Force Barrier is gonna be awesome.

Xethis

I hope the DEV Guys are reading the forums. The sorcs have been nerfed so much and the DPS is joke. The changes proposed to sorcs are meaningless and will not help the class at all.

For a class that is supposedly inspired after the Emperor, Darth Vader would have thrown his lame back side down the vent shaft much sooner.

The two things sorcs are still good for is CC'ing and AOE with lightning storm. I wonder when that's going to be nerfed as well.

Bioware, is there any hope???? Throw us a bone. :p

Force Barrier is an awesome skill and we must not complain about it.

What we must complain about is that, with bubble stun and root kb gone for hybrid specs, they have oficially broken all of our "half competitive" spec hybrids specs for PvP.

What about full madness? Its suffering, no significant damage or burst boost and the loss of instant whirlind cc hurts madness badly.

With heal specs still sacrificing core skills for healing to get SELF bubble stun on hybrid TK, while full healing still being a number padding sitting duck and light still laughable at PvP, we start swtor 2.0 basically in the same situation of 1.7.

- None of our trees / hybrids have survivability up to par with any other AC out there, be them DPS or healers

- The lost of the instant whirl highlight on madness is going to hurt the "PvPability" of the spec, with no meaningful dmg buff, its prolly a net NERF

- Light tree is still a joke but now is hogging even more on the hybrids skills of annoyance, since root on KB are SELF ONLY bubble stun are harder to get

- Full heals does about the same healing as a scoundrel healer with less burst healing and about 1/10th of the survivability.

Force Barrier is a awesome adition to the class but were still a laughtable AC in the PTS.

Total results of 2.0 = Slight nerf to sorcs, already the worst AC in the game for PvP. With the removal of annoying bubble stun and root KB from hybrids we surely took the title of worst AC from comandoes. We are oficially the worst dps AC, worst survivability AC and probably the worst healing AC now that super bubble root KB healing is no longer possible.

Scum and villainy indeed.

Force Barrier is an awesome skill and we must not complain about it.

What we must complain about is that, with bubble stun and root kb gone for hybrid specs, they have oficially broken all of our "half competitive" spec hybrids specs for PvP.

What about full madness? Its suffering, no significant damage or burst boost and the loss of instant whirlind cc hurts madness badly.

With heal specs still sacrificing core skills for healing to get SELF bubble stun on hybrid TK, while full healing still being a number padding sitting duck and light still laughable at PvP, we start swtor 2.0 basically in the same situation of 1.7.

- None of our trees / hybrids have survivability up to par with any other AC out there, be them DPS or healers

- The lost of the instant whirl highlight on madness is going to hurt the "PvPability" of the spec, with no meaningful dmg buff, its prolly a net NERF

- Light tree is still a joke but now is hogging even more on the hybrids skills of annoyance, since root on KB are SELF ONLY bubble stun are harder to get

- Full heals does about the same healing as a scoundrel healer with less burst healing and about 1/10th of the survivability.

Force Barrier is a awesome adition to the class but were still a laughtable AC in the PTS.

Total results of 2.0 = Slight nerf to sorcs, already the worst AC in the game for PvP. With the removal of annoying bubble stun and root KB from hybrids we surely took the title of worst AC from comandoes. We are oficially the worst dps AC, worst survivability AC and probably the worst healing AC now that super bubble root KB healing is no longer possible.

Scum and villainy indeed.

Seriously the dps is dead. Force Suffusion could make a decent damage (> 5000) and it is removed. Instant Whirlwind is removed. Any serious impact to PVP dmg is removed too. Force barrier will be huge for healers, but as damage spec will be laughable. Someone in BW hates this spec for Sorcerers.

Edited by Aetideus

Hmm. I did some theory building while I wait for PTS to download.

Apparently Chain Lightning now has a talent to slow and possibly root affected targets. Can't tell about the root because swtor-spy mentions getting "immobilized for 0." But this talent is in the same tier as bubblestun so it might be an interesting replacement hybrid spec. We, would, however, have to actively manage the CL proc for when we need it instead of being able to instantly rely on rooting overload. Could be interesting, actually, and I intend on testing it.

