New Visceral Game to have it's game in the Twin Suns Next Year.

MandFlurry

Respawn Entertainment, might have been the original Company that made the Darth Maul only game. If it is, then hopefully the game hasn't changed, or much of it. I remember seeing the Darth Maul game with full Force Powers, and it looked awesome. :) Edited by MandFlurry

Those eager to get their Star Wars gaming fix will have to rely on Battlefront II for now, which features a single-player campaign mode - unlike its predecessor - with a brand new Star Wars story about a special forces commander in the Imperial army set on avenging the death of the Emperor and the loss of the Death Star.

No mention of SWTOR for that Star Wars fix?

I think the move to focus on one game for now, in terms of promotion and marketing, does make sense. Going on a tangential, but related, focus, I also think one of the interesting aspects of the article is that which is linked to from it: EA admitting that having no campaign (thus no real single player) for Battlefront was a big mistake.

As some of us know, there is a similar sentiment in the halls of EA (and certainly outside of it) about SWTOR having gone the MMO route rather than an approach of "KOTOR 3" with a lot of DLC. I'm not saying that's right or wrong one way or the other, but it's clear EA does need to have a strategy for how they package, market and ultimately deploy games related to the Star Wars franchise.

With more movies, comics and books on the horizon, it's clear interest is going to remain high. But it's also clear that fans will abandon a game if they don't feel they can get a "Star Wars experience" out of it.

No mention of SWTOR for that Star Wars fix?

A Real Star Wars fix would have had EA having most or their title on Dispaly. I don't like it that they did not have SWTOR there, to me it feels like a slap in the face, and i shouldn't be so open about my opinions, but that is my opinion.

To be fair Bioware Austen that works not only on Swtor but other material, will probably have all their events for the next gaming Conference in the Fall, in October. That's the way Bioware Austin has always handled it.

I am supposed to be doing to some EA stuff and other Company events today, as it is the last day, but have bad cramps lol :p

Again, I would say, that they have Chanhged Battlefront 2 from Battlefront 1 a lot because EA has gotten't so many Complaints from gamers. Especially the gamer's that loved the original Battlfront 2.. Now the the original Studio that did Battlefront 2 did a total overhaul gaming wise and Engine wise as well.

Gamers were allowed to to do what fans never thought would happen, and that is Land to Air, to Space Combat at a whim.

Lucasfilm said they would've given' them to contract to do the New Battlefront 2, but EA suits told Lucasfil, Hell no, not gonna happen because they have the Star Wars contracts now, The new EA Battlfront 2 has all 3 Trilogy Eras, which fand thought impossible, EA actually listened more to Us fans. I could do a Review of this, but when we start the game, like the attack on Theed we immediately get Combat Points, even if were not doing battle. With us accumulating Combat points, we can use them for Upgrading our Characters and also being able to use our In-combat live points to get an Immediate Starship to to fight whatever Faction in space.

So, EA did a half and half for us Fans of the older Battlfront series, by also may have hired some of those original Battlferont 2 developers and bringing them into EA....... May have done this. Not confirmed. EA, for the first time incorporated a lot more of what we wanted in this Battlfront 2, but there is still plenty more stuff that they could have done to Mirror the other Companies Redux of Battlfront 2, but EA does have it's Pride. :/

I think the move to focus on one game for now, in terms of promotion and marketing, does make sense. Going on a tangential, but related, focus, I also think one of the interesting aspects of the article is that which is linked to from it: EA admitting that having no campaign (thus no real single player) for Battlefront was a big mistake.

As some of us know, there is a similar sentiment in the halls of EA (and certainly outside of it) about SWTOR having gone the MMO route rather than an approach of "KOTOR 3" with a lot of DLC. I'm not saying that's right or wrong one way or the other, but it's clear EA does need to have a strategy for how they package, market and ultimately deploy games related to the Star Wars franchise.

With more movies, comics and books on the horizon, it's clear interest is going to remain high. But it's also clear that fans will abandon a game if they don't feel they can get a "Star Wars experience" out of it.

There is a Lot of, as they call it in Intelligence, chatter of EA having Bioware,, and/ or other Studios work together to re-do the Swtotr series for next-gen. I cannot confirm any of this, as it could just be fan speculation also.

But I would have at least wanted to see the Swtor Team get some respect in the way of the Swtor Team having a Cantina event there. The New Battlefront 2 game would have still outshined everything else, and at the same time have us Swtor fans be able to come and see the Swtor team, and show our support.

Respawn Entertainment, might have been the original Company that made the Darth Maul only game. If it is, then hopefully the game hasn't changed, or much of it. I remember seeing the Darth Maul game with full Force Powers, and it looked awesome. :)

That was Red Fly

That was Red Fly

Okay, thanks for getting the real company. I must say that it is hard to keep up with all 8 to 10 different companies that are or were doing these great and awesome Star Wars games, that were doing Awesome jobs on these fan favorite games. Empire at War was another game that looked very good but got cancelled and hop EA and Lucasfilm can come together and do that game.

