Vibroswords/blades

Kakeyo_Silverton

Does anyone know where I can find vibroswords/blades? Any place that drops them semi-regularly? Any flashpoints? Mobs? Areas? Any info would do.

** Note: I already know about the venders on the fleets. I don't want those ones, I want some of the other cooler ones I have seen other people wielding... I just don;t know where to find any of them.

Thank you for the time~!

Edited by Kakeyo_Silverton

I feel your pain! I have 2 low level healer alts that depend on their companions to do most of the fighting who use a techblade and vibrosword respectively. The GTN hardly ever has any of either.

What I did was to hit up a guild mate who has the crafting skill armstech and have a modable weapon made for me. Of course, I gleefully paid for his schematics and crafting materials plus a little something extra for the effort.

If you're not in a guild, you can go to your fleet and ask who has armstech as a crafting skill and see if anyone would be willing and able to make one for you.

Alternatively, you could pick up armstech and its related gathering and mission skill and make one yourself.

Hope that helped.

Each world has a vendor that sells weapons for price, and sells items that can be purchased with world badges. Some of these items are techblades and vibroswords. Do not discount the green items that have mods, because these are the same as far as I can tell as orange items with mods. You can swap out the mods for better mods to upgrade the weapon quality.

My favorite vibrosword for Khem Val is on Tatooine that costs around 12K. There's big knife tech blade on Balmorra (badge buy) for Qyzen if I recall correctly.

I do wish there are low level Armstech schematics for such items. Even though I'm a guy, I do care about how my companion looks, and so I want a weapon that looks good.

I feel your pain! I have 2 low level healer alts that depend on their companions to do most of the fighting who use a techblade and vibrosword respectively. The GTN hardly ever has any of either.

What I did was to hit up a guild mate who has the crafting skill armstech and have a modable weapon made for me. Of course, I gleefully paid for his schematics and crafting materials plus a little something extra for the effort.

If you're not in a guild, you can go to your fleet and ask who has armstech as a crafting skill and see if anyone would be willing and able to make one for you.

Alternatively, you could pick up armstech and its related gathering and mission skill and make one yourself.

Hope that helped.

I actually took armsmech myself just to try and get more vibroblades but most of them are strength based [i have a sage] or the modable orange one just looks like a stick [not the swords] so I felt jipped. I thought that maybe I could find something drop from a mob but no one seems to know anything about loot drops...

Thanks for the insight though. :3

Each world has a vendor that sells weapons for price, and sells items that can be purchased with world badges. Some of these items are techblades and vibroswords. Do not discount the green items that have mods, because these are the same as far as I can tell as orange items with mods. You can swap out the mods for better mods to upgrade the weapon quality.

My favorite vibrosword for Khem Val is on Tatooine that costs around 12K. There's big knife tech blade on Balmorra (badge buy) for Qyzen if I recall correctly.

I do wish there are low level Armstech schematics for such items. Even though I'm a guy, I do care about how my companion looks, and so I want a weapon that looks good.

I never thought about buying the green modable weapons... I will definitely look into those. Thanks for the tip. :3

I have an Armstech, and i have noticed that depending on the level of mods you put in the custom vibrosword they look different. For Example at lvl 26 Bowdaars custom orange looks awesome with sword and everything, yet giving a sentinel at 20 they just looked like sticks. I saw a guy in a WZ with 2 at 28 or something and they looked like big fat swords. So not sure if that has anything to do with it.

i think you can get orange swords from planets commendations (if you dont buy gear for your self for all of it) or find an armstech (some vibroblades should look sword like).

If you are a "high" level you can grinde group quest on a planet to get commendations to buy a orange sword than just change to mods to get it level appropriate

Oh you mean the swords that are completely reasonably sized and fit real well into the SW mythos?

like these:http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/8543/239099-img_1317_super.jpg

Ugh, i wish we could get something more akin to what we had in KotOR 1 & 2...

having to pick between either a stick with a string on it or an oversized manga-sword is cruel and unusual punishment.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

I'd be happy with the look if they just stopped making that god-awful clicking/clanking sound! That's like nails on the chalboard (and the sole reason my scoundrel/smuggler would not use Bowdaar).