Sith Pureblood equals slave?

LeftHandTwin

Now I claim no affinity for the lore of the universe but perhaps someone could give me an explanation for why in the Sith Inquisitor storyline it has been deemed a worthwhile pursuit to have Sith Pureblood characters start off as a slave the equal of a Twi'lek or human?

Now I claim no affinity for the lore of the universe but perhaps someone could give me an explanation for why in the Sith Inquisitor storyline it has been deemed a worthwhile pursuit to have Sith Pureblood characters start off as a slave the equal of a Twi'lek or human?

Well, I believe if a Sith Pureblood carries some form of imperfection they were deemed inferior. Some Sith purebloods not having all five fingers for example were considered lessers and inferior to those that carried all five. Just one such example.

Well, I believe if a Sith Pureblood carries some form of imperfection they were deemed inferior. Some Sith purebloods not having all five fingers for example were considered lessers and inferior to those that carried all five. Just one such example.

This is a matter of confusion for me however as I look exactly the same as "Fash" is it? The Sith Pureblood acolyte that your instructor favours. There are other moments when side quests add to my growing confusion. The security guy asks if I am a traitor to the empire and enquires whether I am Sith enough despite obviously being Pureblood. Not to mention Lord whats-his-face the Sith Pureblood at the giant pyramid in the Academy calls into question my Sith lineage depsite being Pureblood.

This is a matter of confusion for me however as I look exactly the same as "Fash" is it? The Sith Pureblood acolyte that your instructor favours. There are other moments when side quests add to my growing confusion. The security guy asks if I am a traitor to the empire and enquires whether I am Sith enough despite obviously being Pureblood. Not to mention Lord whats-his-face the Sith Pureblood at the giant pyramid in the Academy calls into question my Sith lineage depsite being Pureblood.

I am a Cyborg, and he did not question me, he spoke to me as an equal, and we both complained about the other "unpure" ones. While I am obviously not a Pureblood, but a human, with cybernetic enhancements, or whatever. (Never really got the Cyborg race)

Edited by xeeki

I am a Cyborg, and he did not question me, he spoke to me as an equal, and we both complained about the other "unpure" ones. While I am obviously not a Pureblood, but a human, with cybernetic enhancements, or whatever. (Never really got the Cyborg race)

Right, and also you have to realize that in this time period "Sith Pureblood" is a misnomer. Their blood ISN'T pure. Kinda like the "pure one race" groups in real life.... how many can truly say they are 100% one ethnic group all the way back to the start? Sith (the species) has been breeding with humans for years. They aren't pure. They may still look red with spiky faces and call themselves pureblood, but they stopped being TRUE Purebloods when humans arrived on Korriban and taught them the ways of the Force.

This is part of why that quest with the guy having your scan the Academy Lords is here... The guy is finding out that few ACTUAL 100% PUREBLOOD remain.

It's because Sith Purebloods weren't intended to be Inquisitors, but due to popular demand, the devs decided the awkward dialogue in the beginning of the game would be forgivable. Thus, every Sith Inquisitor interaction was written without Pureblood in mind.

Source: Interviews with Daniel Erickson

Edited by Darth_Vicente

The irony is that the Sith Purebloods of this period...are almost exclusively decedents of human/Sith hybrids. Evan as far back as the Great Hyperspace War, the Sith had been interbreeding with humans for a long time already.

So, Blood Purity my shiny metal arse.

I just have 2 points to add to this thread.

1) In the Empire, humans are the dominant race, and every other race is considered 'aliens,' including even the purebloods, although purebloods do get a little more respect being Sith and all, not to mention, all current 'Purebloods' are actually Human/Sith hybrids.

2) It is clearly stated on the SWTOR lore here in the race descriptions and elsewhere that ancient sith (race) society was segrated into a very rigid caste system with Lords and Nobles, Commoners, and yes, Slaves.

Starting a pureblood as a low-caste sith pureblood does not break lore, nor does it go against anything the Empire stands for.

Fash? It's Ffon. And it's not just aesthetics that play a part in determining class.

Edited by bloodygustav

One of the opening chapters of the Book Reven has a nice break down of how/why this is possible. Usually when the pureblood has no connection to the force, but Basically the family mad some major mistakes and just because your a pureblood, doesn't mean you could never be a slave.

I just have 2 points to add to this thread.

1) In the Empire, humans are the dominant race, and every other race is considered 'aliens,' including even the purebloods, although purebloods do get a little more respect being Sith and all, not to mention, all current 'Purebloods' are actually Human/Sith hybrids.

2) It is clearly stated on the SWTOR lore here in the race descriptions and elsewhere that ancient sith (race) society was segrated into a very rigid caste system with Lords and Nobles, Commoners, and yes, Slaves.

Starting a pureblood as a low-caste sith pureblood does not break lore, nor does it go against anything the Empire stands for.

Because this needed to be posted again for clarity.

Slavery existed before the dark jedi ever discovered the Sith people. That means Sith were slaves, yep. So being a 'Pureblood' slave is in no way, shape, or form, lore-breaking or out of theme.

It's because of a power grab done by one of your ancestors

You actually meet the ghost of the Sith lord that rebelled against Tulak Hord, your ancestor

It's not unheard of for Sith Purebloods to be slaves, they became in fact originally slaves to the first dark jedi that arrived on Korriban

Why do people think a Sith cannot have pureblood?

"Hey, what's the race called again? Sith Pureblood? That must mean that it actually isn't pure."

not can't ... don't

according to posted storyline for this game Sith Pureblood is something of a contradiction. They are descendants of the Original Sith but all are Hybridized to a greater or Lesser extent.

I also noticed this, but have not played a second Sith Inquisitor of a different race to see if this is a class storyline issue or specific to a Sith Pureblood Inquisitor.

Edit: Having just rolled a Rat Inquisitor and a Sith Warrior I can say conclusively that the storyline writers made Inquisitors liberated slaves regardless of Race.

On that note, while there is nothing specific in lore to support Sith 'Purebloods' being slaves aside from basic Imperial cruelty neither does it specifically protect 'Purebloods' from being Victims

Edited by Acushla

It's because of a power grab done by one of your ancestors

You actually meet the ghost of the Sith lord that rebelled against Tulak Hord, your ancestor

It's not unheard of for Sith Purebloods to be slaves, they became in fact originally slaves to the first dark jedi that arrived on Korriban

^^^^^ This. The spoiler explains it. Feel free to read it, or not. If you choose not to read it, then suffice it to say, this question will be answered in time as you play through the Sith Inquisitor storyline.

"They're all sort of frumpy, aren't they? Because it's a bad idea when cousins marry." - Eddie Izzard

Read the Novels. Particularly TOR: Revan.

2 Sith purebloods are mentioned prominently in the book. One is a Sith force user, the other, had his station within the empire not as prestigious as it was, would have most likely have been a slave. He was a not force sensitive. A fact which caused the other sith much discomfort.

So yes. It is entirely possible for Sith to be slaves. If they were weak enough...