Okay need to get back to CES's last day before everyone clears out, lol.

Edited by MandFlurry

There is a Lot of, as they call it in Intelligence, chatter of EA having Bioware,, and/ or other Studios work together to re-do the Swtotr series for next-gen. I cannot confirm any of this, as it could just be fan speculation also.

But I would have at least wanted to see the Swtor Team get some respect in the way of the Swtor Team having a Cantina event there. The New Battlefront 2 game would have still outshined everything else, and at the same time have us Swtor fans be able to come and see the Swtor team, and show our support.

If there is any truth to this whatsoever about BioWare giving SWTOR a sort of do over for the high end, I'd make th following suggestion to them if they are going the MMO route:

No more "infinite story" - have your classes, and individual class stories that the players all LOVED, but this time, have a definitive beginning, middle, AND END. Let every Class story have a satisfying conclusion.

And then, rather than extend out, ENRICH the time period the story happens in, by adding story INTO that time period.

The reason for that is many-fold:

[/[*]By having a finite story for each class, they can more accurately project the cost of having an "alternate" story for each class - and then sell those stories in the cartel market (free to subscribers)

[*]Likewise, if someone wants to play more of a "faction" story, the developers can then make faction only stories like Makeb (again, free for Subs, otherwise, sell it in cartel market)

[*]By doing it this way, the developers aren't going to have to come up with stale stories they have to figure out how to pace, but instead will be able to constuct tight, fun stories , and then refreshingly start something new. In this way, they can tell different stories over the same time period with an idea of the cost, and Subs and fremium players who bought those stories can pick which one they want to do on character creation.

LIST]

It just makes more sense, from a story and money perspective, and allows everything other than the core original story to be monetized, which will allow them to make further stories. Imagine if SWTOR wrapped up with chapter 3 of the original class stories, but you could then play 2 different stories per class, or 1-2 additional faction stories, or even some of the crazier stories not bound by convention? And the monetization and finite setting means it can be reasonably budgeted for and made possible?

That is how I hope they do it, IF you are right, and they do this...

Interesting.

Battlefront 1 was so bad, they can't pay me to bother with 2. And Battlefield is right up on that list, too.

For Battlfront 2, the Dev team has gotten' hammered by PC user's, that i have personally seen a lot, with so many people leaving the game. The biggest things are the rampant cheating that is tolerated by EA, and never put in a program like Punkbuster in, or another newer Anti-cheat program.

Also most people hate this stupid level progression rule, where you have to gain certain amount of levels just to wield certain better weapons, whereas in the original Battlefront series we would get our weapons from the start with no bs and just go and fight and have our fun. When EA took the Star Wars license over, the Fun went to hell so to speak. And EA has never gotten' over the hate from PC owners about these things.

In Battlfront 2 with it having All 3 eras in it, and with the other last Studio making a better Re-make of the original Battlefront 2, EA closed that re-made battlefront 2, took their notes on what stuff they did, along with other game changes, like being able to fly off a Planets surface and immediately go into Space to eneter Space combat, which EA never did. But know they have re-done it where even if ur just in a combat zone, and not even killling opponents, you will still earn points to become a a better Battle droing/ Jedi character, or use a space vehicle.

Whay EA did, is really have met Battlefront fans halfway, by not making it as good as the Company that originally made Battlefront 2 and also re-did it with a better engine, but EA is saying look, we won't give you this better game, but we will give you a chance to do most of what the Re-made Battlfront 2 had in it, but you will have to work harder, unlike the Originals and remade version.

Not going to happen. That would cost millions, and considering the state of the game, not enough profit to justify it. Most players are f2p and preferred. Wouldn't change for consoles.

Edited by cool-dude

Interesting.

Battlefront 1 was so bad, they can't pay me to bother with 2. And Battlefield is right up on that list, too.

Single-player is supposedly going to be the main focus of Battlefront 2. I might give it a chance, but I'm going to watch what people have to say about it first. If it's one of those stories that just exist to get you ready for multiplayer, not buying it.

• 2 months later...

I'm looking forward to a new Star Wars game, but I'm skeptical about the choice-and-consequence freedom we'll be given.

I hate being restricted by the one and only holy cannon. The laws of market kinda annoy me also. Products (movies and games) have to run together along the same timeline milking the current characters/events to a breaking point. Oh and the obligatory human lead. Forgot about being a non-human in a world thankfully packed full with a most diverse non-human, albeit humanoid sentiment species.

I love swtor for not being all that.

Edited by Johrun