Update on Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank god. This was a good call. Speaking from someone who did actually test the rated WZ's, you would have had a lot more outrage from PvPers had it actually gone through. I applaude the fact that you decided to not put it in in the current state. It means that you have actually been listening to some of us.

I'm hoping that the next decision will include a better test of the system by pvpers. We are really looking forward to ranked PvP, we are only so vocal because we want the playing field to be fair and properly worked over so the season is decided by skill and not randomness and exploiting.

i partly agree with this. the ranked warzones need to be implemented properly.

but shouldnt a month+ be enough time to test and work out the bugs?

if bioware is not willing to do the testing internally themselves, either outsource it or allow us to be insta-50 on PTS. just make a quest that gives the exact amount of XP needed to go from 1-50, and done. its not rocket science

I wonder how many people were hoodwinked to resub for just this.

My expectations of having many of the good pvpers who had quit this game come back, has been pretty much dashed.

Oh well, there are games coming that respect the money of a pvper more than this company does. So yay for them!

Edited by Meluna

Thanks BioWare, I fully support your decision in not releasing ranked warzones in 1.2. PvPers want to break the game by releasing it unfinished and filled with bugs, they are the vermin of any MMO. It is nice to see a company caring about their customers experiences and needs, the amount of people that wanted ranked warzones was minimal. Good job BioWare!:D

ya know I was a supporter and defended BW untill now... honestly there were few things I even cared about with the 1.2 update.... transferable set bonuses, a new wz and ranked wzs so I can acctually play with the people I want to play with.. out of those I would rate ranked wzs as the most anticipated and low and behold they pull it... seriously BW if you were trying to get more ppl to cancel subs you more than likely just accomplished that goal, personally I wont cancel yet but this will be the first time it is seriously crossing my mind. The only thing that is even keeping me here is D3 wont be released till may.

Maybe if they put even half the effort from the legacy system into pvp they wouldnt have 90% of the community freaking quiting... legacy system is nice but ****n trivial compaired to pvp I guarntee people would have gladly waited months for the legacy system if it ment dedication to the pvp system

Edited by Venrale

so im guessing all the war hero stuff is not in either and there is a 1 in 4 chance to play a wz thats new otherwise there isnt anything else to do at 50?

raids not included as i dont have time to spam for a pickup group and have never done an op before.

Actually, according to BioWare at the Guild Summit, over half of players PVP on a daily basis. I'm sure this had nothing to do with the fact that one can queue for PVP and not for flashpoints. ;)

I know people who PvP on a daily basis, their in the Hardcore PVE guilds that 3 times a day for their wins unless they lose once and then they rage quit.

Most of them are below valor 30.

Thanks BioWare, I fully support your decision in not releasing ranked warzones in 1.2. PvPers want to break the game by releasing it unfinished and filled with bugs, they are the vermin of any MMO. It is nice to see a company caring about their customers experiences and needs, the amount of people that wanted ranked warzones was minimal. Good job BioWare!:D

Haha.