[Video] Scrapper 1.4 PvP breakdown

Valliantsmugglez

After my first week of playing a Scrapper in 1.4, there are a few things I've noticed and so I made this video to sort of break down two days worth of war zone footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZuAdbN5Te4&feature=plcp

1) Sneak is now a movement increase. A gap closer? Well, in my opinion, it isn't what everyone expected, but it allows our efficiency against classes that would before kite us so much to be slightly better. The thing is, it lasts 6 seconds and it has a substantial cool down which can only be reset outside of combat or through our combat stealth. In my opinion this makes the ability more of a warzone roamer thing, allowing us to move fast around the map to where ever we are needed. Who else has constant speed like that?

2) I'm hitting higher than I did before, no matter what people tell me. I don't know whether it is a stat change gear wise, but I could never hit 3.9-4.1k on powertechs before, which is what I am noticing after this update. I am generally doing better against all classes: Shadows and Powertechs can't kite me any more, but Warriors are harder than ever, with their massive crits and unimaginable survival... beating them will take me some thought.

I hope you enjoy the video and benefit from it!

How do you feel scoundrels are in pvp compared to shadows?

Scoundrel DPS vs Shadow DPS - I kinda dig the shadow. But that's just me. They just seem to be able to blow you up fast and kill you before you have a chance to react.

Now, Scoundrel heals vs Sorc heals....I'm all about the scoundrel. I like that I can always get top heals everytime AND get the hell away and survive when im being blown up by too many people.

That was a pretty cool vid.

Been dieing to try scrapper or concealment but have heard nothing but bad things. I persoanlly have seen them do fine in one on one fights but what you show there is you really doing a lot toward objectives. I think I need to just jump in.

OP. If you would be willing to send me your build and any tips you have, I would appreciate it.

Edited by Technohic

How do you feel scoundrels are in pvp compared to shadows?

Well these two are actually my two favorite classes, I have a 45 shadow so I know a respectable amount on their play style.

On my Scrapper, in a 1v1 against any Deception Shadow, I will beat them. This is mainly because of the level of crowd control that comes with the Scrapper and one of the main reasons why Scrappers win is because Tendon Blast negates Force Sprint. Effectively this is taking their gap closer out of the fight completely if the Scrapper is skillful, because you could just effectively time the Tendon Blast since it sits on a smaller CD. Winning against tanking Shadows isn't as easy but the odds are still in my favor for generally the same reasons. The problems are that they now have a big force shroud and a much more defensive hit point line.

But I do not beat them in damage overall if they're good. In fact I don't often come above fourth in damage on the boards because of the obvious classes (Pyrotechs, Marauders) but a sin will probably come in front of me. This is because, for me, they have higher sustained damage, but at the same time they have more versatility in the way that they can switch to Mauling and get high burst. The fact that Shadows have this mixture means that they can keep up a level of damage that in total exceeds the Scrappers. With smaller cooldowns too, and force as a regen bar, Shadows will be able to progressively burn down targets more easily than Scrappers will.

Scrappers can burn down healers incredibly fast as well as light DPSers, but then they have to begin their sustained damage if they can't get out of stealth which is substantially lower than the Shadows, apart from Backblast.

Basically they have different uses. You'd use Scrappers for fast bursting on key targets, like healers, and you'd get the Shadows for the same thing but not to the same degree of power, but you can trust them to keep up a good level of damage throughout the entire warzone.

That was a pretty cool vid.

Been dieing to try scrapper or concealment but have heard nothing but bad things. I persoanlly have seen them do fine in one on one fights but what you show there is you really doing a lot toward objectives. I think I need to just jump in.

OP. If you would be willing to send me your build and any tips you have, I would appreciate it.

Heh, thanks mate :)

I have big plans for Scrapper guides in the near future so just stay tuned to my channel and I'll be releasing fully broken down tutorials for roles and gear.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#701MZGhMRddRkGRZhr.2 - This was the peculiar build I was trying during this video. Offensively it worked out great, and I found myself taking a like to it.