Any chance that crates will be addressed before 6.0??? They are boring and depressing

Ummmm

I really almost hesitate in posting this. Someone is going thermal for ceratin. I actually now have either 3 (maybe 4) active characters with at least one piece of 252 . One of them has two. I just started getting the command consistantly about a month ago due to a prolonged inactivity from SWTOR. (please see note below). Since I have returned I have managed to push like crazy to get all alts (save one JK Sentinel with Kira) to Ossus. I have been working Ossus like a coal miner daily.

252 gear does drop ! I'm personally glad to see the drop rate increase !

[/Ducks behind desk ... grabs new minotor and key board as well]

Edited by OlBuzzard

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://imgur.com/a/LTbu212 is the screenshot I took after receiving my first and only after 5 months, 900+ tier 4 crates and it was on a character who didn't need it for any of her specs but was at GC rank 251. Earlier that night, someone freaked out in chat because a crystal dropped for them and we had to reassure them that they didn't exploit or break the game.

900+? Lucky you ;-)

ty for giving that info

• 1 month later...
They really had improved that - but since the last patch it seems to me the chage has been reverted again - no lockboxes or crystals since then, opening crates as depressing as described in OP again. Anyone else noticing this atm?

Yes, I feel like it's been reverted back to the original percentage chance of 0. Nothing in about 200+ crates, few weeks prior they seemed to drop once per 50 or so crates.

FWIW I have noticed an uptick myself. I didn't get a single crystal or artifact box in a crate from the time Ossus was released until the 5.10.3 update, but since then I think they've shown up as often as gold 248s. Which isn't to say all the time, but fairly regularly.

Hello Eric,

may I ask for a clarification of that statement? The 5.10 patch notes didn't mention, there is a chance for masterwork gear to drop, and I have never received a single item from tier 4 crates.

This is what's in the patchnotes:

• Tier 3 and 4 Command Crates now have a rare chance to drop Masterwork Data Crystals.
  • Artifact Lockboxes which contain a single piece of item rating 252 gear can now drop out of Tier 3 and 4 Command Crates.

For the record, in the 5+ months since 5.10 release I have not recevied a single Masterwork Data Crystal from Tier 4 Command Crates and I've only gotten 2 pieces of 252 Artifact Lockboxes. Don't know the exact number, but by my estimates we are talking about more then 1000 crates opened in my case.

Thank you

Peter

This change to drop rates he is talking about only came in with the Dantooine patch. So, you can only count starting there if you are answering this thread.

I havent been playing much. I got a crystal the week the patch came out. But i have been playing mostly alts in preparation of the expansion so i haven't been opening many tier 4 crates. That was all i got since though.

Hey folks,

So, I have good news on that front. The drop rates of masterwork gear from Command Crates is going to be increasing in 5.10.3 next week. That gear will still be rare overall, but it will start dropping more often.

Thanks all.

-eric

Lol, just noticed this post. Of course Masterwork drops rates are going up; they want those drops to be desirable. 6.0 has those drops fed by two simultaneous, compounding, monetized consumables. We're being incentivized to accelerate those drops with cash.

I just vendor everything for the extra credits. That's all the GC crates system is good for. Another form of trash loot that can be vendored. A shiny, gigantic waste of skilled workers' time to create an additional form of trash loot tables. I mean, talk about stripping away any illusion of meaning. Just spending your time pushing numbers up, so you can mindlessly click some boxes and get garbage to vendor. It borders on avant-garde art, how thoroughly it forces you to confront the emptiness of most MMORPGs.

In most cases, MMORPGs hide the number chasing and garbage loot behind layers of story or challenge that give you some reason to pursue it and find some kind of meaning in it. GC crates strip those layers away and give you the garbage of the systems in its most pure, undiluted form, and through it, you realize how mindless these games really are. Why am I opening this meaningless box, you ask? And the soulless husk of a virtual image composed of pixels with high contrast in the shape and scheme of some sort of sparkling box stares back at you, trying to communicate with your primitive brain, while your conscious mind cries out in despair at the profound numbness of an existence spent doing nothing and being nothing.

I just vendor everything for the extra credits. That's all the GC crates system is good for. Another form of trash loot that can be vendored. A shiny, gigantic waste of skilled workers' time to create an additional form of trash loot tables. I mean, talk about stripping away any illusion of meaning. Just spending your time pushing numbers up, so you can mindlessly click some boxes and get garbage to vendor. It borders on avant-garde art, how thoroughly it forces you to confront the emptiness of most MMORPGs.

