Resolve Bar for PvE Content… Must Needed Change...

Jamalzero

Am I the only one thats tired of being pulled 6 times pushed 4 times and stunned 12 times from mobs on planets??? there needs to be a resolve bar for PvE content… just simply code the same thing thats in PvP to PvE you do this all the time when someone cries about a certain class let the change for this work the same please… I go to any planet on a range class or melee and i get pushed by every NPC that runs up to me and pulled by the ones that just pushed me back…

I mean think about it since Bosses and some NPCs are immune to knock backs it would be fair if we had a resolve so that we could resist 6 sec of their crap as well…….

**EDIT**

to site a great example the Bonus boss on Hammer Station… that boss stuns everything in 30m for 3 sec every 20 sec… it would be nice to just be immune to it every once and a while if the fight lasts that long. and I'm not saying this makes the game impossible I'm saying its annoying and bullcrap that NPCs can stun lock / pull every 3-5 sec / push every 3-5 sec when in PvP you can't due to the resolve bar.

Edited by Jamalzero

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Resolve bar is still pretty wonky. Still getting thrown around in PvP like a rag doll without the bar filling up, and when I do something the bar fills up 90% or so. And then it doesn't last long when it gets finally triggered.

Don't think it needs to work for PvE though, the fact you feel it's needed there is because of a a serious design oversight. People have suggested some cooldown increase on NPC abilities before, a big request for that when Oricon came.

Developers have admitted before that they know it's no fun to get stun locked & thrown around like a rag doll, at least the PvP team, which is part of why there is a resolve bar.

When Oricon came part of it's difficulty was all the rag doll effect, people commented then that it seemed the developers had run out of creative ideas to add difficulty.

I think for a development team it's easier to adjust cooldowns on specific abilities than to add a resolve effect to each and every ability they put on any random NPC you might encounter. Cooldowns can also be tweaked more as time goes on. Adding to the cooldowns gives you a more constant rag doll annoyance reduction, instead of a resolve bar that would probably end before you get to benefit from it.

That said, I don't have a problem with resolve added to PvE, just adding another suggestion to the options.

Don't think it needs to work for PvE though, the fact you feel it's needed there is because of a a serious design oversight. People have suggested some cooldown increase on NPC abilities before, a big request for that when Oricon came.

Well... that would kind of help for the champion mobs on Oricon, but it does nothing for large mobs. Take Hammer Station HM, where every single npc of strong rating has a knockback. Or the black hole heroic... pull push pull push pull push... Doesn't matter how long the cooldown is, they use it as soon as they can, in turns.

Well... that would kind of help for the champion mobs on Oricon, but it does nothing for large mobs. Take Hammer Station HM, where every single npc of strong rating has a knockback. Or the black hole heroic... pull push pull push pull push... Doesn't matter how long the cooldown is, they use it as soon as they can, in turns.

A solution to that could be an AoE debuff when one uses that ability to disable all the NPCs in the area of getting it on cooldown. Either that ot BW should make more different NPCs (can have the same name and all, just missing those abilities) and make sure there are fewer with those abilities around.

A resolve bar should work for that too, but not sure which solution might be more work so still want to offer alternative options so developers might pick something.

It got messy when they put it on every random NPC to add a challenge, hope they get more creative with the next new content at least.

Edited by Lyshar

while it can be annoying solo, I don't mind it too much. its when trying to tank in a group, that's where I get annoyed. becasue

1 - you cannot interrupt instant cast abilities.

2. not all of them stun you, some just throw you around, so stun breakers are worthless. and your gap closer still has cooldown and it just makes tanking more stressful. it can already be challenging when your group is spread out and you are tanking on a jug with no pull or ranged attacks to speak of :/

not sure if resolve bar will solve it. I'd rather they lay off instant cast ragdolling abilities. keep the ones you can interrupt, becasue at least those you can do something about.

You're still alive Jamal?

Anywho the boss mobs for the Oricon heroic that do continuous stuns would be appreciated for this.

Yeah I'm still alive lol

After the 1st reply i thought the thread would die so i didn't revisit it until today to see the support it got lol

Black Hole is the biggest headache ever… doing that on a Sorc is so frustrating i have given up on Soloing the heroic. On my Merc/Jug/Op/Sniper/PT/Sin I can do it solo but its still annoying but on my sorc where i have to channel every thing and i get stunned/pushed/pulled every 2 sec its a bit much and even if I'm in a group BC my sorc is almost 180 geared i rip aggro quick and the same thing happens.

while it can be annoying solo, I don't mind it too much. its when trying to tank in a group, that's where I get annoyed. becasue

1 - you cannot interrupt instant cast abilities.

2. not all of them stun you, some just throw you around, so stun breakers are worthless. and your gap closer still has cooldown and it just makes tanking more stressful. it can already be challenging when your group is spread out and you are tanking on a jug with no pull or ranged attacks to speak of :/

not sure if resolve bar will solve it. I'd rather they lay off instant cast ragdolling abilities. keep the ones you can interrupt, becasue at least those you can do something about.

