Directive7 Hard mode, Final boss

I've done the encounter a few times on normal and hard.

Last night after 4 tries on the final boss, we gave up. We've done it before without any issue.

What would happen is the final stage would trigger (Mentor's green beam & bombs etc) halfway through the first phase... specifically after the first power core was destroyed.

I guess the question is: is the encounter bugged for anyone else? It never did that on hardmode for us before, so i wonder if we should just avoid it or try it again?

I've done the encounter a few times on normal and hard.

Last night after 4 tries on the final boss, we gave up. We've done it before without any issue.

What would happen is the final stage would trigger (Mentor's green beam & bombs etc) halfway through the first phase... specifically after the first power core was destroyed.

I guess the question is: is the encounter bugged for anyone else? It never did that on hardmode for us before, so i wonder if we should just avoid it or try it again?

Its always done that for us, he only does it for a little while though, not like the end where he does it until you kill him. We get it every single time a power core is destroyed.

Its always done that for us, he only does it for a little while though, not like the end where he does it until you kill him. We get it every single time a power core is destroyed.
ive done it a few times now and confirmed with online sites, the green laser and bombs are final phase when you have to burn him down... otherwise it's just turrets, cores+turrets, guardian, rinse and repeat.

i suppose if its only temporary i can try it again... it was hard to heal given the stage and everyone being spread out. if its temporary i think it can be weathered.

Read Patch notes.
patch notes address bulwark, interrogator and replicator.

not mentor.

Edited by Pagy