Repub vs Imperial Legacy Heroic Ability

Knightmayre

Oh yeah, that's real fair that Legacy Imperial Agents get Orbital Strike and Smugglers get Dirty Kick? Really???? I realize the cooldown for these is ridiculous, but it's only fair! Please give the Smugglers XS Freighter and then we'll call it even with the Imperial Agents!!

Oh yeah, that's real fair that Legacy Imperial Agents get Orbital Strike and Smugglers get Dirty Kick? Really???? I realize the cooldown for these is ridiculous, but it's only fair! Please give the Smugglers XS Freighter and then we'll call it even with the Imperial Agents!!

/facepalm

They really really do hate Smugglers... don't they? :confused:

Hello there!

If you have a level 50 Agent and a level 50 Smuggler, you will be able to gain both of their Legacy abilities. Please see this statement by Daniel Erickson, Lead Game Designer, from the March 30th Community Q&A:

Clone_troope: I still don’t get how the Legacy system works. I have a level 50 Jedi Knight Guardian and a level 50 Smuggler Scoundrel. With the Legacy system can one ‘inherit’ the abilities of the other and vice versa?

Daniel Erickson (Lead Game Designer): Each class has one iconic ability that can be unlocked for your entire Legacy, which means every character on your chosen server. This ability is only available for use during the Heroic Moment ability (which means you need to have your companion with you, and that you only have a limited window to use it). In your case, that means your Guardian would unlock Legacy Force Sweep and your Scoundrel would unlock Legacy Dirty Kick. Each could then use the other’s ability as could any additional Legacy characters you might have, or create.

Hope that clears up any confusion!

And then the people with a lvl 50 agent and a lvl 50 smuggler will get ripped off because both legacy abilities are the same.....they're different for a reason. A Repub player will be able to use orbital strike too if they have a lvl 50 agent.

An extra stun is arguably more useful than a 3s cast ability that does a lot of AOE damage (but Heroic Moments are usually used in boss fights, so it isn't always that needed.)

oh really? In PvP maybe but heroic ability does not work in WZ only in some random open world pvp situation. But look at FPs or Bosses where 3 ppl with "agent buffed" player, preff smug, can use both XS and Orbital strike. I would say nice extra damage.

Also, but don't quote me on this, I believe that 2pc bonus from BM will boost both XS and OS.

Hang on. Since when did any class besides the Smuggler have an XS Freighter?

Also, it's bad(azz) enough that Agents can double Orbital Strike, imagine if they have a freakin' ship carbet bombing as well. Unbalanced much? Besides, Dirty Kick is pretty cool on it's own.

Hang on. Since when did any class besides the Smuggler have an XS Freighter?

Also, it's bad(azz) enough that Agents can double Orbital Strike, imagine if they have a freakin' ship carbet bombing as well. Unbalanced much? Besides, Dirty Kick is pretty cool on it's own.

Said other class doesn't need an XS, they only need to know somebody with one (AKA your level 50 smuggler).

But while I was originally feeling like some of you who think Smugglers got screwed, I will say two things. One, 4 seconds of stun that isn't interrupted by damage is incredibly valuable. Two, there is nothing more iconic to a Smuggler.

i think the imps unlock better abilities for each class of the legacy which is really annoying because i have imps on one server and reps on another (did this to join friends who had chosen different servers) i mean jedi knight unlocks force sweep and sith get force choke? like wth? jedi shouldve at least unlocked throw but force sweep is that a joke?

I use dirty kick way more than flyby, but im a healer...

But before they worry about making the legacy abilities even, how about making them useful? All I do is pvp and hard modes, so I never have a companion out.

Hello there!

If you have a level 50 Agent and a level 50 Smuggler, you will be able to gain both of their Legacy abilities. Please see this statement by Daniel Erickson, Lead Game Designer, from the March 30th Community Q&A:

Hope that clears up any confusion!

I can see even iconic ability's are always better on the Imperial side. Still favoritism for Imperials as always.

Lets compare here: Smuggler = Dirty Kick (3 second stun that some Elites just ignore)

So the counter is: Operative=Obrital Strike (massive damage that always works)

Yep these seem totally equal in use. If you are a Imperial yea.