Yeah this is my point and in Fps like say the Tactical ones and you're 4 DPSing it (i know you could queue group but not all of us do this all the time) the Jedi/Sith boss at the end of KDY my God what was Bioware thinking…. that Boss is by far the Nightmare of any Range DPS you can't sit still to do anything for more than 8 sec (half a rotation) i get that they might have thought lets get the newbies raid awareness up early so when they hit 55 they will move out of stupid… but 2 AOE stuns every 5 sec and a knock back every 15 sec is a bit much not to mention once you get the bastard down to 25% or so he jump to you (interrupting your current channel) and stunning you for 2 sec with project… and he does this to everyone randomly (possible to get hit 3 times in a row) I like the trooper guy and the droid more than the Jedi/sith… OH and don't let me move only to have been pushed INTO an AOE stun from someone that was behind me…. i hate flying through the air only to land and then CHOKE or LIFT then while I'm choked he places another one down b4 i can get out of the first one and then DOUBLE CHOKE…..

Edited by Jamalzero

The only MMO out there that I know and did it good...Lord of the Rings Online. After your character gets stunned or otherwise controled and after the effect expires you get a buff that lasts a minute or so (don't remember the exact amout of time, been a while) and during this time you cannot be stunned/dazed/blinded again.

Works great in both pve and pvp.

Hey Jamal

Hey hows it going? Did mom tell you I got advanced to the next pay grade off the last exam cycle? Im now an YN2/E-5. WOOT WOOT! :D

The only MMO out there that I know and did it good...Lord of the Rings Online. After your character gets stunned or otherwise controled and after the effect expires you get a buff that lasts a minute or so (don't remember the exact amout of time, been a while) and during this time you cannot be stunned/dazed/blinded again.

Works great in both pve and pvp.

If only they incorporated that into this game… Blackhole would be soooooooo much better… Half the reason I don't do dailies now… Id rather speed run through Red Reaper (10min FP at lv 55 and a nice 65k Pay off… Much faster than dailies with a better income).

Edited by Jamalzero

At least a chance to resist those effects would be nice. It would be even nicer if it would be an ability for a class that is hard to do in the solo PvE such as a Sage/Sorc. Don't throw stones! Maybe it's all about L2P, but my Sage has no survavibility on her own, and I am reluctant to try a Sorc solo, and the only reason is that I am not sure I can manage the game after my Sage had to call in the cavalry on every damn class quest Boss battle, Okay? Edited by DomiSotto

Just interrupt them.

LOL!

Bioware's love of stuns, knockbacks, pushes and pulls extends into PvE enough that I would love to see Resolve extend into PvE as well...Resolve sucks, but it's better than nothing.

6 mobs with push and pulls (instantaneous btw) 1 interrupt............. you do the math.....

This. Plus, honoring the resolve outside of PvP would allow PvE focused players to become acquainted with the mechanic and when it's best to use their CC break and other cool downs, helping them transition to PvP if they get a late start. With the PvP relics being so eagerly sought by raiders, I know plenty of people who only begin PvP at level 55 just to get them. Having a head start on dealing with resolve would be beneficial. Besides, I think it would just make the daily grinds more fun if the mechanic was there and gave you something extra with which you can interact.

Edited by JasonNH

This. Plus, honoring the resolve outside of PvP would allow PvE focused players to become acquainted with the mechanic and when it's best to use their CC break and other cool downs, helping them transition to PvP if they get a late start. With the PvP relics being so eagerly sought by raiders, I know plenty of people who only begin PvP at level 55 just to get them. Having a head start on dealing with resolve would be beneficial. Besides, I think it would just make the daily grinds more fun if the mechanic was there and gave you something extra with which you can interact.

Excellent point!!! Great reply!!!

Excellent point!!! Great reply!!!

in COH break free powers persisted for 30 seconds. you could also carry inspirations to pop to get you free. those lasted 30 seconds. you wouldnt use you breakfree power and then get held a second time by the same power.

Hold The Line

Resilience

Hunker Down

Force Leap w/Unremitting

Force Speed w/Egress

Plenty of ways to avoid being controlled if you're smart.

Once or twice and then you wait for the cooldown.

Instead of a resolve bar in PvE that doesn't work just like the PvP one, how about the developers stop overusing the same tricks and annoying the hell out of the player base?

Someone on the EA/BW staff thinks it is fun for players to stun/controlled/knocked around over and over again, but they are the only ones.

It's easy to tell when a mechanic or trick is the FotM for the designers by how often it is used in an update or expansion. The word "sparingly" isn't in their vocabulary.

Am I the only one thats tired of being pulled 6 times pushed 4 times and stunned 12 times from mobs on planets???

Yes, I believe you are the only one. It's never happened to me and I've leveled 6 to 55, 1 to 38, and another to 26 and never experienced that.

Edited by Kourage

Yes, I believe you are the only one. It's never happened to me and I've leveled 6 to 55, 1 to 38, and another to 26 and never experienced that.

Some classes have knockback immunity skills, others don't.

However, I think the problem mainly appears as a dps with a healer pet, as you always have the aggro. My sorc never has knockback problems with Xalek out. The mobs can play paddle-ball with him all they want while I burn them to the ground.