Is this the last Star Wars MMO?

LordRaeth

IMO. Yes, this is final one.

SWG failed miserablly and while i personally enjoyed both SWG and SWTOR, this game has had a hard time holding sub numbers.

I think Starwars makes an awesome mmo, but I am afraid the the big wigs will look at SWG and look at SWTOR and unless SWTOR starts pushing out the massive numbers, they will pass.

I think we will see more console games with RP elements and probally a battelfront 3 well before we see anything like a starwars mmo again.

Then again, who really knows.....I guess we can all hope. Alot of people held onto hope for episode 7, 8 and 9, and now its going to happen . :cool: I admit i did not anticipate that.

Edited by kirorx

Definitely not. I mean, maybe for the next decade but from what I've been seeing, online access in video games is become more and more popular, not just in the form of MMOs. The new Sim City for example, has a 'global market' with player cities across the world all interconnected. And then there's Skyrim, which is producing Skyrim Online. In many franchises it just seems the next logical step.

Basically what I'm saying is as more and more normal videogames start sporting online features and popular franchise beginning producing MMOs, people won't find MMOs so daunting anymore and they'll become more popular. Over the next half century Star Wars isn't going to miss out on that party. I doubt we'll see another any time soon, but yeah, this will not be the last.

If I were to make a guess on what it would be, something like SWG 2. I haven't actually played it but it seemed pretty successful. With the movies on their way and new Star Wars material flowing in I think another MMO set in the original trilogy period might not be a bad idea.

no, the SWG NGE EMU, (sorry for the long anagram) should be fully functional in the next year. If NGE didn't float your boat i know that the PRECU EMU for SWG has gotten the problem with mission terminals and quest givers fixed so we can now grind our TK bounty hunter healers all we like :D

Nope. As long as someone can make a buck they will continue to put out related MMOs. With a new series of movies comeing out I almost guarantee a new SW MMO sometime down the road. It will be a while though. This game will be around for a few years.

No. Not after the Disney acquisition.

As much as I loved SWG, it was time for a change. And it wasn't long ago that this game was circling the proverbial drain in regards to subscriptions. A number of improvements have been made, and more end game content has been added and will continue to do so.

Disney will be watching anything Star Wars related to see if they can capitalize on it. There's little doubt they've done their analyses in regards to the ebbs and flows of this game. Whether this game falters in the near future or not, I would bet the house there will be another Star Wars mmo. With Disney at the helm, the possibilities are limitless.

Edited by Pirana

No, Walt Disney has aquired the license and rights to all lucas film's holdings for $4B. Ive heard through the grapevine that they are interested in developing an MMO. because they cannot tackle such a massive undertaking themselves, ive heard they are interested in obtaining some of the old SWG programmers for the project. the good thing about this is disney loves money, in saying that they will not hire some incompetent ceo or seo with a superiority complex to dictate the fastest way to crash a burning train wreck. they will listen to people and what they want. coming from a company that used to make nazi cartoons, trust me, they wont care if the fat kid down the street is getting pwned and griefed to tears.....and thats why ill pay to play ladies and gentleman. *we got death sta! we got death sta!" Edited by Kelzyne
type o

This game can be saved if they listen to what we want plain and simple. SWG concept was way ahead of the technology that existed at the time is why IMO it failed. I could barely walk through it with out spurts of lag but there was just so much stuff to do and the worlds were huge with the right gaming engine swg would have been better plus the way mmos look now swg would be a totally different game. I still feel swtor can be that game with some additions swg had!

No, Walt Disney has aquired the license and rights to all lucas film's holdings for $4B. Ive heard through the grapevine that they are interested in developing an MMO. because they cannot tackle such a massive undertaking themselves, ive heard they are interested in obtaining some of the old SWG programmers for the project. the good thing about this is disney loves money, in saying that they will not hire some incompetent ceo or seo with a superiority complex to dictate the fastest way to crash a burning train wreck. they will listen to people and what they want. coming from a company that used to make nazi cartoons, trust me, they wont care if the fat kid down the street is getting pwned and griefed to tears.....and thats why ill pay to play ladies and gentleman. *we got death sta! we got death sta!"

nothing you have heard is true.

Also disney never made Nazi cartoons.