Attention Citizens: The Rakghoul Plague Outbreak

JovethGonzalez

If this plague only affected Tatooine or fleet, then your post would make sense. However, I have been infected on TYTHON.

So? You die on TYTHON a lot? lol

1. You can spot if someone is about to explode and got enough time to avoid it (he is stunned in that time)

2. Infected? Big deal, ignore it and as soon as you reach stage 2 of the disease, do a suicide at a choosen time (no repair cost). With the 5 DNA samples you get upon death you can get enough money to buy 5-50 vaccinces (depends on your server), which should suffice.

This is really a non issue, some of the most unfounded whining i ever witnessed...

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am loving this event, personally; I just wish it didn't take so long to die of the plague. Well, that and it seems there are a number of folk who are using the event to prey on anyone not hyper-attentive to the presence of flagged opposing faction folk (I've had the misfortune of being ganked for mistargeting, which is entirely my own fault... but I also have had the very unpleasant experience of having a flagged Empire group of the guild "Dark Skyes" deliberately run into one of my AoE attacks to flag me, then proceed to gang-bang me and then, corpse camp me to force me to leave the area/return to medical center).

That bit of ugliness aside, it has been quite a lot of fun.

I just hope I can get enough time to finish out the containment outfit before the event ends.... my play time is constrained by work. (Damn all this real life, interfering with my fun!)

Great another week of avoiding Fleet.

Cannot log in an alt without getting grieved.

If you see someone infected move away from them ... its not that hard, it doesnt' affect your stats, it doesn't affect your gear when you die...i mean honesty its not that hard to either pay the 2k Credits or get away from them before they explode.

1. Mail alt 2000 credits

2. Buy vaccine on alt

3. Be immune for 6 hours of ingame time

1. Try game first time on a Weekend Pass, so without an alt.

2. Get quests (Advanced Class, Class Skills, Take Shuttle to capitol, Esseles/Black Talon for Social quest) on starter worlds to go to Fleet, plus the only personal bank you will have seen.

3. Spend 1/5th of all your credits on a vaccine.

Reminds me of the Zombie event in Wow. Stay out of the cities, hangout in the wilderness with Track Undead up. Any dots that appear on your map, SHOOT first, ask questions later.

Don't speak of that "game" here! It shall be referred to as the "Game that must not be named"!

Totally agree. Couldn't log in yesterday and might not be able today, was getting a bit anxious. Happy to hear that I have some time left!

Vaccine is 2000 credits, which is effectively nothing, every six hours of being logged in. /care? Just buy/use it and voila, you don't have to explode ever.

I love it. dont like getting the sickness? buy the vaccine its only 2k credits. or stay away from populated areas.

i dont see what the big deal is. the sickness doesnt decay your attributes and when you explode you dont have any repair, and you get credits towards purchases the new crystals... i dont see the downside here other then seeing a visual green gas coming out your arse, lol

i dont see what the big deal is. the sickness doesnt decay your attributes and when you explode you dont have any repair, and you get credits towards purchases the new crystals... i dont see the downside here other then seeing a visual green gas coming out your arse, lol

/agree

What the hell is the issue? It does kill you, yes.. so what. If ur level 10 and you die, what happens? Nada! thats what. "Like O.M.G. Becky... i had to click my mouse on the revive button...can you believe that????!!!! *** OMG!!!!"

Get a grip. It's a game. If you can't handle something like this then you should stop playing ALL games now, because the future of MMO"s and other games is to be more progressive with entertaining the masses, and that means... yup you guessed it... randomness. Live events. Bugs. All sorts of weird cray cray stuff!!

Citizens have until this time to completely avoid Tatooine and to not engage in investigations of suspicious wreckage on its surface.

Do not press that button.

Do not go there.

Do not investigate this wreckage.

Hear that? Whatever you do, don't eat the delicious cards.

the cost of vaccine argument is a non starter. all you need to do is stand near the group on fleet get infected, then 10 mins later you get the fever, wait a bit and ask for people who need to be infected, get 10 people and you get the mission plaugebearer guess what one of the rewards is x 5? thats right vaccine. goto tatooine there is a vendor sells items for dna samples you get from being infected......custom skins for companions, special event pet. crazy colored gems for your weapons....and more. tons of exp and tons of fun in open world pvp. 32 player groups for the world bosses, totally re injected life into a grinding part of my game THANKS BIOWARE!

200creds? your companion makes that in 1 hr either materials vended to npc or lockboxes etc.... no excuses just qq qq...... give them something new and they find something to whine and moan about .......dosent matter how many peopel find it fun only the misfits out for lulz make topics like this one. please i wish i had a time machine so i can fast forward until the malcontents go play diablow or guildwars reboot......oh how i wish.