^This. Remember in other video games where specific loot is tied to a specific boss or fight? For SWTOR, I think this virtually exists in Operations only, and even then, only certain bosses have specific loot.

In most cases, MMORPGs hide the number chasing and garbage loot behind layers of story or challenge that give you some reason to pursue it and find some kind of meaning in it. GC crates strip those layers away and give you the garbage of the systems in its most pure, undiluted form, and through it, you realize how mindless these games really are. Why am I opening this meaningless box, you ask? And the soulless husk of a virtual image composed of pixels with high contrast in the shape and scheme of some sort of sparkling box stares back at you, trying to communicate with your primitive brain, while your conscious mind cries out in despair at the profound numbness of an existence spent doing nothing and being nothing.

Must. Open. $***y. Box. Open.... must...

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Loot crates have been depressing ever since their inception three years ago when EA's end game monetization scheme was implemented in the form of SWTOR's 5.0 CXP "Galactic Command" system.

Masterwork crystals increased drop rate so near the next expansion makes the crates even more depressing. Same holds true for increased availability of the crafting material Charged Matter Transubstantiator.

Nce discussion ...

GC system is very nice and was a good concept for the time between 4.0 and now.

Because BW need the time to give us (players) something to grind and to do. Players need a job ....

So BW got enough time for Anthem .... and manpower for storytelling.

But what is the main problem with this kind of grinding system for the comunity ?????

Ahhhh .... there it is .......... some players aren't VIP's anymore !!!!

"Hey - i got maximum gear from NIM OPs ! - i'm the greatest BOSS ever .... "

The casual randoms " wow nice - respect - i got it in hundreds of hours grinding crates" :cool:

And now ... mimimimimiiiii ..... you fool dumb ..... you don't realy deserv it ....this sh*t doesn't count ....

Next problem ------> many randoms got 248 gear .... and what did those randoms do ???

YES ---- veteran flashpiont .... neverending run in Hammer Station in under 20 minutes ---- wow this ist amazing.

Oh - let us play Blood Hund Master Mod - öhm NO i got no time now .... lol

Let us play an HC OP ??? Öhmm no - to hard to long to difficould ....and if i wipe i blame myself ....

Many randoms with max gear and aren't able to make 6k dps or more. Many randoms never see an OP

inside but max geared ... and a problem for you ??? Realy ??? Sorry - is your own prob not our !

All those randoms are humans like we all - a part of the game - a part of us in the comunity.

A problem - realy - your problem ..... not my and not of the comunity ....

But - time goes time come .... and tadaaaaaaa OSSUS

Yehhhhhhh - and new story and new max gear ... oh ... only for subscibers ... hm ok ... lets grind ...

Cool - let us run a OP --- No - i grind Ossus because only there you get 258 ....

BW need subscibers and money for the work on 6.0 .... ok great let us pay for the future ...

CC and rng loot ... don't be sad - next crate next chance next luck ... keep on grinding some H2 again ...

The GTN is full of compainon gifts - realy good money maker ....

Ok - i'm sorry guys ... forgive me ... long story short.

The main problem is - BW game conzcept .... there is no linear conzcept

I stated on march 2014 ... as an subscriber untill now.

Many happens - many stuff comes and many stuff goes - and to many trade currency come and to much take away.

There is no linear concept of sability you can count on it ....

You grind and if you say -yeah- i got it BW take it away.

Every time something new that meaning the things you do many months ago was crap and now ist better ...

How many time the comunity was posting here for reforms ???? Did you feel sufficient listening before 4.0 started ???

The main goal of publishers and players aren't the same ... we must living with that ...

Galactic Command was good for 4.0 and 5.0 but not for Ossus and maybe not for 6.0.

The concept of 6.0 is determine for me how SWTOR future loks like ....

And trust me - if you don't will run NIM OPs you don't need 258 stuff.

And if you want 252 stuff go grind for it like the others ....and pay for Ossus ....

And all the 252 stuff in CC are bonus - also the crystals - and remember to 6.0 the 258 are lapsed ... and this is close ...

Don't misunderstand me wrong - i like Star Wars - the movies - the books and the game.

It is a part of me

May the force be with you - greetings Lydia ^^V^^ :)