This is what I came up with. It makes many of the same pure healing sacrifices that current bubblestunners make. I don't take the bubblestun itself because it got nerfed into oblivion, but I would have traded bubblestun for Force Barrier and everyone getting the alacrity/interrupt immunity cooldown currently in Lightning tree on live. I've had ample time and warning to prepare for the bubblestun nerf; it's losing the root on overload that concerns me, and I'm trying to figure out how to prepare for it.

http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/sorcerer/236/?build=212012202122120201200100000000000023102202120210000000000000000000020000000000000000000000000000&ver=20

Hmm. I did some theory building while I wait for PTS to download.

Apparently Chain Lightning now has a talent to slow and possibly root affected targets. Can't tell about the root because swtor-spy mentions getting "immobilized for 0." But this talent is in the same tier as bubblestun so it might be an interesting replacement hybrid spec. We, would, however, have to actively manage the CL proc for when we need it instead of being able to instantly rely on rooting overload. Could be interesting, actually, and I intend on testing it.

This is what I came up with. It makes many of the same pure healing sacrifices that current bubblestunners make. I don't take the bubblestun itself because it got nerfed into oblivion, but I would have traded bubblestun for Force Barrier and everyone getting the alacrity/interrupt immunity cooldown currently in Lightning tree on live. I've had ample time and warning to prepare for the bubblestun nerf; it's losing the root on overload that concerns me, and I'm trying to figure out how to prepare for it.

http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/sorcerer/236/?build=212012202122120201200100000000000023102202120210000000000000000000020000000000000000000000000000&ver=20

Your build is VERY interesting and looks like it can be the sucessor of the live healing hybrid.

Althought i think the sacrifices are too much and the gains are marginal. We lost backlash, we lost root on kback. Root on chain light IS interesting but also look at skills like twisted force.

With the DPS classes ramping their DPS up and the other healing classes getting their goodies, i dont know if the sacrifices / marginal gains of a hybrid sorc will actually be viable.

For example, without the bubble relief, will we be able to heal people who are getting bursted down without having a talent like twisted force, with DPS and healing ramping up overall, only time will tell, but i can see a net nerf, friendly bubble relief and root on Kback are just too good, they also are the only thing that makes us mildly competitive, and they are gone.

I will definitely have to test my hybrid spec against full heals as well. Like I said, I was expecting the bubblestun nerf, but the loss of root overload came as a surprise. Given that the root overload accounts for at least a third of the "keep melee off me!" ability that I now have, use, and abuse, I am definitely going to be searching for new and exciting ways to kite.

Keep in mind that a doorstunned healer heals his team for 0.

Yes we are getting our own toys, both high up in the healing tree and Barrier/uninterruptable cooldown. We'll actually have some limited ability to facetank when we're trapped with sprint on cooldown now. The question is, can it offset losing an AOE root every 20 seconds? Given how much I rely upon that root, I'm not sure that it can. Best to be prepared for any eventuality, imo.

Although if CL only slows, and that "immobilized for 0" reflects the absence of a root, the balance of trade would likely skew towards full corruption. A slow won't stop a leap; a root will, and that's how I presently keep the smashers and pyros away. Oh, PTS cannot possibly download quickly enough!

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

Laforette, the root on chain lightning spec is only 0.5 seconds with a full two points, which isn't going to be long enough to LOS a leaper. So indeed, it looks like we're stuck with pure healing build that has no root to give us kiting space. :(

Talented CL has 1 sec root and 50% slow on the PTS right now for 2 skill points.

Its nice, i wont complain, but with marauders boasting 2 roots on carnage tree, 30 meter super slow macho man throw and operatives doing double ninja rolls, i think we got nerfed on that department, yes.

There is still much testing to do but i fear for our control hybrid.

It had 0.5 second root with 2 points invested when my download stun finally finished. For 18 points in lightning.

12 second slow would be useful against anything that can't leap to you, but there are so many leaps...

Well one thing's for sure. Though warzones are buggy as hell, I did a little bit of testing of corruption via duels. This is what happened.

I don't WANT to be forced to DPS. It looks like it's back to operative healing for me (and operatives got some crazy buffs). :(