gear

Scooger

I was wondering where are the best places to get gear? I'm a level 20 sentinel and Ive noticed that there are a lot of players that are lower levels than me but have better gear. i cant seem to figure out where they are getting it. I don't seem to be coming across any as i complete quests or interact with vendors.

I was wondering where are the best places to get gear? I'm a level 20 sentinel and Ive noticed that there are a lot of players that are lower levels than me but have better gear. i cant seem to figure out where they are getting it. I don't seem to be coming across any as i complete quests or interact with vendors.
Random drops from Flashpoints and quest rewards from Heroics and planetary Bonus Series. Not to mention gear available from planetary Commendation vendors.

If you are in to PvP, you can do WZ,s to earn WZ currency and at lvl 20 can buy moddable chest and legs from the PvP vendor on fleet. Not sure about Sentinal but for many classes its the best looking gear at that level.

You can also buy a moddable lvl 14 weapon(s), although the best route is probably to re-mod your first orange sabers.

You can buy orange items with planetary commendations i.e. at lvl 16 Corruscant and at lvl 20 Taris (Blue items only). Planetary bonus quest chains (the first is on Taris) also award moddable gear.

You can run FP,s for good drop loot.

You can buy gear fron the GTN if you have the credits to afford the gear you want.

Finally you can craft gear if you have the apprriate trade skills, and the patience to level it.