Edited by Metalmac

having both legacy unlocks, i can tell you i get way more mileage out of the nutcracker than orbital strike. using orbital is pretty much just for fun, or a boss fight that im just too lazy to fight through. either way, when i pop heroic moment, i always use dirty kick, and often right off the bat.

best thing is actually the two in conjuction, you've got enough time from the dirty kick stun to cast orbital without fear of being interrupted somehow.

also, the only mobs that will 'ignore' dirty kick are group based bosses with the immunity.

finally, dirty kick, and indeed the vast majority of mirror moves, are way cooler, aesthetically, than agent mirrors. off the top of my head, the only agent animation i prefer is 'shiv' to 'blaster whip', because knives are just plain cool, but not quite as cool as shotguns. oh and they've got a better recovery animation. other than that, smugs ftw.

having both legacy unlocks, i can tell you i get way more mileage out of the nutcracker than orbital strike. using orbital is pretty much just for fun, or a boss fight that im just too lazy to fight through. either way, when i pop heroic moment, i always use dirty kick, and often right off the bat.

best thing is actually the two in conjuction, you've got enough time from the dirty kick stun to cast orbital without fear of being interrupted somehow.

also, the only mobs that will 'ignore' dirty kick are group based bosses with the immunity.

finally, dirty kick, and indeed the vast majority of mirror moves, are way cooler, aesthetically, than agent mirrors. off the top of my head, the only agent animation i prefer is 'shiv' to 'blaster whip', because knives are just plain cool, but not quite as cool as shotguns. oh and they've got a better recovery animation. other than that, smugs ftw.

So you are saying a single target stun for 3 seconds equals 3000 damage on 5 targets at one time?

Yea sure those are totally the same in power and depth. (Not even to mention the number of Elites that ignore Dirty Kick)

Edited by Metalmac

Just to rub it in, guys, my agent can do DOUBLE orbital strike when the heroic moment is active.

You think that`s unfair? That`s what you get for using home-built garage tech, imperial tech is simply superior to your tinkering.

It`s all part of the story you know...

Edited by Bazzoong

So you are saying a single target stun for 3 seconds equals 3000 damage on 5 targets at one time?

Yea sure those are totally the same in power and depth. (Not even to mention the number of Elites that ignore Dirty Kick)

Firstly: 4 Second.

Secondly: In the context of heroic moments? Yes.

You can't use a heroic moment when you're in a four man group (usually not even in a three man, unless you're the lucky one guy who gets to have a companion out), so anything about killing bosses in groups or whatever is out. You can't use these abilities for that.

They're only really useful when soloing or two manning things with a friend.

Further, heroic moment is an 'oh ****' button that adds regeneration on a 10 minute cooldown. Given that you're only using this in those situations, you don't want to stop and cast for (over, if you aren't in cover) 3 seconds and potentially get interrupted. On the other hand, delivering a swift kick to an enemy and taking them out of combat for four seconds unbreakable by damage while you're regenerating? That buys you valuable time to get life back and/or cast Orbital Strike if you have a 50 IA too (or XS if you're using the legacy version of dirty kick on your smuggler for some reason), or use whatever other damaging abilities to finish them off.

Unless you're using your heroic moments whenever they're off cool down to open a fight every ten minutes, dirty kick is the far superior option. And if that IS what you're doing, it's more just a method of wiping groups you wouldn't have much trouble with, anyway, quickly.

Edited by KryloKillian
grammar

Firstly: 4 Second.

Secondly: In the context of heroic moments? Yes.

You can't use a heroic moment when you're in a four man group (usually not even in a three man, unless you're the lucky one guy who gets to have a companion out), so anything about killing bosses in groups or whatever is out. You can't use these abilities for that.

They're only really useful when soloing or two manning things with a friend.

Further, heroic moment is an 'oh ****' button that adds regeneration on a 10 minute cooldown. Given that you're only using this in those situations, you don't want to stop and cast for (over, if you aren't in cover) 3 seconds and potentially get interrupted. On the other hand, delivering a swift kick to an enemy and taking them out of combat for four seconds unbreakable by damage while you're regenerating? That buys you valuable time to get life back and/or cast Orbital Strike if you have a 50 IA too (or XS if you're using the legacy version of dirty kick on your smuggler for some reason), or use whatever other damaging abilities to finish them off.

Unless you're using your heroic moments whenever they're off cool down to open a fight every ten minutes, dirty kick is the far superior option. And if that IS what you're doing, it's more just a method of wiping groups you wouldn't have much trouble with, anyway, quickly.

thank you... i mean seriously people, just because one move might "do more damage" doesn't make it more useful. i would prefer emergency CC/interrupt over a 3 second cast any day. besides.....who wouldn't want two dirty kicks? do you know how easy boss fights are with two dirty kicks?

