shown on the GTN, those people got what they paid for until it was involuntarily changed today to an item we did not pay for, period end of story nothing else to see here.

BW needs to gives back the item we purchased or reimburse us the millions of credits we all spent for this item.

In the future, we will ensure that all assets are in alignment on the Cartel Market. The final products are meant to look like the advertised art.

Get real. The complaints in this thread aren't about future art and market items. They're about specific ones that we paid for.

Edited by Joesixxpack

They did not randomly change the look. They posted last year that they were going to fix them to look like the advert.

STOP with the "they posted it last year" crap.

Or it was posted in the forums so you should have known it was coming.

It is technically true that there was a post stating that the items would be "fixed" to look like the concept art displayed for the cartel packs.

One post.

In one thread.

Out of over three hundred thousand threads.

Obviously enough people did not see this one post in the one out of over three hundred thousand threads to generate over 40 pages of protest in less than 8 hours.

Spooky, thank you for the laugh, I so needed it today!!! =)

Me too, not how I planned on spending my night. Wanted to ding fitty on my wee baby Marauder tonight, but I can't cause he has massive Phantom chestguard issues. Although, I do have that covert torso laying around... But then the gear colors revert and- Crap, just crap.

Folks, I just wanted to let you know that I have been reading all of your comments and I will be sharing your feedback with the developers. If I have any new information, I will post here. Please remember to stay on topic in this thread, and report any Terms of Service violations. Thank you for your patience.

Glad to hear. The spymaster stuff is really, really awful. Tried running dailies, but I just can't stand to look at it. The alternative is to blow tons more moving the mods to another set and my char is flat broke ATM...

Big shoulder pads, shirt turned to a mini skirt, giant head pieces....am I the only one who gets an 80s vibe from all this? I was so glad that decade was over for a reason.

Phantom gloves were some of the ONLY plain black gloves..now they took that away. What the heck happened. Theres almost no plain black gloves in the game. There is also hardly any all black pants.

Least not many options for light armour. Tried for so long to get the damn Saber Marshal's gloves to drop. Was finally delivered by crafted Dark Acolyte's. Almost all other options have those spaceship armour parts or ridiculous syringes tacked on.

Yay for adaptive gear and unify colours working again! \o/

OMG. Now that is a reason to buy the ugly "fixed" Phantom chest piece.

"What does Cipher Nine have between her **** today?

"A nice hunk of Bantha jerky."

STOP with the "they posted it last year" crap.

Or it was posted in the forums so you should have known it was coming.

It is technically true that there was a post stating that the items would be "fixed" to look like the concept art displayed for the cartel packs.

One post.

In one thread.

Out of over three hundred thousand threads.

Obviously enough people did not see this one post in the one out of over three hundred thousand threads to generate over 40 pages of protest in less than 8 hours.

The post actually didn't state WHAT they were going to fix either. Just that the gear should look like the promo, and that they would fix it. But they didn't state whether they were going to fix the gear OR the promo!

Hi folks,

Thanks very much for reporting this to us. We apologize for the mistake and we're working to fix this in an upcoming patch. The gear should look like the way they appear in the promos.

Thank you for your patience with this!

The promo should've been fixed..

I just wonder another thing - why the heck BW is wasting their precious resources - people - on such ridiculous and not realy bothering thing like difference between adverts look and real IG look ????

I though they would focus on an expansion, 100+ bugs, new 6 weeks cycle content.....

*shakes head *

I just wonder another thing - why the heck BW is wasting their precious resources - people - on such ridiculous and not realy bothering thing like difference between adverts look and real IG look ????

I though they would focus on an expansion, 100+ bugs, new 6 weeks cycle content.....

*shakes head *

I sincerely doubt the people working on outfits are the same ones working on bug fixes. I really hope not at least. Nah, they have different teams working on different things. Or so they've said.

Having spent ages searching, modding and augmenting my armour - to then have it changed without warning is a real slap in the face.

I had a great outfit with the Spymaster chestpiece and Phantom lower robe - lovely republic colours pattern, sleek design - now completely ruined. There is no other chestpiece that gives that dark red, white, grey colour scheme. My companion armour was also matching so that is ruined now too.

Please, please Bioware - revert the armour back to the way it was before. I've been a subscriber since launch, having never dropped my subscription. I've also spent a fair number of credits on the cartel market.

For the first time I really feel like cancelling my subscription. Instead of changing the current Spymaster armour why not just add a new Spymaster v2 armour?

Edited by RenegadeClone

This is the last I want to hear about this issue before the name-calling begins. Were not all forum junkies, I prefer to play the game. If BW wants there fanbase to be forum junkies just delete the game and maybe you'll see more activity from me on here, and I'll be able to keep up with all the thousands of posts.

I sincerely doubt the people working on outfits are the same ones working on bug fixes. I really hope not at least. Nah, they have different teams working on different things. Or so they've said.

Programers who code items into game can be used for any coding purpose. And as for artists....I can bet that this must have been gramar art school interns working at BW just for a line in their future resume.

I like simple clean armours of the kind you see characters wearing in the movies.

I would like it changed back.

VERY importent part imo. I can't count all the times I've seen Han Solo wear long coats with huge shoulderpads and cowboy hats with built-in goggles in the movies. Simply because there aren't any.

The thread you are referring to covers two armours changed to match advertising. (I know it has wandered)

I would like to know why this set was changed as it didn't appear in any advertising.

I purchased this armour specifically for the way it used to look. (I hate the shoulder bit and the random patches on the back.)

I like simple clean armours of the kind you see characters wearing in the movies.

I would like it changed back.

Sorry, I totally agree with you!

Changes to Trailblazer really upset me. I just thought it might be good for people to contribute to the other thread too, because staff have been posting there as if it were on the much broader topic of all changes, and I haven't seen them - yet - post in the smaller threads.

And really, this is a broad issue :(