Anger and fear.

Path-x

thats what I said in the first post about your categorization: you attach values to actions; you say that this is and that is pointless - to me, it holds the same value, if they enjoy it, then why not. ultimate goals seems to be much of a burden and chore that you need to follow every day to have something.

one little force choke, suffocating drives endorphines, she was definately enjoying herself in his grip. I dont exactly remember that scene, but he thought that she is conspiring with Obi Wan, heck, I wouldnt be even surprised if he thought that she is romancing him, of course, dark side affected him, but it was his own fault in the first place, he seemed to be irrational and impulsive from the start.

who knows, maybe their bitterness bloomed because of the dark side influence - but teenage girl nontheless.

and that is how we skipped main topic to focus on your categories.

OK I see, and I agree. But my point was not so much that the actions/goals of Raw Sith and Focused Sith lacked value. But that they were not their own. Before they embraced the dark side those desires were non-existent, but were manifested by the dark side which drove them to do things, normally to seek power. In such away they lose some of their autonomy, and their identity.

And no, I don't think Padme got any kind of kick by being suffocated by her love. And even if in some crazy universe she did, I doubt that was Anakin's intention. Take a look at the scene

Sure Anakin is rash and impulsive, but non-dark side Anakin would never had done that. Consider the events but minus the Force and the dark side. Let's say Anakin joins the non-Force sensitive Emperor so they can use the resources of the galaxy to create a cure to save Padme. But in exchange he has to do 'immoral' things for the Emperor to establish his Galactic Empire. Padme disagrees and tries to stop him, Obi Wan appears. Would Anakin make the assumption that Padme brought Obi Wan there to kill him? No, she would never do that, she loved him and Anakin knew that. And it wasn't true anyway.

And listen to what Obi Wan says:

Anakin: You will not take her from me!

Obi Wan: Your anger and your lust for power have already done that.

Yes, of course this view is coloured by his Jedi beliefs. But it rings true, Anakin had become blinded by the dark side and deluded that he hadn't just force choked Padme to near death. And that if she ever recovered, she would possibly join him. Big dark side cloud over his head.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK I see, and I agree. But my point was not so much that the actions/goals of Raw Sith and Focused Sith lacked value. But that they were not their own. Before they embraced the dark side those desires were non-existent, but were manifested by the dark side which drove them to do things, normally to seek power. In such away they lose some of their autonomy, and their identity.

And no, I don't think Padme got any kind of kick by being suffocated by her love. And even if in some crazy universe she did, I doubt that was Anakin's intention. Take a look at the scene

Sure Anakin is rash and impulsive, but non-dark side Anakin would never had done that. Consider the events but minus the Force and the dark side. Let's say Anakin joins the non-Force sensitive Emperor so they can use the resources of the galaxy to create a cure to save Padme. But in exchange he has to do 'immoral' things for the Emperor to establish his Galactic Empire. Padme disagrees and tries to stop him, Obi Wan appears. Would Anakin make the assumption that Padme brought Obi Wan there to kill him? No, she would never do that, she loved him and Anakin knew that. And it wasn't true anyway.

And listen to what Obi Wan says:

Anakin: You will not take her from me!

Obi Wan: Your anger and your lust for power have already done that.

Yes, of course this view is coloured by his Jedi beliefs. But it rings true, Anakin had become blinded by the dark side and deluded that he hadn't just force choked Padme to near death. And that if she ever recovered, she would possibly join him. Big dark side cloud over his head.

their ambition before embracing the dark side, depends on who it was, a jedi was obliged to follow the code, so his ambition were different, he maybe disagreed and wanted things differently but he obeyed. also some non cultist force user, if his usage of force was basic and then he learned how to harness it then of course he understood what he is able to do better than before so his goals changed.

now when I watched it, I'm more than sure that she deserved to die, from the beginning he said that Obi Wan cared about THEM what Anakin repeauts "US?" , then she step back from him, she is telling him that he was a good man, then she admits that obi wan was right, she says that she knows him no longer and all that horrible mumbling which follows it. she even step back. no wonder that his own nature and dark side made a little bit of explosive effect. what he proposed her was better than what they had, also, she, like a naive girl proposed to move somewhere, her persistance in denying right to his vision about her death and ignorance - well, that whole clip was irritating to be honest, another silly woman with their idealistic approach. he cared about her, so what the difference if he killed younglings, obliterated half of the galaxy or not. she was his solely obsession. she didnt say that he chose difficult path, or sacrifised order to save her etc. she just started to whine. it is much more her fault than his for what happend.

he would probably assume, if Obi Wan, was some kind of moralist who completely disagreed with Anakins actions, especially after events of killing some kids then there is high possibility he would act this way, even without force.