It let's my knight kick people in the 'nads. It's fine.

If you really want to kvetch, whine about the fact that the Knight special ability is Force Sweep rather than something cool like Force Push. I mean really... it doesn't even stun anything that's not elite (unless legacy one is special and does or something).

Also, what elites ignore dirty kick? For me it's worked on practically everything but dungeon bosses.

Edited by Halkyon

There is no way that Dirty Kick is equal to that massive amount of damage of Flyby or Orbital Strike.

Dirty Kick is mostly for a stun to heal or hit hard or run away.

As I already have one on my Smuggler 2 Flyby/Orbital Strike is worth 3 times the value of Dirty Kick.

As a Smuggler I already have tons of CC so having a second CC is just worthless to me.

As a Sage I already have tons of CC so Dirty Kick is just worthless compared to Orbital Strike.

And as a Trooper the Orbital Strike compared to Dirty Kick again loses.

Over all you guys are Imp favored and it shows. Again the favoritism for Imperials is vastly clear to see.

(P.S. Please tell me why a talent the the Opertive has like Dirty Kick is not used and Flyby is the Smuggler one is not the Iconic one?)

Edited by Metalmac

There is no way that Dirty Kick is equal to that massive amount of damage of Flyby or Orbital Strike.

Dirty Kick is mostly for a stun to heal or hit hard or run away.

As I already have one on my Smuggler 2 Flyby/Orbital Strike is worth 3 times the value of Dirty Kick.

As a Smuggler I already have tons of CC so having a second CC is just worthless to me.

As a Sage I already have tons of CC so Dirty Kick is just worthless compared to Orbital Strike.

And as a Trooper the Orbital Strike compared to Dirty Kick again loses.

Over all you guys are Imp favored and it shows. Again the favoritism for Imperials is vastly clear to see.

In the context of a use anytime ability? Maybe. In the context of hey I can now toss out two unbreakable four second stuns when I'm getting pummeled and need regeneration and an extra edge in battle? Dirty kick is far more useful. You won't even get off a flyby or orbital in most situations that you'd normally use a heroic moment because the pushback on your cast bar while getting hit is going to destroy your cast time.

Unless you have, say, a four second uninterruptible stun to hit them with first.

Also: You're entirely missing the point of legacy. It's to motivate people to play different classes. Dirty kick is immensely useful on my marauder, and, honestly, force choke will probably be not nearly as useful as dirty kick for most of my characters (but it does have an amazing animation so I'll probably use it when given the chance, anyway, especially as I can just do both).

(P.S. Please tell me why a talent the the Opertive has like Dirty Kick is not used and Flyby is the Smuggler one is not the Iconic one?)

Because this thread doesn't exist for flyby or the (relatively boring) operative version of dirty kick.

Edit: Also because they don't want to give mirror skills to both mirror classes, because, again, Legacy is supposed to incentivize playing more classes, and it would fail at that if you were getting the same abilities from IA as Smug or from Trooper as BH, etc. etc.

Edited by KryloKillian

• 5 months later...
i think the imps unlock better abilities for each class of the legacy which is really annoying because i have imps on one server and reps on another (did this to join friends who had chosen different servers) i mean jedi knight unlocks force sweep and sith get force choke? like wth? jedi shouldve at least unlocked throw but force sweep is that a joke?

I still say a 4-second stun that doesn't break on damage is really friggen useful. XS Flyby is good when it's on a 60-second cooldown to clear out trash mobs. I would argue that when the **** really hits the fan, so much so that I'm popping my Heroic Moment, that two back-to-back Dirty Kicks (or the other class equivalent) are much more useful than some "spread the love" AOE damage.

Why? Well personally, I only use Heroic Moment when trying to tackle some really tough mobs. Elites or Champions. So if you're trying desperately to stay alive while fighting some really tough mobs, an XS Flyby won't do squat for ya. 8 seconds of stun on your enemies (and still being able to damage them!) on the otherhand...

Edited by Gassygunslinger

If they made them one and the same, then people on both sides would be complaining. In either way, if we had 2 of the same ability, people would say that its only worth playing through 1, as the after affect would be the same. This also goes for Warrior/Knight.