The event is fine. I am one that will not get infected. It might cost me credits to keep my characters clean and safe, but well worth not dying every 20 minutes or so. Nice event but adding a reward of a reusable vaccine would be nice to the vendor or the medical droids. Also if a character who logs in everyday and never gets the disease they should get the title of the uninfectable.

Attention citizens:

We are happy to announce that we are starting to make progress in the neutralization of the Rakghoul Plague Outbreak. It is our hope that the outbreak will be completely contained by April 24th at 2AM CDT (12AM PDT/3AM EDT/8AM BST/9AM CEST/5PM AEST). Citizens have until this time to completely avoid Tatooine and to not engage in investigations of suspicious wreckage on its surface.

Thank you.

Put a smile on my face, Mr. Gonzalez :D

Attention citizens:

We are happy to announce that we are starting to make progress in the neutralization of the Rakghoul Plague Outbreak. It is our hope that the outbreak will be completely contained by April 24th at 2AM CDT (12AM PDT/3AM EDT/8AM BST/9AM CEST/5PM AEST). Citizens have until this time to completely avoid Tatooine and to not engage in investigations of suspicious wreckage on its surface.

Thank you.

BioWare, you guys need to slap some last minute penalty on those who "exploded" after the event is over and give some kind of reward for those of us who worked our butts off in-game avoiding infecting others and exploding. Avoiding the infection was harder than getting it in spades.

The amount of whining about this event is laughable.

There is literally no reason for someone to get upset about it at all. First off, unless you are AFK it is IMPOSSIBLE to get "ganked", "harassed", or whatever other nonsense people are claiming. When a person is about to explode, which is the ONLY time you can get infected, they are literally rooted in place for a few seconds before they actually explode, which means people aren't running around griefing you, you're just too stupid or lazy to move your character a few feet away. Second, even if you do get infected, it doesn't effect your gameplay at all. You can go do whatever it is you want to do until you explode, which not only doesn't hurt your armor, but you can re-spawn right where you died instantly!

This event just goes to prove that MMO players are whiniest bunch of babies on the planet. Instead of selling security keys they should package these games with pacifiers so that the next time you feel like crying like little girls you can shove that in your trap and suck it.

Or if you PVP as a melee class, you are going to get infected. Or if you use a fleet pass of any kind you are going to get infected. (On my server the "place to stand" is at the spawn point in fleet.) Heck if you PVP you can't even keep your immunity as it goes away the first time you die. I've spent over 20,000 credits on vaccinations in two days.

Also to this:

This event just goes to prove that MMO players are whiniest bunch of babies on the planet. Instead of selling security keys they should package these games with pacifiers so that the next time you feel like crying like little girls you can shove that in your trap and suck it.

Let me explain something to you...

Serious Star Wars fans care about the game maintaining the feel of Star Wars. We care about the game making sense.

Maybe the Devs don't care, I can't say, but if there is something wrong with caring about the game making sense and being serious then I don't want to be right.

We are true fans. Without us there would have been no Expanded Universe. There would have been no "Knights of the Old Republic" there would be no "The Old Republic" because it was the true fans that kept the franchise alive. We bought the books. We bought the comics. We bought things like "Lego Millennium Falcon" and paid $150 for a Force FX Lightsaber. We played the RPGs and we attended the conventions. Those of us who take the franchise seriously deserve a little respect.

I don't want to see Mohawk Grenades, I don't want to see "Lynx Sword", I don't want to see "The One Ring", or any other stupid and immersion breaking items in TOR.

This current event is an event that rewards you counter intuitively for catching a fatal disease and infecting others with it when it should instead reward you for avoiding that and stopping those who are infected.

Edited by ProfessorWalsh

It's been an absolutely amazing event so far. Had the most laughs the game's been able to provide so far, and open world pvp has been thriving on Tatooine - which is downright marvellous! Spent hours and hours enjoying my time there.

Thanks BW.

The amount of whining about this event is laughable.

There is literally no reason for someone to get upset about it at all. First off, unless you are AFK it is IMPOSSIBLE to get "ganked", "harassed", or whatever other nonsense people are claiming. When a person is about to explode, which is the ONLY time you can get infected, they are literally rooted in place for a few seconds before they actually explode, which means people aren't running around griefing you, you're just too stupid or lazy to move your character a few feet away. Second, even if you do get infected, it doesn't effect your gameplay at all. You can go do whatever it is you want to do until you explode, which not only doesn't hurt your armor, but you can re-spawn right where you died instantly!

I so agree with this, lol.

Like everything else, the issue is choice. I can't opt out if I choose not to participate. The plague event should have been flagged with an opt out choice. If they did that, all the problems would have gone away. Ultimately it is a PvP attack you can't avoid.

Oh and at high levels I have no problems with credits but at lower levels there were times when I had to scramble to pay the fuel cost to get questing...