I doubt that she would join him, shes, well, clearly too stupid for that.

their ambition before embracing the dark side, depends on who it was, a jedi was obliged to follow the code, so his ambition were different, he maybe disagreed and wanted things differently but he obeyed. also some non cultist force user, if his usage of force was basic and then he learned how to harness it then of course he understood what he is able to do better than before so his goals changed.

now when I watched it, I'm more than sure that she deserved to die, from the beginning he said that Obi Wan cared about THEM what Anakin repeauts "US?" , then she step back from him, she is telling him that he was a good man, then she admits that obi wan was right, she says that she knows him no longer and all that horrible mumbling which follows it. she even step back. no wonder that his own nature and dark side made a little bit of explosive effect. what he proposed her was better than what they had, also, she, like a naive girl proposed to move somewhere, her persistance in denying right to his vision about her death and ignorance - well, that whole clip was irritating to be honest, another silly woman with their idealistic approach. he cared about her, so what the difference if he killed younglings, obliterated half of the galaxy or not. she was his solely obsession. she didnt say that he chose difficult path, or sacrifised order to save her etc. she just started to whine. it is much more her fault than his for what happend.

he would probably assume, if Obi Wan, was some kind of moralist who completely disagreed with Anakins actions, especially after events of killing some kids then there is high possibility he would act this way, even without force.

I doubt that she would join him, shes, well, clearly too stupid for that.

Maybe, maybe not. But that defines what kind of Sith they are.

they are all just Sith, troubled beings full of golden hearts - on a platter.
Golden Hearts? Not really. Most Sith would probably disagree. Troubled beings yes, but stages of trouble, Raw, Focused and Uber Focused. To be dark side is to be in constant struggle with the Force, these categories represent what stages in that struggle Sith reach. Few Sith fully overcome the Force. The problem is that sometimes you have to be prepared to let go of power, and most Sith simply aren't prepared to do that.

he issued collective responsibility - also, it says bad about officers to be alive when captain is dead, they were obliged to resist and fight but they prioritized their own survival. I would say that he was merciful on them, he should torture them for failure.

And this is why everyone kills themselves on the Black Talon, when you kill the Captain. :p

Thrawn at least knew better. :p The Sith and much of the Empirial Officers, are dumb.

Golden Hearts? Not really. Most Sith would probably disagree. Troubled beings yes, but stages of trouble, Raw, Focused and Uber Focused. To be dark side is to be in constant struggle with the Force, these categories represent what stages in that struggle Sith reach. Few Sith fully overcome the Force. The problem is that sometimes you have to be prepared to let go of power, and most Sith simply aren't prepared to do that.

no stages, dont make your fanfic a canon terminology.

and to SithKorisomething, dont remember name: most probably that Driod killed them all by Moff's order

no stages, dont make your fanfic a canon terminology.

and to SithKorisomething, dont remember name: most probably that Driod killed them all by Moff's order

Nice to see you've read it :D

But yes its just a theory. But I do think that there are different types of Sith, and I do believe that to be a Sith you have to be strong willed. Because your effectively doing battle with the Force.

And yes I agree, that Droid so killed them all. He mentions his skills include 'man-slaughter' *hint* *hint* that droid had a part in it. But I also agree that Sith often make rash and wasteful decisions as they often lack control of their emotions - killing enemies or in-subordinates, when they would have been more useful to them alive. Anger is useful, but only when focused and controlled.

Nice to see you've read it :D

But yes its just a theory. But I do think that there are different types of Sith, and I do believe that to be a Sith you have to be strong willed. Because your effectively doing battle with the Force.

And yes I agree, that Droid so killed them all. He mentions his skills include 'man-slaughter' *hint* *hint* that droid had a part in it. But I also agree that Sith often make rash and wasteful decisions as they often lack control of their emotions - killing enemies or in-subordinates, when they would have been more useful to them alive. Anger is useful, but only when focused and controlled.

<.< <.> >.>, ye

I prefer simple approach, depending on personality, some are focused because thats their personality trait, other enjoy to loose and lose themselves in emotions.

I dont know, after all, some private Bob is not much of a waste, well, some waste for sure

<.< <.> >.>, ye

I prefer simple approach, depending on personality, some are focused because thats their personality trait, other enjoy to loose and lose themselves in emotions.

I dont know, after all, some private Bob is not much of a waste, well, some waste for sure

Your right, not all Sith can be put into boxes. But I rarely have respect for Sith who just kill and destroy, I prefer those cold and calculating ones who have a clear plan, and a way of achieving it, who don't get angry and rage, who control their emotions but still wield considerable power.

This is why I like Darth Traya, I also like Jadus, Marr, Malgus and Sidious. For similar reasons.

A little of topic, but who is your favourite Sith Lord? And what makes you respect them?

Your right, not all Sith can be put into boxes. But I rarely have respect for Sith who just kill and destroy, I prefer those cold and calculating ones who have a clear plan, and a way of achieving it, who don't get angry and rage, who control their emotions but still wield considerable power.

This is why I like Darth Traya, I also like Jadus, Marr, Malgus and Sidious. For similar reasons.

A little of topic, but who is your favourite Sith Lord? And what makes you respect them?

I like cold and calculating too, but without a purpose, just nihilistic ones.

that is a tough questions, as I exclusively keep my respect for myself, but, I think that there might be a Sith

Lord/Lords that I may like for few details they performed

Nihilus- for primal focus on hunger

Scourge - for sophistication and rich vocabulary, the way he speaks, calm and noble

Malgus - for executing his biggest lekku weakness ( althou he fell to depression afterwards, so no that great after all )

Vitiate - for his carelessness, he is not bothered by almost anything ( althou, I dont like his rise to power, gaining it throu rituals - I prefer force users who are naturally born with a enormous force power like Sith Warrior )

Chratis - for his approach to teachings

Ruin - for his teachings

Qui-Gon Jinn - hes not a Sith but Neeson portrayed him so I like him :F

there might be few more, but I mainly focus just on a certain traits

• 8 months later...

That's the thing about the Sith. I don't think they're just all about 'unleash your emotions' like that. They use emotions as a primer for fueling their power. But anyone who is controlled by any emotion has a serious disadvantage. This is true of pride, anger, fear, hatred, love. Take Vader, the mad dog of the Emperor. Anakin's fear of loss was so overwhelming that he just had to drag his rear and save Sidious from Windu's wrath. But for Sidious' control of him to be rock solid, the Sith Lord needed Vader to lose all connections to the world at large, or else Vader would ever be in danger of redemption. Proof of this is Luke's ability to redeem him, twenty-two years after turning to the Dark Side.

So, the Sith preach not fearing any and all emotion, fear and anger included. In fact, a Sith should embrace them. But a true Sith Master would not give away the tricks of the trade, would he? A Sith given to too much passion was as likely to wind up dead as not. Like Darth Maul. A Sith who knows to channel his passion can come on top. Like Dooku, who flew about the galaxy aggravating the Jedi Order unstopped for three long years. Or like Sidious, who waited some forty years until he could have his revenge against the Jedi Order. But no Sith Lord, succesful or not, shielded themselves from their fear. The fear was always there, always lurking - Sidious feared any being who could grow more powerful than himself (such as Luke). But it wasn't crippling fear, that clouds the judgement. It prompted the SIth to take appropriate measures to prevent the dreaded situation from presenting itself (such as purging not only the Jedi Order, but Force-users in general).

I disagree with you guys. In game that may be true but in real life it just doesn't work that way.

In real life, I can't cause electricity to spring from my fingertips and fry the person who dared to cut in front of me in line.

If your argument is that Star Wars doesn't depict reality, I'd say it's a true but meaningless observation.

I disagree with you guys. In game that may be true but in real life it just doesn't work that way. If one is performing some task (physical or mental) and something upset him and makes him angry he will lose focus and things will only get worse (I am sure everyone can confirm that from experience).

You are confusing anger with something else.Maybe raging out due to helplessness or something like that.Like breaking your keyboard because you died in a warzone.

When i am training being in a meditative state will not help me with the last few push ups.Getting angry and motivated will.

Also sith rely on their passion for their strength .Anger,hate,etc is just an ingredient needed to cast dark side spells and to use the dark side in general.

Most importantly what works in real life doesn't apply,the Dark Side of the Force in this sci-fi/fantasy universe works in specific ways,which doesn't have to mimic real life.Anger doesn't unbalance an experienced and successful sith.

You are confusing anger with something else.Maybe raging out due to helplessness or something like that.Like breaking your keyboard because you died in a warzone.

When i am training being in a meditative state will not help me with the last few push ups.Getting angry and motivated will.

Also sith rely on their passion for their strength .Anger,hate,etc is just an ingredient needed to cast dark side spells and to use the dark side in general.

Most importantly what works in real life doesn't apply,the Dark Side of the Force in this sci-fi/fantasy universe works in specific ways,which doesn't have to mimic real life.Anger doesn't unbalance an experienced and successful sith.

Lol, let me guess you listen to this while training?

Or perhaps you prefer to recite the Sith Code? :p

But no I agree, there is a difference between anger and frustration. Frustration does exactly what the quoted poster says, it breaks concentration and focus. But anger can do the opposite, and remember in the Star Wars universe anger is a far more tangible thing that can be funneled and directed - essentially it can be controlled.